Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tuesday, July 19th

Good Evening!  Sorry I'm late in posting, but it was another busy day.  Sometimes I "overthink"/overanalyze things.  The love you have for your DH is obvious, and I would not worry too much about forgetting about your wedding date until the actual day.

I hope you find a good strength-building exercise that works for you.  I certainly find that walking and using the treadmill comes a lot more naturally to me than the strength-building work.  But, I'm pretty determined to do strength-building.  It is easier for someone like me who is retired, and can use a fitness facility less than two miles away.  Sometimes I get pretty upset at myself since I cannot use heavy weights or even medium weights, but.....

I remember when you were using the recumbent bike at the senior center(?), Jean.  But, the hours did not fit your schedule.  I have not gotten into using those bikes, but maybe someday.  DH was using a similar machine for a while, but he can no longer do so.  Hope your chair works out.  I am curious about it -- love that there is no assembly.  Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

Glad you started on your carpet shampooing, snicks.  Hope you enjoy the steaks or whatever you found at the meat department with "trucker" daughter.  It has been a long time since i had steak, but I think I may have one later this summer. 

Hope your infusion goes well tomorrow, Barbara.  I think I donated my Richard Simmon's DVD's, but I still have a bunch of Leslie Sansone walking DVD's.  I use them sometimes.

Glad you were able to return the defective pool, Arlene, and I hope you like the new one.  I did hear those rumors about Richard Simmons, but then I heard that he is okay.  I think they said he was suffering from exhaustion or something.  I met him once, and he was a super nice guy.  Very motivational.

Welcome back, twinny.  Your trip sounds great. Perhaps your DH will be open to future bus trips.  I know some people don't enjoy them, but I'm all for someone else doing the driving so I can relax and look out the window.  Sorry about your classmate.  Glad her DD was there, and could call for help right away. Also glad you are back to eating dairy again, and take it easy with all the laundry, etc.

Waves to Kathleen, Charlene, Marijane, Susan, Essie, Gayle, meallan, pinky ann, Rosa, LindaR, and all of our posters and readers.

My volunteer job went fine today, and the gym was okay.  I'm really sweating a lot lately.  I read that sweat can be an indication that you are more fit.  So, I'm trying to think this is a good thing.  LOL  DH did okay at the "club" today.  He slept slightly better last night, but according to my Fitbit, I got less than six hours of sleep, got up three times (with him), and was restless a lot.  Oh well.

DH's DD arrives tomorrow afternoon, and I'll pick DH up early and take him to the airport with me.  It will be a very short visit, but I hope it helps her understand what is happening and feel comfortable with DH's placement in the memory care facility.  

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Occasional Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tuesday, July 19th

Thats my friends birthday date too and we were like a serious shopaholics on 19th July!!Man Very Happy