Honored Contributor

Shopoholic ODAT Thursday 2/11/2016

Good morning to all, hope you are having a good one today.

Not much going on here this morning, got my morning chores done, went out to get my hair done for the party tonight in the city. Have leftovers all set for hubby to warm up for his dinner tonight, since I've been retired he seems to have become helpless in feeding himself, lol.

Have a great day. Waves to all......

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopoholic ODAT Thursday 2/11/2016

@Snicks1

Thanks for getting us started snicks.  I'm so excited for you about the party tonight :-)  It's flippen cold here and will only get worse this weekend. 

I didn't order the TSV because I don't know how that style of shoe would work for a slender foot with a high arch.  If I had a different foot, I would have probably ordered the cork - cute shoe.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi ladies!  Snicks where is trucker girl now?  Or am I getting you mixed up with someone else?  We are a hard bunch to keep track of.  My DH is helpless in feeding himself as well as other things.  Yesterday I found some of his bathroom trash (just a paper) on the floor 2x and decided he must have thrown it there.  When he got home we "had a talk" and of course he just hadn't paid attention and hadn't put it on the floor.  Funny how I get these ideas - that the man I love and adore is out to get me and make my life more difficult.

DH's company is pretty awful to their employees.  I suspect we could be headed home any day, and a part of me is hoping that is the case. I am spending the day applying to jobs for both of us, and watching my marathon tv show. 

I got up for my heart group this morning and the monkey bread I had made did not rise.  It was awful, the pan too big so had to move the rack in the oven, then it burned.  Had just enough time to throw in some muffins so I didn't show up empty handed.  The muffins were tasty though.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

SNICK's, I hope that you have a fabulous time at the party tonight.  My DH is at about a 101 as far as the kitchen is concerned!  He is a good dishwasher though.

Bird Mama, it is flipping cold here too & I am making the most of it as summer will be here all too soon.  I just got back from mom's house.  The Bio clean did wonders on her SS sink, stove top & I didn't take much time with the oven as that is pretty good.

RC, Good luck with the job searching.  Good thing that the muffins turned out good.  Sometimes I make a flub too, but DH isn't fussy.  The only thing he refuses to eat is Mac & cheese.  (seafood except fish too).

Dinner is burgers in a mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes & veggie.  DH is still recovering from not eating a day or two before his procedure.  lol. 

We had a good lunch at the sports bar yesterday & the entertainment was good.  We saw them at moms last facility, but forgot who they were.  We will be seeing them tomorrow at a different retirement facility party tomorrow.

Lunchtime, hot tub, & a visit to see mom.  She was good yesterday & we played a different card game.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Twinny, so glad you had a good time with Mom.  Sorry it's flipping cold, wish I could blow some of this sunshine to you all - I would be happy to share it and even trade off for a day here and there!

I haven't figured out supper yet.

Honored Contributor

@birdmama, I'm kind of excited about this party tonight also, lol. Really looking forward to seeing old work friends, although I don't know that very many that were there when I was will be at the party. It'll be fun though. I've been to a few parties that he has had, in the past, they are always nice. Supposed to start snowing later tonight, but I should be home well before it starts. Have to admit I didn't even look at the TSV shoe.

@Rock_chick, trucker girl was delivering a load in Temple Tx yesterday, don't know where she was headed after that. She'll post something on FB when she stops for the night later on, it's the main reason I finally got on FB, so I can keep up with where and what my kids and grandkids are doing, lol. Good luck with the job search. Too bad the company your DH works is not nicer to their employees, I had worked at a few of those kind of places in my life and it is not pleasant, I know. Glad your muffins turned out good.

@twinny70, it's good that your DH is good at washing dishes, lol. Glad you enjoyed your lunch out yesterday and the entertainment. Hope your mom is doing well again today when you go see her.  Sounds like I should have ordered the Bio-Cleaner for myself, lol.

I'm just killing time till time to get dressed and leave, about another hour or so. I plan to be home by 9 or 10 at the latest, if not earlier. I'm not much of a night owl these days, especially since I've been up since 4am. I will probably read the thread tomorrow morning. Have a nice afternoon everyone.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Snicks my family lives in Temple - that is where I went to High School and had my older daughter!  Enjoy your party!

Esteemed Contributor

RC,  I forgot to say that it is a beautiful cold but sunny day.  It was actually hot in the hot tub today.  The good thing is that it kills the germs in the air.  The flu seems nonexistent & very few colds, so that is always a good thing.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies.....Have a nice time at your party tonight Snicks....hope you get back before the snow flies....safe travels.

Twinny nice to know that bio stuff works...maybe I will give  it a try..what else are you planning to,use it on?

Bernie I did,order the SV the other day when I received the email. Jean had ordered a pair and when she received them ordered another.  I orderd the blue ones...forget the name.  I saw on FB yesterday that Jean had an allergic reaction to something and her eyes were all swollen....haven't seen anything today...she had gone to the Dr's....I hope she is feeling better and will let  us know.

It has gotten very cold here too and windy.  Temps expected to be below zero over the weekend....today with wind chill it feels about 12.  I would glady exchange some of my weather with you Kathleen....  Sorry about the work situation at your Dh's job.....I hope that you will find something that you love.  I have never had/ made monkey bread,have seen recipes for it.        That's about all from here, have a nice day everyone....Marijane

Honored Contributor

@Genny1

I finally received my bio clean clay cleanser TSV yesterday.  I'm going to try mine on the tub, tile, sinks, you name it.  I will likely give a jar and sponge to my middle sister for her to try.  I don't really need three tubs of it, lol.  Form what I hear, a little goes a long way.

I just watched some of the presentation of the TSV.  I didn't know it was named Fiona, which happens to be the name of my youngest great niece (uh-oh).  The cork is not leather, it's real cork covered with patent so I wonder how well cork would hold up as compared to leather.

Hmmmmmmm

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise