Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday June 17th

[ Edited ]

Hello, is anyone out there? Man Tongue

Even though it's only a 4 day work week for me (had Monday off), let me say - I'm so glad it's Hump Day!!

Ever have those days when you know you are speaking English but can't seem to make yourself understood? 

I've been in communication with folks working on one of the same project as me and it's like I'm talking in tongues or something.

Jean - hope you are doing okay.

Waving hello to regulars and visitors.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wednesday June 17th

Hi girls!

Bird (I like that better than Bernie as I love birds, lol!), it looks like you're doing very well with the new board. I did change my settings to 50, but I'm still seeing only 10 posts per page, which is a nuisance. Cat Frustrated

It's another hot, hot, HOT day; there's a potluck at church tonight, and I hope someone thinks to go in early and turn the AC on, or else I'm leaving - I don't need to get sick again.  I have a chocolate salted caramel cake in the oven right now, and I'm also making a hot three bean salad. I was too lazy to make whipped cream to go on the cake, so I just bought a can of Reddi Whip.

Yesterday I had another glorious, dog-free, ME evening, which I enjoyed immensely. I went to Sam's for a slice of pizza and was able to browse around at leisure. From there I went to JCP to exchange my top, then looked around Ross. I specifically went in there to look for some body lotion (BBW doesn't do it for me any more - I don't care for the new fragrances and none of them have a noticeable smell anymore unless you get really close, including the soaps.) and found a tea tree oil lotion, which is very nice - it's minty and refreshing.  (I also have tea tree shampoo and conditioner from Trader Joe's, which I love.)  I got some more goldfish at Petsmart, then was able to get some frozen yogurt from Sweet Frog and eat it without anyone begging for some or having to buy several small cups.  I need to do this more often!  Cat Very Happy

Bird, I know the feeling.  You know what else I've noticed?  It used to be that if you had a disagreement with a friend, one or both of you would be miffed for a few days, but then you'd forget about it and go on as always.  These days if someone gets offended (and it could be something as simple as you don't like the same politician they do) that's it - the friendship is over.  I guess it's the "all about me" attitude that's so prevalent. Cat Sad

Hope you're doing well Jean; I've been praying for you.

Well, I'd better check on my cake; I also need to do a good vacuuming before I get started on the salad.

Have a blessed day, everyone! 

Respected Contributor

I had an email from LindaR - the board won't let her on.  Cat Sad

BTW, I saw the Sketchers that were $49 here and $36 on Amazon for $65 in JCP!

Valued Contributor

Bird, Thanks for starting the thread. Sorry the translation is getting lost today, So frustrating... Hope the week goes better from here.

Arlene, The only forum that more posts seem to work in is the Community Chat. I thought I'd fixed mine too, and that's the only place it's worked so far. Ten posts seems an awfully small page.

I'm not having much issue with the new set up per se, but the background or something has given me a bad headache every day so far. I've adjusted my computer setting to dim it a little, but I'm not happy with posting at dusk. That's what it feels like anyway. For now it will just mean spening a little less time here, until I can get used to it. I tried posting a photo ealier from my albums, but had no success. Cut and pasting a photo from the Internet worked fine. It's a learning curve for sure... pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I tried to start the thread before I went to my strong bones workout, but when I tried to submit, it kept telling me to log in.  After five tries, I gave up.  Not a good start for me.  I can definitely relate to some of your work experiences.  Hope the week goes a bit faster after today.  

Hi Arlene -- that cake sounds delicious.  I do hope they cool off the church before you get there.  Nice that you were able to get out alone again last night.  Hope your animals don't give you such a hard time again.  Speaking from personal experience -- replacing seatbelts is not cheap.

Hope that Jean is doing okay, and she can check in on FB or here soon.  Sorry you had some injection pain yesterday twinny, and I hope you are feeling better today.

No word about DH's DGD doctor visit or surgery.  I am hoping his DD calls today.  My DD said that my SIL's truck wasn't ready yet, but she hopes to pick it up this afternoon.  Army DGS is working very hard at his two week Reserve duty this summer -- leaves around 4:30 a.m. and doesn't get home until 7:00 p.m.  Yikes!  This is the last day of school for HS DGS, but DGD is doing her home schooling all summer so that she can graduate early.  College DGS is still in summer school.

The lunch program went well yesterday -- the refrigerator was working and DH had company at his table for lunch.  

It continues to be very hot here, but our AC is working well.  I will go to Curves later and maybe go by the thrift store to drop off some donations (tools).  But, that may wait for tomorrow.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, twinny, snicks, Marijane, Gayle, LindaR, Rosa, pinky ann, Charlene, Susan, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it is good that you have a short week at work.

FHG, Hopefully you have a cool church tonight.  Your cake sounds wonderful.

LL, I had lunch today with some friends that I used to work.  One just got back from Chandler, AZ.  She said that she & her mom had a nice time.

My arm is still pretty sore but manageable.  While I was out for lunch, my Dr. called & left a message for me to call her.  She said that part of my ultrasound yesterday was normal, but one part is questionable, so I have an appointment next Monday morning with a gynecologist for further testing.  My mammogram results came back today fine.

Then DH & I had to go to the bank this morning as I thought that our checking account was in jeopardy as I gave the number to a guy that I thought was from Directv yesterday.  They canceled the account & set us up with some new checks, more on the way etc.  I had to call 5 different places to change the checking account number as they come out of our checking account each month.    It took me all morning, but at least the old account was closed immediately.  

Hugs to all of you for now

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama  are you getting our great weather?   It has been sunny & 70's for 2 days.  We are expecting a little rain tomorrow but still 70's.  I was on the phone all morning &  I swear most of them can't speak English.  One gal I told TO put somebody else on & she was quite pleasant to me.

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

Bird Mama  are you getting our great weather?   It has been sunny & 70's for 2 days.  We are expecting a little rain tomorrow but still 70's.  I was on the phone all morning &  I swear most of them can't speak English.  One gal I told TO put somebody else on & she was quite pleasant to me.

Spoiler

Twinny, it cooled off a little and has been overcast all day.  I think we are getting rain later this evening.

The funny thing about my communication issue this morning is that english is the first language for everyone that was in that conversation.

I don't know if people just don't want to be accountable or what.  Like if they act stupid and act like they don't understand you, it absolves them from the work they need to do for the project.

Esteemed Contributor

Just saw this on Jean's Facebook page --

I am doing well. Enjoying the medical spa vacation. The attention you get at the CAMC cardiac center is outstanding.

-----------------

So happy Jean is doing well!  

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte wrote:

Just saw this on Jean's Facebook page --

I am doing well. Enjoying the medical spa vacation. The attention you get at the CAMC cardiac center is outstanding.

-----------------

So happy Jean is doing well!  

Thank God!  Linda thank you for the update.