Honored Contributor

Shopoholics ODAT Sunday 5/1/2016

Good morning all, can you believe it, it's May already! Seems like just yesterday it was April, lol.

Just finished clearing up a pile of paperwork, still need to file some and shred some others. Will run to the store for a couple items, then on to buy plants for 3 pots out by the pool. Not sure what else is on the agenda for today. It is cloudy and about 58 degrees, but supposedly not going to rain, so that will be a good thing. Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopoholics ODAT Sunday 5/1/2016

Hi Snicks - thanks for getting us started this morning.  Just wanted to say that I liked the photo you posted of the landscaping you have using the flag.  Very nice!

I will add a Fashion comment...about a month of so ago there was a Susan Graver dress as a TSV.  I was interested, but thought I'd wait for the inevitable returns to show up "as-is".  They appeared a few days ago and I ordered a black and the black floral.  I hope that they fit, as I could use a couple of dresses.  They'll get returned if they don't work for me.  

We had a busy day yesterday, but got a lot accomplished around the yard.  In a little bit we are planning on going to church, followed by running a couple of errands.  Hopefully the rest of the day will be rest-filled.  

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!  ~  Charlene

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Snicks - Thank you for starting us today.   I also can not believe it is May, good job on cleaning out paperwork.  I need to go thru my filing cabinets again and get rid of a few things.  We won't be doing any planting for a couple more weeks. we plant flowers and get our baskets more towards Memorial Day.

Charlene -  You and DH were very productive yesterday.  Hope the dresses work out for you.   You both deserve a day of rest today.

Not much going on here today, I did get the floors swept and kitchen mopped.  It is raining like crazy out now and supposed to be like this all day, so I think today will be a cleaning decluttering day.  Off to do something constructive, hope everyone has a great morning.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies......Susan we also have your weather today..it's raw out too but we need the rain and it's not snow.....so all's good.

I ran out this morning and noticed at a gas station it was up to $2,31 for regulat.....I think just a few days ago same station was $ 2.25...one of the ladies was saying how gas is going back up......summer is coming.

Had a nice time is DGS b'day party yesterday although it took us longer to get there than the  actual party..in was in a sports event place from 3.30 to 5.00.....at five they started to clean off the tables and start to set up  for  the next group of kids.   I imagine whoever thought of these

"events party for kids" have made a killing.   WHat happened to b'day parties athome....pin the tall on the donkey etc that my kids used to go to ?

That's about all from here...have a nice day everyone.      Marijane

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Looks like a quiet day on the board. 

Mark was supposed to be here at noon.  Yeah, well, it's going on 1 p.m.... Cat Mad  At least it's an overcast day with a forecast of rain, so I'm not sitting home when I could be out enjoying beautiful weather.  OTOH, most of the work he has to do is outdoors.  I'm really disgusted with handymen - it seems like finding one who's honest, reasonably priced, does good work AND is reliable is an impossibiity.

I was up really late; I got my homework assgnment mixed up - there was more to it than I thought, and for some reason, sometimes assighments are due on Saturday instead of the usual Sunday and sure enough, such was the case with this one. Add to that instructions on assgnments that are unclear and, well, let's just say I'm glad this class will be over with a week from Friday.

Charlene, Burlington had some absolutely gorgeous dresses, but - I have no need of any; I don't even wear the ones I've got. Hope the ones you ordered work out for you.

Well, I'm going to settle down with a book...and wait for this guy. Bah!

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Well, it's after 1 p.m....and I just got a text from that fool asking me how long I think the work will take.  How the heck should I know?!  Cat Mad

Marijane, like a lot of things concerning kids these days, birthday parties have gotten out of hand, and many kids are developing an unhealthy sense of entitlement.  They'd probably scoff at the games we used to play, and the simple parties.  Sad, in a way.  Cat Sad 

Honored Contributor

Hello all, another overcast day with on and off rain.  My grass, shrubs and trees are loving it.  Aside from doing a load of wash, the only other constructive thing I've done so far is the grocery shopping. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, snicks.  No rain yet, but it is pretty cloudy, and they are predicting the slight possibility of rain today.  We need the rain, so I won't complain if it happens.

Waves to Charlene (hope the dresses work out), Susan, Marijane, Arlene, Bernie, Jean (hope you can get some rest tonight), Kathleen, twinny, Esse, Rosa, Barbara, Karen, LindaR, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Church was fine, and soon DH and I will be leaving for the gym.  He slept well last night and no accidents this morning!  I'm a happy camper.  This is our wedding anniversary (nine years), but I don't plan to celebrate by going out or anything.  Maybe during the week we will go out for pizza.  

I went though a dresser yesterday, and found quite a few pairs of underwear to toss.  Organized the other shelves, and found one top to donate.  If I have time, I will tackle shoes today.  After going back and forth about it, I decided on a trip to Portland, Oregon at the end of July.  Thanks for the cruise suggestion, Arlene, but I am not crazy about cruises (DH and I took one to Mexico, but I preferred the time when we went to an all-inclusive resort there).  I have never been to Oregon, and I understand it is nice.  Definitely a contrast to the Arizona desert.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Happy anniversary, LindaL! OK, if you don't like cruises, how about a trip to the Big Island of Hawaii?  They have 13 of the 15 climate zones in the world, including a rainforest!  Cat Happy 

Well, it's almost 3 p.m., and no Mark.  I texted to ask where the (*% he is, and he has one excuse after another.  I'm getting really, really fed up...so much for recommending him to anyone else!  Cat Mad

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, Arlene.  I'll stick with Oregon since I have never been there.  I did go to Hawaii once, and the long flight was gross.  Yes, I have taken longer flights since then, but I am not thrilled about doing so any time soon.

Sorry your handyman isn't reliable.  I have had pretty good luck here in Arizona, but I remember that not always being the case in Maryland.