Respected Contributor

Re: Shopoholics: One Day At A Time (Wednesday Sept. 2, 2015)

Welcome Sue!!  I love fall too!  Miss the Northern crisp air and cool breezes, we will have to wait a couple more months for that.  At least!  I love sweaters but have a very minimum, don't get to wear them much.

I finally got my shower and ready to head out the door.  I guess I'm going to go walking at a mall somewhere, explore some more.  Hugs to all!

Respected Contributor

Barbara I hope you feel well soon.  I hope to get my home minimalist-ish!  ha ha!  I picked out 3 tops in the rv I can live without - we'll see how I do.  I have a list of things to get from the house this weekend.

Susan, I think I am getting tired of ironing and ready to get rid of a couple tops that need it.  Have been taking DH's things to the cleaners for a while now. 

Today is craft day at the rv park so if I am back in time I might join the ladies and say hello.

Respected Contributor

Happy Bituhday!!!!
Esteemed Contributor

SNICKS, Good morning to you & all of our ladies today. Making phone calls can be time consuming. I did that job last Thurs. along with a few emails upon returning from our mini vacation. LINDA R, Sounds like you have a nice bunch of church ladies. How nice for them to be able to ride the bus. So nice to go to the funeral of one of the ladies MIL. I am sure that it will be appreciated. Yes, it is so sad to hear about all of the deaths of law enforcement officers. RC, I did have a pair of blue suede boots that were very weather resistant as I used a suede spray. It was KIWI leather/suede spray. I think that you can find that stuff almost everywhere. I bought myself a pedometer today as walking is not fun for me & maybe it will give some more incentive to walk. When I saw my GI Dr. a few weeks ago, he told me to lose 6# & come see him in 6 months. Then when I went to make my appt. they said I needed to see his PA as she does followups & he does the serious stuff. REALLY??? MARIJANE, DH watches the Red Sox as our Brewer's are awful this year. SUSAN, Happy Birthday wishes to your DH coming your way. DH & I had breakfast out today too. It is hot & humid here for the 2nd day in a row. No relief in sight until next Monday. Meatloaf is my DH's favorite too but not my favorite thing to make. The strawberry pie sounds YUMMY. Welcome SUE2. Join us anytime. It is now time for me to hang a load of laundry on the lines. I am so happy with my new clothesline.
Esteemed Contributor

SUE2, Our DD's name is Sue. I am such a fall person. Can't wait for the heat & humidity to be gone so I can wear boots & fleece coats. It is also my favorite time of year to travel. My DH keeps telling me that he thinks that I like to travel anytime of the year. SYDSGMA, I hope that your infusion goes well with few ill effects. Too bad about no A/C when Sydnie had her Open House. I would be in & out in a flash too. We are into day 2 of hot humid weather. I can't wait for it to be gone. I purged my closet last winter & it is so nice to see what I really do have in there. I did have a shoe mess but took care of that a few weeks ago. MARIJANE, We have been married for 45 years & my ironing board is probably 15 years old. DH broke the first one as soon as we got it for a wedding gift so I was happy to replace it with an ergonomic one. It is wide & doesn't tip over & I can sit to iron if I want to. Good luck with getting the wood split & put away. SUSAN, I need to clean house next week for just one house guest. You really have a big bunch coming on Labor Day. My constructive thing for today is taking my moped downtown so I could get my walk in before it got too hot, DH & I had a nice breakfast out & then headed to Shopko for their senior citizen day 15% off specials. I needed to buy a wedding gift, paper towels, hair mousse, & a pedometer to maybe make my walking more pleasant & productive. DH did find a nice hose that curls up into a little pile. It was marked down from $25 to $10. After much searching at the wedding print out sheets we decided to purchase a nice knife set in a wooden knife holder. The wedding is October 3, but we will be on vacation & unable to attend. The laundry is hung outside & blowing in the breeze. Lunch time & then enjoying the A/C. It is too hot to hot tub before later tonight.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Very active thread this morning.  Thanks for getting us started snicks, and Happy Birthday to Susan's DH.  It is pretty humid for us today, but not humid at all compared to what it would be in Maryland.  And, it is pretty warm -- should make it into the 90's again.  I used to love the Fall -- leaves turning, wearing Fall clothes, etc., but we just don't have a regular "Fall" here in southern Arizona.  I do miss it, but I don't miss the cold winters one bit.

Waves to Susan, Marijane, Kathleen, LindaR, Sue2, Barbara (good luck with your infusion) twinny, Jean (working), Arlene, Bernie, Rosa, Charlene, Gayle, Karen, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I had my osteoporosis shot this morning, and I asked the technician about my bone density test results.  She said that she sent me a letter about them, but I asked her to look.  All she said was that there was improvement from last year.  That makes me very happy.

Ironing is a weekly thing with me -- normally Sunday afternoon.  And, I don't mind it at all.  In fact, ironing got me into watching football many years ago.  In the old days, there wasn't much other than football on TV on Sunday afternoons.  Anyway, I still enjoy football a lot, which is a good thing since it is such an important part of my grandchidren's life.  

My back is hurting -- no idea why, but I'm trying to find ways to deal with the pain and move on.  Current plan is to go to COSTCO today.  I ended up doing some bush trimming yesterday, and now I have a bunch of branches on the ground and a bush that needs much, much more trimming.  Don't know what possessed me to do the work, but maybe  it was inspiration from some of you who have done so much yard work.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

LL, It sounds like your bone density test had good results. I had some bone loss quite a few years ago when I was on prednesone (sp)? My Dr. put me on Fosamax for a few years. When I had my last bone density test a few months ago, he told me that without taking Fosamax for several years, my bones are better than they ever were. He also tells me that I don't need to worry about falling & breaking something. I don't need to iron very often, but I definitely don't like doing it in hot weather. Off to take the laundry down. It dried quickly today. My life is so exciting sometimes. I grew up in a family that didn't watch any sports on TV & my DH watches them all & played many of them. Baseball is my favorite & football is the one that I don't watch. I never know what they are doing. I either go shopping, sew or clean & declutter the house. All 3 DGC play soccer & at least I can see when somebody makes a goal. I enjoy their band concerts the best though.
Trusted Contributor

Twinny BB is my favorite too although I like yo watch college basketball and my DH team......football the least  I guess because  I don't understand  what's going on either.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's another hot day; I got to use the pool for a little while yesterday and hope to again today. The water isn't as sparkling clean as it was, but I just read or nap on the float - I want to enjoy it as long as I can; I hate to see summer go. Cat Sad

I'm off in a little while; I have to pick up some things at Aldi, and also stop by the Christian bookstore - I asked the lady who owns it if she can donate a few things for the Ladies Night Out party that the chaplain in A-stan is holding as a morale booster for the female troops.  I met the woman from my town's FB page who said she'd donate a couple of things.  A couple of things???  She gave me a big shopping bag packed with stuff - everything from sunglasses to soaps to about a dozen things from BBW; that was really nice of her. Cat LOL  I want to get the rest of the boxes mailed on Friday; so far I have four more ready to go. 

Publix has both canned cat food and kibble on sale this week, plus it's Wednesday, so that's an extra 5% off.  I think I'll drop the dogs off after my Aldi trip, then grab some chicken at the new Popeye's before I go to Publix and take my time browsing - I need some "me" time! 

This new computer is very frustrating. Last night I got a notification that there were updates.  There sure were - 114!  I started them, and they took about 4-5 hours...then I got a message on the screen that they couldn't properly apply them, so they had to be undone...which was hours more.  I still haven't gotten around to disabling the caps lock; I have the code, but it seems the registry is set up differently on this one. Since I couldn't do anything on the computer I did some more foraging through my jewelry and unopened beauty products and got a bunch more together for the troops. I also got an entire cozy mystery read while I waited.

Since finances have been tight I decided to use some things I came across in my jewelry armoir and have never used as gifts for the cousins whose birthdays are next month.  I have a nice wristlet from Coach, as well as a cosmetic bag, both complete with dust covers; I also found a cute cat necklace by Ritz that I had gotten from the Q years ago; the receipt was still in it - what was I thinking, paying $60 for something I'd rarely wear?  Cat Frustrated  I never wore it al all!   Now all I'll have to get is a couple of extra little things.

Hope your husband has a nice birthday, Susan; I love strawberry pie!  The other day I was thinking about Chock Full O' Nuts, where I used to go with an aunt almost every week when she'd take me shopping.  They had amazing pies, with real whipped cream, and the strawberry was my favorite.  It's too bad they're gone; they also had incredible whole wheat donuts that were soooo good!

Marijane, my late husband's birthday - and our anniversary - was also on the 10th.  I spend the day in mourning over the biggest mistake I ever made!  Cat Wink

Welcome, Sue - hope to see you often.  I've also met some of the ladies from the board, which was a lot of fun.  It's a nice group. What part of the country do you live in?

Ironing???  I gave away my ironing board and have never missed it - I don't know why I even bought one when I moved here, as I don't remember using it; on the extremely rare occasion I have to iron out a few wrinkles I just put a towel on the dining room table.  I have a old iron that the super from the apartment building I lived in when I first moved here gave me; the poor guy had a crush on me and was always giving me stuff.  Anyway, it's an old-fashioned, heavy one, and I love it - it makes a great weapon!  Cat LOL  I guess it could have other uses too...

I guess I should get dressed and be on my way.  Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Esteemed Contributor

MARIJANE, I like college BB too. What team does your DH root for? We root for UW-M as both of our DC graduated from there. They have had a wonderful coach for a long time, but this is his last year & then he will retire. FHG, It is too bad that you are having so much trouble with your new computer. Cute picture of heating up pizza on an old iron using a blow dryer. I can remember seeing my grandma in England heating up an iron on the stove & then quickly ironing with it before it got too cool. My how I love my Rowenta! Enjoy the pool as your days are probably limited too. How I wish for fall to arrive.