Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tuesday, January 24th

Good Afternoon, Ladies!  It is sunny, but cool here in southern Arizona.  The highs for the next few days are supposed to be in the low 50's, and it will be below freezing at night.  At least it is sunny.  I see some of the East Coast my have severe storms, and of course other areas have had flooding, etc. with loss of life.  I am grateful that has not happened here.

My volunteer job at the senior lunch program went fine, but I have to admit the "negative Nelly's and Ned's" can get on my nerves sometimes.  Complaints about the food, etc.  Oh well.... I am really working on remaining cheerful and kind.  Smile on....

Not sure if I mentioned it, but the hospice nurse visited DH yesterday.  She was told that he had a fall over the weekend with no injury.  I had asked if he had a fall on Saturday, since his wheelchair and walker were in different places than usual and he had a small bruise near his eye.  But, the caregiver told me there were no reports of a fall.  Fortunately, the nurse said DH was okay, except for slightly elevated BP.  The caregiver told her the same thing about him not falling, so I don't understand what caused the mix-up.

Today's Q programming is not calling out to me since I already have plenty of jewelry.  Also, the prices/gram weight, etc. are not nearly as good as years ago when I purchased most of my jewelry.  It is easier to resist when you aren't being tempted.  

I'm off to the gym, and then I'll visit DH.  Nothing else of note.

Hope everyone is having a good day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tuesday, January 24th

On the east coast,Image result for rainy day animated images

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. People will always find a reason to complain, and the source of the complaint might be perfectly satisfactory to others. You just don't have to let your day and mood be ruined by them. I am sorry  that there is a miscommunication of some type regarding DH's falling or not falling. I would think any bruise would need to be explained.

meallen--Another great graphic.

I worked today and just got home. It has been a miserable day in terms of the pouring rain, andd dropping termperatures. I go to the city tomorrow for a hair cut and color.

I am watching part of the jewelry shows right now. Yes, I could be easily tempterd by a ring I am looking at now but I am talking myself out of it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it is too bad that you had negative people to deal with today.  Sorry about whether your DH fell or didn't fall.  It is cloudy & 40's today.

Jean, I am hoping to get my haircut tomorrow.  We are under a storm advisory starting at 6:00 tonight & ending at 6:00 tomorrow night.  Maybe rain, sleet or snow.  I hope that it is all snow.

I am dealing with fatigue today, so I took a nice nap.  Infusion is scheduled for Thursday morning.  Supper is ribs in the crock pot.

I ordered the black/diamond ring that Amy Stran wears & I am giving my DD & my DGD my diamond/Ruby rings as soon as my jeweler has them all cleaned.  My niece gets my mom's wedding ring & it is being cleaned too.

I am still on cloud nine about Christopher getting his driver's license yesterday.  I down & 2 to go.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to congratulate your DGS, twinny. That is great news.  Only one of my four grands has a licence.  The second guy has his learners permit, but needs to wait until August to take the test.  He may be deployed by then, so it could be longer.  The current word is that he will be deployed to Kuwait in June.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--How thoughtful of you to share/give some of your jewelry and your mother's to family members. I am also considering doing the same thing. Do enjoy your black diamond ring. I haven't seen the ring that Amy wears but if you ordered it, I am sure that it is a beauty.  

I was reading some of the thread titles and one of me think of the various fashion lines I have ordered throughout the years from QVC. The very first item was a Fashion Formulas navy suit with red accents. I loved that suit. I still have a jacket by Koos of Course.  I also bought Indigo Moon. There were some really great fashions offered at one time. Now, they frequently look like clones with elevated prices.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

@LindaLatte wrote:

I forgot to congratulate your DGS, twinny. That is great news.  Only one of my four grands has a licence.  The second guy has his learners permit, but needs to wait until August to take the test.  He may be deployed by then, so it could be longer.  The current word is that he will be deployed to Kuwait in June.

Linda, he has lots of friends that are already driving.  It will help our DD as he can take his sibs to school as they are all 3 in different schools again this year & close to the high school.  I will keep your Kuwait bound DGS in my thoughts & prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, it is a ring that Amy has worn for 4 years.  It is Diamonique.  It is platinum clad as I can't wear gold rings.  Inexpensive, but it just looks nice to me.  I am through wearing my expensive rings.  Most sizes are on wait list so I jumped ship this morning.  It should get here Feb 1.  I think that it is on a slow boat from China.  I haven't shopped the Q as long as you have, but I remember Koo's of Course & Indigo Moon.  I just did Denim &  Co., Sport Savvy & SG as I was not working.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I hope the "slow boat from China" brings you a ring that will bring you much pleasure. I'm currently wearing a ring that I purchased a few years ago that is diamonique with "sapphire" stones. I love that ring an would have liked it with "ruby" stones also but it was phased out. I remember buying it when Lisa Mason presented it. I miss the Tacori line of Diamonique as well as the Joseph Esposito line.