Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time, Wednesday, February 1st

Good Morning Ladies!  It is nice and sunny again, and we are expecting temperatures to make it into the 70's again today.  Now is a good time to be in southern Arizona.   

It was cool again this morning, so I walked indoors.  But, I'll be headed outdoors for a walk soon.  I overdid it again yesterday, and I plan to reduce my steps this month.  I will try to get back into some other sorts of indoor exercises (like stretching and strength building), in addition to walking and going to the gym.  At least that is the plan.

DH was okay yesterday when I visited, but he is just not able to walk much at all.  And, getting in and out of chairs is an issue.  The hospice nurse was there for another patient, and I asked if the increased use of the anti-anxiety medicine might be part of the cause.  She said it could be, but it could just be part of the disease.  Not easy to accept, but I have no choice.  

I saw a thread about the HSN TSV last night, and I considered the purchase.  But, then I remembered that the material used in that brand in the past was not to my liking.  Happy that I didn't rush to purchase.   I'm so sorry that you got such a yucky "as is" item, Jean.  I think Charlene had a problem with an "as is" jewelry item.  Doesn't inspire me with confidence to purchase such an item.

Today is a "free day" for me -- no classes, meetings, or volunteer work.  I'm not complaining since I can always find things to do.  And, I can visit DH both at lunch and dinner time.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Thanks for all of your good wishes, thoughts, and prayers for DH and me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time, Wednesday, February 1st

@LindaLatte

I may not mention it on a daily basis however there is not a day that I don't pray for you and your beloved.  I'm so sorry that the disease is affecting his mobility so severely.  I can't imagine how difficult it is for you to witness the decline. 

@KonaKat

Jean, those As Is pants sound nasty.  I have purchased one or two pieces of As Is sterling silver in the past that turned out to be winners.  I've always been afraid to try clothing and thanks to your experience, I'll stick with NEW, lol.

The sun is shining today.  It's been visible for several hours now and yea, I'm excited about it.  It's been so many weeks since the clouds parted and the sun made an appearance. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Image result for welcome february images

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it is no fun dealing with mobility issues.  Mom had her chair set up to go off if she tried to get up, her bed set up the same way, a mat down by her bed which she continually kicked under her bed & a baby monitor in her room.  She still fell many times.  She was very quick even at 95.  Prayers that things go smoother.

meallen, I am looking forward to a sunny February.  January is usually sunny, but we haven't seen a nice sunny day for a month.

Bird Mama, it has been sunny all morning & should be sunny for 3 more days.  YIPPIE.  I am even enjoying the colder temps.

Jean, too bad about your as is purchase.  It sounded like a waste basket purchase that shouldn't have even been shipped out.

I took a long nap yesterday.  Cloudy weather makes me sleepy.  Nothing exciting going on around here.  I just went to Shopko for the senior citizen day sale.  I had a $2.00 coupon off of Coricidin HBP & it was on sale & I got another 15% off. I don't need it now, but  that stuff does wonders for me.

Still deciding what to make for dinner.  Decisions, decisions.  

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Hello ladies! Twinny, I've never heard of Shopko. Beloved had been teasing me quite a bit because I get the names mixed up here. Instead of Sportco I say Shopco, Winn Dixie instead of Winco, Hop Jacks is Hop Daddy's. I posted once describing Ikea to be like Home Goods then happened upon a store called Home Goods in Houston.

Jean, I've had good results with as is but I think I've ordered clothing. I wore a an old Motto top yesterday and still love it like it was new, probably from 2010. Most of what I ordered is gone, was impulsive, but I still have a few pieces that are still around.

Linda, I hope you enjoy your free day! I only slept 5 hours and plan on taking a nap next. It was 25 this morning (brrrrrrr) but the sun is out and beautiful. I don't miss 70s, YET. Still hoping to see more snow.

Meallen, beautiful graphic. Reminds me of my Grandpa who loved Snoopy.

DD had her Jeep stolen last night. I feel so bad for her. Insurance will take care of her, but there is no replacing him if he doesn't turn up. I guess we are a bit heart broken.

Other than that, no excitement here.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rock Chick, Shopko is similar to K-Mart which left our hometown a long time ago.  How does your DH like his new job?  I like Home Goods which is an hour away in the Capitol city.  Are you trying to sell the home in Texas?  I think that you are in the Seattle area. Right?  DH & I have never been to OR  & WA.  They are on our TO DO list.  I slept poorly last night & am amazed that I didn't take a nap today.  I would like more snow too.  The rain I hate.  It sounds like things are starting to feel like home to you.  How awful for DD to get her jeep stolen.

Respected Contributor

I only went to Home Goods once when I was in Houston. It reminded me of Ross. DH is doing great at his job and we are both happy. Everything is very beautiful here. I think it reminds me of upstate NY where all my family is from. Lots of good memories without the cold weather. I'm not sure I will see any more snow here. We are 20 miles SE of the Seattle airport. I'm not sure if we will buy a house here or not. Or house in Texas is supposed to close. I'm not sure what we are waiting on now. Last week it was a water sample, and that all got done. We signed more papers to extend closing to Monday.