Honored Contributor

Socks that don't cut off circulation

I am looking for help in finding socks that are not so tight at the top that they feel as if they are cutting off circulation to your legs.  So far I found that Peds work well.  I would like to find some boot socks that contain a nice percentage of cotton to them, but are not so tight at the top.  I know this may sound like a silly request, but I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Socks that don't cut off circulation

I'm on the same quest. Why is it that the tops are so tight? I found some that were perfect, no band at the top but that was years ago and I don't even know the brand.

Respected Contributor

Seriously! I have very normal ankles and calves but socks are often so darn tight they leave a slight mark.What is that even about?  

Trusted Contributor

My feet stay cold all the time, so I wear socks year round.  I've tried almost every brand and am still on the endless search for socks that are warm on my feet, but don't bind my feet and don't cut off my circulation, as the OP mentioned.  I've even gone to men's socks but they are too long and too big to keep my feet warm.  I am about to give up the search!  I will keep reading here to see if anyone offers any brands that we can try!  Thanks in advance, and thanks for this topic!

Esteemed Contributor

Hue brand usually work for me.  They don't have a tight band around the top like many socks.  Macy's carries them.  I just did a search and they  have a relaxed fit sock with a wider band.  I haven't tried those.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123

If you are open to fleece, Acorn makes a good one.  Not cheap, but they wear well.

Women's Acorn VersaFit™ Socks - 443616 

L.L. Bean has some too, but I haven't personally tried them.

Adults' Bean's Fleece Socks

Honored Contributor

You have just described a diabetic sock, as they are designed to be soft, warm, and not binding in any way.   

Honored Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

Seriously! I have very normal ankles and calves but socks are often so darn tight they leave a slight mark.What is that even about?  

Maybe you are buying "children's socks".......honestly, they don't look much different..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I agree with you about tight socks.  I buy socks that even say they are a size 10 but the stupid tops are still tight.

I know for sure they are not children's socks.  They are just tight.  When I go to the Drs for a checkup he said, "Hummmm....your ankles are swollen".  I say, "That's because these freaking top of the socks are tight.  Nothing can get past these tops".  Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting discussion.  I am looking forward to good recommendations.  I have pretty thin legs, but I find that socks either fall down all the time or cut into my legs.  Still searching for ones that stay up and don't hurt.