Esteemed Contributor

Why at this time of year,when everyone is fall shopping is almost everything sold out?

This is in fashion ,comon items like leggings,jeans,tunics, ect) !

....... also home decorating items for fall.

Is QVC so popular  that you cannot keep your products in stock!

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure, but possibly companies do not want to keep a lot of inventory. I know we all like to wait to see if things go on sale. It's probably wiser, if you really want something, to make your purchase as soon as you can. Like when I bought my new OTK boots at the beginning of August. If I had waited till say November, they might likely have been out of my size. It's your decision in the end.

Respected Contributor

Sold out of what?

Honored Contributor

If the sold out things are last season's items (and the season before that), thank goodness! I'm really hoping for new items at around Labor Day to become available -- please QVC!

Honored Contributor

QVC used to restock the same item 2 or 3 times a season but no more.  The only way you'll get a wait list item is if they have returns.  I think it's got something to do with cash flow and excess inventory.  Just another one of those distasteful changes we've seen at the Q.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

A little off topic, but I noticed the same thing at Target last week. I was going to order some household items, etc., shipped to a recuperating friend and No kidding, there was not one thing I looked for that was not either sold out or not available to order online. What a joke and waste of time. I wanted to use my red card for the additional 5 pct off. Yeah, right. Back to Amazon I went. 

Honored Contributor

It seems to me that buying smaller quantities of new, seasonal items serves 3 purposes for the Q and other retailers. They're afraid to take a chance on being stuck with unsold inventory clogging the warehouses, that they'll have to sell at clearance prices. Also, it causes a buying frenzy-- the "get it now, before it's gone" mentality. And finally, buying less means they can hold on to more cash. 

In the end, every decision is about the bottom line, and how their balance sheet looks to the shareholders and prospective investors. It's not about us, the customers, sorry to say.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

QVC used to restock the same item 2 or 3 times a season but no more.  The only way you'll get a wait list item is if they have returns.  I think it's got something to do with cash flow and excess inventory.  Just another one of those distasteful changes we've seen at the Q.

Nope.  You can get a waitlist item if someone doesn't send in their check, or if someone's credit card doesn't go through.   Also, it seems to me that in some cases the vendor does provide additional new quantities of the items for waitlist order. 

I esp. think that happens with jewelry shows but maybe in fashions also.

Why do you feature items on your on air presentations that are sold out in every size and color except xxs? If that's what you've got left then clearance it out or don't show it all!

For example, WWC leggings, nothing left but you devoted air time to it. Last week, the sale / clearance days, same thing, Great if you're xxs but most are not obviously. You need to adjust your size allocation. I would have bought about $500 worth of clothing but there was nothign in my size which ranges from m to xl.

Very frustrating and disappointing.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't now if its a change at the Q but all fashion now is so fast that its moving at the pace that they can't stay on anything for too long.  If you have netflix watch "the cost of it",  That shows how fast fashion goes from the factory to the landfill.  Way to much out in the marketplace so they just don't have time to look back and be reordering.  Just my observation. too much even for donations.