Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, January 23rd

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon!  I'm just back from an "out to lunch" trip  to the Olive Garden.  The senior lunch program has these lunches and other outings a couple of times a month.  I thought a friend of mine was planning to come, but she did not show.  I ended up bringing a whole lot of pasta home.  Guess I should have stuck with my usual soup, salad, and breadsticks.

It is supposed to reach the low 60's today, but it is very windy.  At leas the sun is shining for now.  We are expecting rain tonight, and cooler temperatures for the rest of the week.  DD said they are having nasty weather in Maryland -- windy, cold, and rainy.  Today, two of my grands went back to college (community college).  The youngest DGS comes home from "January term" tomorrow, and I think he goes back next week. Always busy there.

I'll be leaving to visit DH soon.  

What is everyone up to today?  Please post if you have time, and have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, January 23rd

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I haven't been to an Olive Garden for several months. I don't eat that much for lunch so soup and salad is my usual choice when I do eat there. Enjoy your visit with DH.

I subbed today in an elementary school. The temperature has dropped about 20 degrees today; the rain has been pouring with some streams going out of their banks.

m

I did turn on the Q when I got home to see something called Fiona Stiles Mistake Free Makeup but I don't see a purchase of it in my future As much as I like PTR, I will not be purchasing the TSV.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Linda, thank you fornstarting us.  Glad you had a good time with lunch sorry your friend did not show.  At least you will have lunch for tomorrow.  Having the same weather as your DD, it has rained all day.  I won't complain, we are not having mud slides or tornados. 

Not much going on here today, go an email that the Veterans will be picking up on my street tomorrow so I have to get my bags ready tonight.   I get my hair cut and colored tomorrow, I can not wait.

Off to start supper, have a good evening everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Jean, we were posting at the same time.  I saw you were working today, do you go near the streams that are over flowing?  If so, be careful.  Our creeks and streams are starting to start over flow, but they are far enough from the road that we aren't too worried.

Have a good evening.

Trusted Contributor

Hi ladies Smiley Happy  Linda - your lunch at the Olive Garden sounds nice.  Enjoy the leftovers!  Jean - hope your subbing job went alright.  Palady1 - good for you for the decluttering and making donations.

We've had a lot of rain so far this year.  I'm still really enjoying it, though I think the goats get tired of being cooped up in their sheds.  It's nice to feel that we're having a winter!  Not too much going on around here today, other than my usual chores.

Hope you all have a great day and shop wisely!  ~  Charlene

Honored Contributor

Image result for rainy day animated images

Esteemed Contributor

The BIG NEWS here is that Christopher got his driver's license today.  He turned 16 years old 3 days ago.  DD said that she & her DH probably won't be as excited after adding him to their car insurance.  I know that when our DC got their drivers license, there was a $90 discount for being on the honor roll.  Maybe insurance companies still give a discount.

DH & I went 20 miles from home to get something for the hot tub.  Gas was $2.16 so we filled up.  It is $2.29 here.  Had lunch  & looked at several stores, but bought nothing.

Time to fix supper.  I will read your posts later.

We had 1/2 hour of sunshine yesterday.  I did get to walk.  Cloudy & 40's today.  

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Congrats to Christopher on getting his license.  I remember when I got mine, all those years ago, lol.

Work was intense today.  Got an assignment that was somewhat behind already and political on top of it.  A proposal for a group who is owned by a friend of the CEO of my company.

Sure, they'd like me to sprinkle some hoofer or pixie dust on it and say, yeah we can do it.  Sadly, I need to almost build the benefit package (system wise) before I can say, yea, sell it, we can do it.  

I suspect that tomorrow will be intense too.  Still need to make sure we can match 2 other plans and some RX, dental and vision benefits.

Mortgage, mortgage, mortgage,  he he he.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

HEllo Ladies....congrats to your DGS Twinny..now the fun starts!  I noticed our gas the other day up to 2.49,it has been creeping up every day.

WE are in the mist of a nor'easter but rain instead of the dreaded snow..it's  very windy too and the lights keep flickering...they say we should get around 3 inches....we have had rain every day for over a week now...but it is helping our drought.  FUnny but same exact day last year we also had a nor'easter ..but snow...and had 27 inches of snow dumped on us.

Sorry that your friend did not show up LindaL....we don't have an Olive Garden near us here and I have never eaten in one.

Charlene hope your goats get out from their shed and get a chance to run around.

Jean I have never heard of that make up.

Not much else happening around here....have a nice evening everyone.....stay safe from the weather.      Marijane