Honored Contributor

Shopoholics ODAT Wednesday 7/27/2016

165739-Hey-Its-Hump-Day.jpg

Good morning all, didn't see a thread started yet. Hope everyone is doing well today. I always get a giggle from the hump day graphic, lol.

Not much going on today, going to shampoo my bedroom carpet, have already taken care of the morning pool maintenance, that's about it for me. Oh, I will be ordering a new zip fitbit, mine quit working, just when I was getting in the groove. It's really not a necessary expense, but it does seem to encourage me to get those steps in, so...

Well, off to start my chores. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Wednesday 7/27/2016

@Snicks1

Hello there snicks and all who follow. 

People in my state have joked that we should update our state flag and remove the crest/animals on there and replace them with a picture of an orange construction cone.  I'm beginning to agree with them.

Just when I got used to the lane shift that I encounter during my daily commute, they switched it over night and man oh man, was that area congested this morning. 

Won't be driving that stretch of road tomorrow, lol

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Morning All, Thanx @Snicks1 for the start & "Hump Day" graphic, love it.  You're having a productive start to the day, I'm still just goofing off

@Bird mama, I just hate when they change the lane closures, just when I think what lane I should be in, pow! now it's the other one, sure does mess up traffic.  Here in Chicago, we say we have 2 seasons, Winter & Construction, getting to the airport is becoming a hassle & I go in the "back way" think too many found out about it.

Not much going on today, weather has moderated somewhat, still high 80's but less humidity, so that helps.  Think I'll head to Aldi's, some sale items that interest me.  Still too hot to tackle the weeds so right now they rule.

Wishing all a good day, & Hugs being sent your way

Essie

Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Thank you for starting the thread and the chuckle for the day. Love the graphic.  Sorry your Fitbit stopped working just as you were getting in the groove. Hopefully, the new one will arrive quickly.

Bernie--I "love" the lane closures when they warn people to move over in the other lane. Most people obediantly do that but there are alway those who  drive to the very last possible inch on the other lane and then expect people to let them in.

Essie--Tackling the sales at Aldi's sounds like a much better option than tackling the weeds in this hot muggy weather.

I was up  at 4:30 to go to the bathroom when I realized it was pitch black all over the town. We finally got electricity back at 7am just in time to brew hot coffee and fix breakfast. In the meantime, the cold leftover coffee did me from 5am to 7am.

I've just been paying bills so there is nothing exciting going on. I did make an appointment for next Monday in the city for the car's routine checkup, etc. My mid-week weigh in did show that I had dropped 3.2 pounds since last Wednesday.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning shoppers with restraints -- great picture.  Loved that commercial!!

I see everyone is up and rolling -- I'm just at the coffee stage so far.

Weight loss - awesome.  That is always welcomed news.

If a new fitbit gets you motivated, it's a necessity in my book.

Road construction has been going on here for many months -- I don't appreciate it when a major road is torn up for months and then the cross roads to it are a hot mess as well.  Have to park blocks away and walk to the business.  Really, can we plan just a bit better?  Obviously not.

Changing lane closures - I'll take the 5th on that.  Everyday and almost no notice, driving 50-60 miles an hour, need a bit more notice, just saying lol.

Ladies - watch the credit cards, you'll be happy!!  Have a great day!!

Honored Contributor

This is a popular sticker here

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, rofl.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Nothing much going on here; I'm still waiting for delivery of my pool/lounge; I got notification the other day that it has shipped.  Every day I've been getting an email from eBay asking if I'm still considering buying that pool and suggesting a seller - no thanks;  two losers are enough!  Cat Mad  I finally got the refund from the first seller; I'm waiting for it to hit my credit card balance.  Isn't it funny how when you make a purchase it comes out of the account in a nanosecond, but you have to wait up to a week for a return to show? Cat Frustrated

Essie, that's one of the things I love about Aldi - you never know what you'll find! Cat Happy I have a 10 drawer cart for my coloring supplies that I got there for $24.99; I've seen it elsewhere from $40-60 dollars. I've been doing most of my food shopping there as well, because you can't beat their prices. 49¢ for a dozen eggs is unbelievable!  And not only are their bread and hot dog/burger buns super cheap, they aren't made with HFCS.  Cat Happy

Bird, I'll have to share your graphic with my cousin in Michigan.  Here's one that made me think of you:

Stuff Birds Say

Congrats on the weight loss, Jean. I don't go by weight but by how clothes fit; the pants (capris/knee-length) that I got in Sam' a few months ago are getting looser, which makes me happy. Cat LOL

Nothing special planned for today; I do have to cut the grass in a section of the back yard as it's gotten very high in one particular area. Thankfully the front isn't growing much.  Apart from that I'll probably take my girls for a drive this evening when it gets cooler; Autumn got to go to the park for a swim yesterday, but Angelica hates water and is too strong for me to walk, so she needs an outing. Maybe I'll even get some things listed on eBay.

Hope your day is going well, LindaL.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FunkyHulaGirl

Wow, that video of the birds singing and talking is something else. 

Grayson, my pigeon coos at me and dances with me. 

Presto, my youngest sparrow loves a song named Housequake by Prince.  If I want her to dance with me, I put on that song and as soon as she hears "Shut up already, dang  (the opening line) she flies in and perches on my shoulder.  Housequake is the name of a dance and when I dance it, she hangs on to my shirt and goes up and down with me when I jump.

Poppi, well, he's ancient so I don't bug him that much about anything.  Although if I walk into the room and say Chaka Khan, he chirps and flies around. 

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama, love the sticker, we need one for Illinois, could also put a few more things on it