Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thursday, August 25, 2016

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Not much exciting going on here.  I received a notice (ID monitoring) that my e-mail had been compromised, and I needed to re-set my password.  I can't tell you how often I have needed to re-set my password lately, but it is a lot.  This was due to MySpace, and I have not gone to that site for many, many years.  Oh well, I just need to make sure that I keep track of my current passwords.  There must be a better way.

I had a nice walk this morning, and I plan to go to the gym later.  I also plan to go to the thrift shop and maybe a consignment store to look for furniture.  DH's room could still use some more pieces (including a small table that we are "borrowing" from the facility), and I'm still looking for the "desk of my dreams".  Not sure when I'll fit in a visit to DH -- maybe before or after the gym.

Waves to Jean (hope work goes okay), Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks Barbara,, Essie. Marijane, 3suw5 (I know that isn't correct, but....) meallen, Charlene, Rosa, Gayle, Karen, butterfly, pinky ann, LindaR, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs.

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thursday, August 25, 2016

Hi friends, thanks for getting us started today LindaL.  Read up on yesterday's thread.  Sounds like lots of cleaning, errands, dr. appt.'s and what-not got accomplished.  When I read what you all get done, you inspire me to do more.

Well, last night our goat Dottie started having seizures and she passed away.  She was 15 years old and lived a good long life with us.  Our DS drove out and helped my DH dig a grave for her.  Even though she died of old age, it was still difficult to go through.  I love our animals and cry at every loss.  ~  Sigh ~  

This morning I did some watering and actually pulled some weeds.  I might continue some sewing which I started yesterday - I'm doing some crazy quilt style squares out of fabric scraps.  While I'm sewing I listen to a Dave Ramsey podcast.  Nice to keep me occupied I guess.  I don't feel like doing much else.

Waves to all our regulars and visitors alike!!!  ~  Charlene

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, so sorry about Dottie ,even though she lived a long happy life with you it is still so heartbreaking to lose a pet.  HUgs to you Charlene.

LindaL I hope you do find your dream desk soon and a table for DH room.  

I was out to the store early and picked up,some salmon for dinner and also did a load of wash...now I will be heading outside to float.....I think my days are being numbered as far as that goes,although we do keep the pool opened thru September.

Have a nice day everyone....Marijane

Honored Contributor

@cerb

Oh Charlene, I am so very sorry to read that Dottie passed away. 

You have experienced such sorrow this year with your little goats.  I know this hurts your family and I'm sure the other goats feel it too.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello all to who came before me today and who will be coming by after me.

Busy, busy at work these days.  I find myself getting caught up it what I am doing and whammo it's time to leave for the day.  Works for me, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Very sorry to hear about Dottie, Charlene.  I know she had a long and happy life, but losing her has to be difficult.

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies...so, very sorry to read about Dottie.  Sending hugs your way, Charlene.  Our pets are family and no matter how wonderful a life they have, it hurts to lose them.

Bernie...belated Happy Birthday!!!!  I've been busy at work, too and it sure does make the day fly!!

LindaL...happy to read DH is doing so well!!! 

Jean...hope it's a good day subbing!!!  I admire you as that can't be easy, and I'm sure some try to take advantage and push the limit.

I'm just back from a few days in Cape May, NJ.  The beach was beautiful, but boy was it hot.  It usually is much cooler there, but not this year.  I'm not a fan of summer, so I was ok with heading home this year.  Like Bernie, it's busy here at work, not sure why, but...Hope you all have a great day!!!!

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @LindaLatte, for the start, hope you find your dream desk.  I use AAAAA as the first name in my address book, supposed to keep out the bad things, seems to work for me.

@cerb So sorry to hear about Dottie, it's so hard when we lose one of our "kids" never gets easier, they're all special

@Genny1, salmon sounds good, do you grill it?

@Bird mama, busy at work is good, does make the time fly, sounds like you're really enjoying this new endeavor

Heading to the airport, I know it's not Tuesday, but we have a meeting with the vendors & airport personnel to exchange ideas.

Did meet our mayor on Tuesday, he was holding a press conference on wait times at security checkpoints, which btw is like nothing these days, so I don't understand the issue, unless that's what he's saying, I didn't watch it on tv so I'm not sure.  His security was tops, big guys with big guns, kinda scary

Hoping all here & all to come have a wonderful evening

Essie

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, enjoy the gym & your walk.  Good luck with finding your dream desk.  I have had trouble getting to the forums, as some scre*y message comes on my tablet.

CERB, Hugs to you & your family in going through the loss of Dottie.  I want to start sewing when we get back home from vacation.  I don't like sewing when it is hot.

Spix, Wow!  Big guys & big guns is great for security.  Have a good day.

Marijane. Float your boat as long as you can.  We enjoy salmon too.  How do you fix it?

Karen, It sounds like you had a fun getaway.  I am not a fan of hot weather either, so I hope for nice weather when we are on the East coast.

Bird Mama, sounds like you are making the most of your job.  

It has been hectic since yesterday morning.  DH didn't put the drip tray into the dehumidifier correctly on Wednesday night, so we had some wet carpeting yesterday morning.  Getting it dried out & will hopefully get it done by tomorrow.

I had a nice lunch out with the girls yesterday & then DH & I had supper out with friends at our bank for customer appreciation day.

I decluttered my sewing room on the main floor & basement hallway since we had to move things around yesterday.  i am one that never misses what gets donated & I did inherit a few things from mom's estate.  Now I need to clean real good before next Wednesday.

We have friends coming tomorrow as our ethanol gas station has E85 tomorrow morning for 85¢ a gallon from 11:30-1:30 & up to 20 gallons. They have a flex fuel car, but we don't.  Then it is over to Italian restaurant for lunch as we all have a $10 off coupon.

The hot tub was great today as my "buns" are sore from window washing this week.

Trusted Contributor

Essie I usually grill or put in the oven the salmon after I marinate it for a few hours.   I can imagine the security at the airports us a nightmare.  A few weeks ago during the Olympics there was a scare in JFK..the tv's were turned on to the games a a team won so there was a lot of clapping,noise etc. in the terminal.some though it was a gun shot  the place panicked ,people running,screaming out of the terminal ,swat. Teams comes in orders all get down on ground .turns out it was just the tv's and cheering ..the one thing they did learn however  was they are not prepared for something real to happen..  I can just imagine the fright of all the people there..