Respected Contributor

ENOUGH ALREADY! I really can't believe how women carry on about clothes when there are so many important issues to focus our energy on. Can't we agree that not everything is for everybody. Some like vanilla and some like chocolate and others like strawberry and others like green tea ice cream. We wouldn't brow beat each other because you don't like the flavor I like. At a certain point it's just SILLY. I buy Logo, but I don't wear it the way Lori does. If Lori likes the way she looks good for her. Who are we to judge.

Esteemed Contributor

MarilynM - yes, I agree there are many important issues to focus our energy on. However, this is a Fashion Forum, so we discuss clothing here.

You can find Lori Goldstein styles everywhere. I saw an entire rack of long, asymmetrical, baggy sweaters with low pockets at Walmart this morning. $7.95 each. Looked very LOGO-esque to me.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2014 jbnh said:
On 1/27/2014 winamac1 said:

and we are off...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Just wait until PM Style when Susan Graver is on and there will be more posts on the many threads for Susan to stop talking so much. I am a long time QVC customer but new to these boards. I can see how some of these repetitive threads get really old for those who have been here for a long time.

You said it all! Right now (noon on Tuesday) the Carolyn-bashing threads are running. I really wonder if some people who are so bored have nothing else to do but wait for a certain host or designer to appear so they can start a thread to get attention. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I don't mind reading posts about someone disliking an item or a line - IF the poster has a valid opinion.

BTW - I love Logo. When I put my first piece on, I thought I was wearing pajamas. I don't have a lot, but I wear what I have. LOVE her cardigans! Smile

Trusted Contributor

I didn't care for the plaid top Lori was wearing -- but I liked some of the other pieces on the show and thought some of the models' outfits looked great -- relaxed, fresh, and inventive. And I enjoy reading peoples' reactions pro and con, even if they're direct and/or a little edgy. Differences of opinion and lively personalities are part of what makes these forums fun! Speak your minds, ladies!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor
On 1/28/2014 MarilynM said:

ENOUGH ALREADY! I really can't believe how women carry on about clothes when there are so many important issues to focus our energy on. Can't we agree that not everything is for everybody. Some like vanilla and some like chocolate and others like strawberry and others like green tea ice cream. We wouldn't brow beat each other because you don't like the flavor I like. At a certain point it's just SILLY. I buy Logo, but I don't wear it the way Lori does. If Lori likes the way she looks good for her. Who are we to judge.

You do realize we are on a shopping channel board and the fashion section of it no less. What do you propose we talk about? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Frequent Contributor
On 1/28/2014 Puppy Lips said:

Sometimes I think the models look fabulous in her clothes, and in other items they look horrible. There is no in between for me. Unfortunately, I think Lori herself always looks bad in her designs. She does not have the figure to pull them off, in my opinion. But she is happy, so to each their own. They would not work for me so I will not take the risk to try one.

ITA. When I see the designer herself looking not so good in her own designs, it makes me think twice before buying. Actually, I bought one piece a long time ago, but I returned it. It made me look pregnant.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/28/2014 LipstickDiva said:

You do realize we are on a shopping channel board and the fashion section of it no less. What do you propose we talk about? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

LOL, amen, Lipstickdiva

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} ... ummm, the weather {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

No, I don't think she looks good in anything she wears! Its almost like she started with a few tops that were okay and now the more she's on the uglier her clothing gets! I think it looks better on the tall thin models and I noticed that each piece is meticulously pressed, not just wrinkled & hanging. I can't say I have ever seen anyone wearing her clothes!

Honored Contributor

I will admit I really dislike those cardigans and tops with the chiffon hanging off of them. I also really dislike that one top that is a pull over and has the lace around the bottom.

I think those are my favorite tops she makes.
"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"