Respected Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time Thursday

Good afternoon ladies. Trying my hand at starting us off. LindaL. Glad your dryer fix was easy.

I don't have any shopping on my radar. I need to purge some clothes. And Christmas just isn't calling my name. The snippets I have seen don't entice me. Simply reruns.

Jean: hoping you get a good report.
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time Thursday

Good morning Linda!  And all who follow.  I am just taking a break from filling out an application.  Lots of hard questions - I've been at it an hour now.  When I get through I think they will have a good sense of who I am. It's a landscaping Co, a drive but more pay and might be the perfect fit.  Who knows.  DH back not doing so good in his new position.  Some days worse than others, not sure how long he can hold out.

Yesterday I cut up all the heatlhy food in the house - lots to cut and chop.  To reward myself I bought a few more plants, an indoor plant and a couple herbs.  So soon  must plant it all.  Today going to my old job to chat with HR for a moment then need to run a couple errands, pick up new contacts, etc.

I have not kept up with the thread or emails - my apologies.

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all are well today.

Thanks for starting us off kittyfan.

Jean Iam also hoping you get a good report. I have no shopping in my plans either...that may end with Louis' next show (Linea) though, I do keep reminding myself that I don't need anything but sometimes I let my love of this line take over my common sense, haha, doing much better about that lately though. Christmas items are not on my radar for now. I do enjoy the decor and decorating, but I have so much, each year I am doing less decorating, and donate some items each year, so no need to bring more in.

RC, good luck with your job search, I'm sure something will pan out for you. Hope your DH can also find something more suited to his needs. How is your hand/finger doing? All better I hope.

I put a large chicken in the crockpot early this morning for dinner tonight (enough so I won't need to cook much for at least 2-3 days). I will probably freeze quite a bit due to not enjoying eating the same thing more than once after the initial time. Just home from having a late breakfast with my daughter, she leaves again in the morning, never know for sure when she will be home again, we enjoyed our morning together. I need to drag out my carpet shampoo-er now and hit a couple spots my little dog made for me, lol, she's pretty good about going out, but sometimes gets up in the night and doesn't wake anybody up to take her out, I leave a "paper" for her, sometimes she misses, ugh.

Waving to all who follow. Have a nice afternoon.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Hello all - I received my Mia2 yesterday and have it plugged in, charging in the master bathroom. It had some charge in it when it arrived, but I thought it best to follow the directions and charge it fully before using it.

Other than that, not much going on here.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started LindaR.  I don't need to do any more clothes/shoes shopping, but I'm sure I will crumble sometime.  The TSV might be nice, but at least I don't have any problems resisting a cardigan -- just too warm to think about this time of the year.  I noticed that they have boots out at Beall's, and that is another item that just isn't calling my name.  Not much use for boots in southern Arizona. particularly in the summer.

I did purchase the Valerie TSV, despite not liking the idea of purchasing any new Christmas decorations.  And, I have to tell you, it is beautiful.  Hopefully, having this will help me donate some of my old decorations.  The base, dome, and mirror are usable year-round, so I plan to buy a few little seasonal items at the dollar store to fill it.  I know, I know, probably not a good idea to purchase anything since it only encourages the Christmas programming, but.....

Hi Kathleen -- hope you can find a job you will enjoy, and your DH finds one as well.  It is a shame that he isn't that happy with his job.  At least you are back in your country home. 

Glad you had some time with your DD, snicks.  I don't miss having to clean up after doggy accidents, but I guess that they are just part of dog ownership.  I really like Linea items as well, and it takes a lot to resist new things.  Fingers crossed that I am able to do so the next time he is on.

Hope you really like your Mia when you use it, Bernie.  I do enjoy my Mia 1 a lot.

DH and I had a nice walk this morning (it was fairly cool, which was nice), and my strong bones workout went fine.  I'll be going to Curves this afternoon, and I'm thinking about going to the grocery store to pick up some produce on sale, but I'm not sure about that -- decisions, decisions.

Waves to Jean (fingers crossed all is well), Arlene, twinny, pinky ann, Rosa, Susan, Marijane, Barbara, Karen, Charlene, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda R, I have no shopping on my radar either.  

RC,  I hope that you & your DH can find jobs that you really enjoy.  Our DS does all of the cooking from scratch & grows all of his herbs on their window ledges.

Snicks, how nice that you could eat breakfast out with your DD.

Yesterday I spent most of the day cleaning out my cupboards & drawers in the kitchen.  This morning I used a good wood cleaner & did all of them on the outsides.  I have a lot of cupboards & drawers but the good thing is that I downsized my kitchen 3 years ago so they are not overflowing with junk.  I wanted to do our dining room table & 6 chairs, but right now I am too tired & heading to the hot tub to rejuvenate my body.

I am making the most of these 70's.  It is supposed to be in the mid to upper 80's by Saturday & most of next week.  Look our Bird Mama, here it comes!

My mom has another eye appt. tomorrow morning so I am hoping for some good news.  I am hoping that her eyesight is good enough for her to get a lens change so that she can read the paper or a good book again.  It has been a long 10 months for all of us.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  It's another hot, sunny day...when it cools off a bit later this evening I have to do some yard work, but that's about it - no plans to go anywhere except maybe to Walmart to pick up some pool shock and I discovered I'm out of cake flour. Oh, and batteries for my camera so I can take pictures and list some things for sale. My pool guy - who's going to do my pool at no charge since I've had some heavy financial hits lately and he doesn't want me to not be able to afford to send packages to troops - said he'll get here when he can, but he's been blessed with lots of work, which is a blessing for him, since his wife is expecting a baby any day.  Meanwhile, I have to put shock in the water to kill the mosquitoes....and I don't want to think about how many tadpoles might be in there - I saw some in the dogs' pool earlier, and I just refilled it the other day.  (Not that they use their pool - the silly dogs take "dips" in the fish pond, despite the fact that it's entirely covered with pond plants...and is right next to their pool.)  

Anyway, speaking of troops, I got a nice thank you note from one of my chaplains yesterday. Cat Happy I guess I shouldn't complain about the heat too much - he said it was 113° there, and the guys really appreciated the freezer pops I sent (along with other things).

So, the church pot luck last night was amazing - they really outdid themselves!  Yep...in all honestly I have to say....it was the WORST potluck I'd ever been to!  Cat Frustrated  I arrived a little late with my cake and cupcakes, and asked where I should put them, since I didn't see a table loaded with food anywhere; I was told to just put it "with the rest of the food" in the kitchen.  So, went to the kitchen, and couldn't believe what I saw.  There were about 40 people in attendance (seemed like a few people had invited friends), and the menu - such as it was - consisted of collard greens, corn muffins, the same boxed mac & cheese (obviously just one box, BTW), some sad-looking macaroni salad, chips & salsa, potato chips, and a watermelon.  Oh, and the pastor's wife made her peach cobbler again, which I find unimpressive and not very good.  I had some of my cake and a piece of watermelon, then after the services I went out for pizza.  Cat Frustrated I had been thinking of inviting a friend along, but I'm glad I didn't - I'd have been embarrassed!  And obviously, those who did invite friends didn't give any thought to bringing anything to eat...I guess they thought they'd just mooch. Cat Mad 

LindaL, I haven't seen winter clothing out yet, but the school supplies are already being offered.  They sure rush the seasons, don't they? Cat Sad I have at least half a dozen pair of boots I've never worn (What was I thinking?)  - some of them are going to be put up for sale. I have absolutely no need of any kind of clothing whatsoever.

Bernie, are  your other birds caged?  Didn't you say they're sparrows?

Nothing much else going on here; hi to everyone - hope you all have a blessed day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Twinny - send the hot weather to OHIO (lol).  

My senior leadership is seriously pushing diversity and inclusion events down employees throats.  I don't mind volunteering - it's just that they are dictating the type of volunteering and location for volunteering.

Since this is being tracked corporately, we get emails about it all of the time.  I've done one mandatory training, one voluntary training and am about to knock out the 'in the community' thing next week at a youth event on Belle Isle.

My luck it will be hotter than a match head and humid.  I'm trying to figure out what to carry , since there will be no place to store a backpack or anything.  They are encouraging carrying and wearing a cross body.  I thought about taking the shuttle but am wondering if maybe driving to the island would be best because at least I could store a sweater or umbrella in my trunk.

Ugh...

Arlene, my sparrows have 30 inch flight cages that remain open.  They eat and drink and bathe in them.  They fly upstairs primarily between two rooms that I converted into aviaries for them.  I have newspaper on the floor to catch any oopsies.

I'd figure I'd put that out there since the most popular question I get is about shtoopie.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

LL,  that Valerie TSV looked lovely.  I always like things that I can have out on display for more than one season.  I am sure that your walks are nicer when it is a bit cooler in the mornings.  

Bird Mama, I hope that you enjoy your Mia 2.  My skin is quite nice for my age so I don't know if it would benefit me or not.  I'll be waiting to see how you like it.

Last week I bought my mucn needed & loved clotheline & starting today it is on sale for $15.00 less.   The Farm & Fleet people are very nice to deal with so I may go back in tomorrow with my receipt to see if they will refund the difference.  I did 2 loads this morning in between my cupboard cleaning & watching TPIR.  I took them all down & hung out a load of laundry before I got  in the hot tub.  It is still mid 70's, sunny & breezy.

Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies!

It's grey and looks like rain at any time, after a sunny start this morning. After my walk and breakfast, I decided to get going on DH's area downstairs. He has stopped smoking for 2 and 1/2 weeks so far, and it was nice to be down there without that irritaion, and the smell of smoke.

It took a couple of hours, but the results were so worth it. I did deep clean what I could, and worked around what he didn't want moved, or I just couldn't move. I still have to do the kitchen down there, in a few weeks maybe? It's a smaller area, than the main space I worked on today, so that's a bonus.

LindaR, Thanks for starting the thread. I'm sure your furkids are happy that the fireworks are over with.

Bird, Good luck with your Mia! I saw Grayson's picture and he's adorable!! Looks like he's be so lovable...

Twinny, Good luck to your mom with her appointment. I have a few kitchen shelves to clean where I removed shelf paper that had been there awhile. It's not a hard job, but requires patience.

snicks, I wish I'd thought about using the crockpot today. DH mentioned pizza, so I think I'll just call and pick that up as I don't want to fuss.

LindaL, I'm glad you like the cloche you bought for Christmas. The programming is very popular for CIJ, and i think it's here to stay. Hope you find a great place to display it.

Kathleen, Sorry DH's back is hurting again. It makes work alot tougher than usual that's for sure. I hope DD is happy with the move to Colorado. Since I'm not on FaceBook, i had no idea she was going...

I bought a coat rack at "work" the other day. I've wanted one for a long time, and this is the perfect size for the spot it needs to fit. I have to touch up the base a little where there are a few nicks, but have the paint to do so, and it's an easy project that's right up my alley.

It's been hard not to buy holiday things there, as I'm the one setting them up, and get to see everything first and up close! LOL Only two small purchases so far. A small wooden tea pot that looks hand painted, and holds a small candle when the top is removed. The other is a small wooden painted plate, maybe 6 inches in diameter, with the neatest snowman saying,"Smiley Frustratednow will fall". Love them both for their looks, easy to store, and very versatile.I hope my resolve doesn't crack not to buy much. I can't do as much decorating as I used to, and with kitties, I have to be careful what goes where. It's time to get ready to pick up that pizza, so I hope everyone has a good evening! pinky