Honored Contributor

She married ?

Regular Contributor
I agree with all thats being said. You can set your clock to a lot of these presentations. If they could throw in some new items instead of the same clothing, beauty items and kitchen stuff.
I do buy some of the items presented but yes, let's have some new stuff!
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I sometimes think that QVC is selling "remainders" when I see a product/brand that was never shown before now on final clearance with only a limited amount available.

--------------------------------------------

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Carolina925 wrote:

I don't understand why the website has so many different brands yet we still see the same thing day in and day out. Is it expensive for them to air products? And why, in an hour long show, would they show the same thing two or three times in that hour? I just don't understand.,,,, (snip)

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I'd like to see some more Home Decor Shows.......Wasn't last weekend all weekend Fashion? 

Let's get some variety into the mix.

Same with Beauty- It, Tarte, Philosophy and Josie....

I rarely watch live shows...This is a big part of why! 

@CANDLEQUEEN  I agree!  Just made my weekly trip to Hobby Lobby.  They have beautiful decor and the prices are very reasonable.  I could spend the day there 🤗.

I like the variety and being able to see and touch the products.  My best buy today though was at Boscov's.  They had a set of Luminara candles for $19.99...70% off.  They even came with a remote.  I picked up 2 sets for Christmas gifts.  They sold out quickly.  
Years ago QVC had some nice home decor...but it seems like clothing is their specialty.
I have picked up some nice things at HSN from the August and Leo brand of decor....excellent quality. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

How about the seemingly daily shows of Josie Maran, Philosophy and Barefoot Dreams?  They're what I'm sick of....over and over.

It's hard to believe qvc doesn't have an ownership interest in these companies.

@Kachina624   That's exactly what I was thinking on the repetitious fashion post.  D & C, Susan Graver come to mind as QVC owned.  There must be more.  

Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nix   Same old, same old.   Complaints that is.

I know what I have to do.  I need to cut my Forum time to no more than the time I watch QVC itself.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   I believe all those vendors ARE UNDER CONTRACT to QVC and part of that contract are how many appearances each is MANDATED to make in a calendar year.  I also think how many TSV's they feature are also in mandated in their contracts.  There are other vendors who appear from time to time who are NOT under contract but the ones mentioned in the post, I believe, are in that category.

I'm not sure (of course, how would I know); however, I believe that based upon sales there is some kind of financial arrangement between the vendors under contract that benefits QVC with a larger percentage of sales each line produces than exists for vendors not under contract. 

I also think that QVC picks the hosts to present the items on air, not the contracted vendors.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: So Tired Of.....

[ Edited ]

the  machine  ( ? Shark ) that  vacumed up the chicken soup  on the floor was something.

It also steamed cleaned the floor . I was sick of seeing those demonstrations over the years .   My grandson was sick yesterday and  vomited all over .I thought that could have been handy to have had.

as far as Josie Maran, she should just wear a swim suit top or sports bra   while smearing all that lotion on rather than those really low cut dresses without a bra.

Respected Contributor

@Stevie Nix  The offerings have become so stagnant that I choose not to watch, same ole same o, just my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

Re: So Tired Of.....

[ Edited ]

I think a salient point that's missed here is that most people do not watch QVC as much as many here do, including myself.

One strategy is to catch people as they pass by changing channels and hopefully they stop and become interested in something they see.  Therefore, giving the main brands lots of airtime works for that.

Another strategy is to build loyalty to the brands they make the highest margins on which are definitely the house brands.  The sales dollars don't matter as much as the margins.   The other miscellaneous brand names on the website like Nic and Zoe probably provide a tenth of the margin the others do.  They're really just the middleman like Walmart is as someone upthread stated.