Esteemed Contributor

Re: Soft Surroundings

[ Edited ]

I've only been disappointed with one clothing piece I bought, a shirt dress.  It looked like denim, but I believe it was a tencel fabric.  I took it out of the package and tried it on.  Seemed like a good fit, so I put it in the washing machine with three or four other pieces and selected a delicate cycle.  The tag said to tumble dry low and I put it in the dryer with one other piece for about 20 minutes.  When I pulled it out to check it, I noticed a slit about 6-8 inches long right down the middle of the back!  It wasn't caught on anything or tangled up in any way, so I don't know how it got torn like that.  It appeared to go along the grain of the fabric as if there were dotted lines or a perforation to split it apart.  I never noticed how thin the fabric was until then.  I got it on sale, but they originally had it priced around $140.  They gave me a full refund without any hassle.  

Trusted Contributor

I can't say I've been thrilled with my purchases.  Have returned two items (one too small other too large) and kept two items - both overpriced I now believe.  It's a nice catalog.  Too many boho type items, and too many shark-bite and really long back hems on tops - almost every one.  Anyway, for me, no new orders.

Honored Contributor

Most of the stuff isn't my style at all.  What I noticed is that the items in the catelogs I have received have been the same stuff for the past couple of years.  They don't seem to rotate stock much.

Valued Contributor

I get their catalogs and drool over their tops and sweaters.  So, I ordered a sweater and the fit was too small and it cost me $17 in shipping and handling after returning.  Never again.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

I haven't bought anything from them in the past two years or so but I bought several things prior to that.  I love maxi skirts and maxi dresses an that boho chic look, so their styles work for me.  I had no size issues with them or any other online retailer because I make no assumptions about size.  I know my real measurements and everywhere I shop online, I use the size charts.  If you do that, you won't have any size problems.  So, now I think I'll have to pop over to their website and see what's going on...lol 

Esteemed Contributor

Over the years I have purchased a few items from Soft Surroundings.  I've only felt let down on a couple of occasions, but that can be costly considering their fees for delivery  and return shipping.  I particularly check them out for long feminine summer skirts.   I am 5'5" and order the petite length (if available), so that I get an ankle or low calf length instead of true maxi.  I have purcahsed a cople of exceptional coats from them.  The styles were unique boutique looks-- not something every other mall store in the country would have.