Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday., Jan 18th)

Good Morning, Ladies!  It is sunny here, and it may reach 70 degrees.  My kind of January weather.  Hope those who want to have snow and cold weather have it, and those who do not care for it escape both.  DD told me that they are expecting extremely cold weather and maybe snow this weekend and early next week.  Like me, she is not a fan of either one.

My plan for the day is to try for a hospice visit in the morning and go grocery shopping in the afternoon.  I am sort of patting myself on the back since I completed the beginners courses in Italian on Babbel last night.  I'm not good at learning foreign languages, so this is an accomplishment.  On to intermediate.  

I have seen a couple of items here that are calling my name, but so far I am resisting.  I went through the cabinets this morning and found a few more things to donate -- mostly wine glasses.  I could probably eliminate many more, but I know not to push myself too much.  I was thinking about Jean loving her top and realized that I don't have many clothing items that bring me joy as Marie Kondo says.  I like them, but......  Probably means I should go through things again, but I will pace myself.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday., Jan 18th)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  I hope the hospice visit works out today. We're expecting snow tomorrow and some on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week (I think).  I did my grocery shopping this morning.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies...I am hoping that your first hospice visit goes well Linda and I am sure it will....you are doing a great service Linda.   

Bernie it looks like we will be getting your storm....the NY C is frantic....last time they had snow,a few weeks ago,only 6 inches' it was a total disaster for them....somebody dropped the ball but they are well prepared now.   Still not sure how much we will get up here...I am on the coast so maybe changing to rain but very cold temps after that.There is a Luna eclipse Sunday night snd I hope the storm clears out by then.   I was in the store this morning and I guess everywhere is having the Progressio soup on sale...ours was 88 cents a can but you had to buy 10 cans .  I have never had their soup. I did make a big pot of pasta ******ioli soup the other day.

Glad you are feeling better Twinny ,that was quite a scare I am sure.  My ds is off his prednisone that he was taking g since October...

Nothi g else going on here.... have a nice day everyone....Marijane

Trusted Contributor

The *** that came up on my post is the word "bean " in Italian.......so I made pasta and bean soup the other day.   marijane.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L,  I think that we are finally going to get a big snowstorm which started later this morning and should end tomorrow morning.  I am  happier than a kid in a candy store.  I might not like temps colder than 0° though.  It sounds like you had a busy day with hospice & grocery shopping. Good job on your Babbel class last night.  

Bird Mama, schools let out early today because the ❄❄❄ is arriving sooner than was thought.  5-8" is possible.  My DH has the snow blower ready to go!

Marijane. Thanks for your well wishes. I was only on prednisone for 4 days this time, but I was on a high dosage 17 years ago and I had lots of complications.  But when you are wheel chair/bed bound, it was a MIRACLE DRUG.  I hope that your ds continues to feel better.

Jean, I am going to start getting the Xarelto at Walgreen's.  Their 90 day supply was $141.00 this morning when I went to pick it up.  My mail order rx plan was going to charge me $344.00.   Believe it or not, 90 days of Xarelto at Walgreen's was $1,599.00.  Then my DH went to Shopko for his test strips and lancets this morning and they said that they didn't have any.  They transferred his RX to Walgreen's & he was able to get twice as many test strips and lancets for $6.66.  This is a HUGE savings. I just got my 90 day supply of Uloric by mail.  When I am ready for my next 90 days supply, I will check Walgreen's to see if they can get a 90 day supply at a better price.

Right now I am a very happy camper.  

I am going to hunker down with a good book & pretend that I am in a beautiful ❄❄❄ globe.  I just love snow.  We have no travel plans until Tuesday morning when we will be going out of town to get our 👀👀👀 tested.  Weather permitting.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope the hospice visit went well. Funny that you should mention "love" in connection with a garment. I wore at top today and my reaction was that I didn't love it, so it is destined to be worn around the house or given away. I have tops like it in different colors but there is something about the intensity of the shades in the top that just don't work for me.

Marijane--I thought of you today when I saw a "weather forecast" on Facebook and tagged you on it. I love Progresso soup so perhaps I need to look for it tomorrow if I go to the city for haircut and color before the           winter chaos arrives and I hibernate.

Twinny--That $1599 price for the Xarelto is what someone has to pay if they have no insurance. It is aways on my receipt along with what I pay. When it was originally prescribed, the doctor asked if I had good insurance. For those not having insurance, there is a special one year plan the Xarelto company has for people but it only lasts one year.

I wrapped up four days of work this week. Like everyone else, we are expecting bad weather. I live near the Ohio borfder so I get to hear all about Lake Effect snow. I have never liked snow. It is pretty but it creates difficulties. I plan to go to the city tomorrow and get my hair done and get back as soon as possible as it will be pouring the rain first before the snow comes in followed by ice and single digit temps. Not good!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - been busy lately.  Hope you're all staying warm during possible snow storms.  We received a few days of rain, so we're happy.  

Besides keeping busy with the normal chores, my DD and I took our cat Lilly to the clinic for her to be treated for an abscess (probably bitten by one of our other cats).  She's now isolated in a bathroom, poor kitty.  My DD also got bitten in the forearm by a German Shepherd yesterday.  This the the biggest one she's received so far, but she should be okay.  She's on antibiotics and is just hoping that the puncture wound didn't get the sheath that surrounds tendons in the arm, as that can cause lasting problems.  One of the hazards of being a vet.  

Wishing you all well  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--Wishing your fur babies a quick recovery. 

I think I'll head for my Kindle to finish a book. I'm tired of hearing of the depressing winter news and precautions to be taken.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to tell you that our "baby girl" has a birthday today.  I went to the hospital at 7:00Smiley Tongue.m. & had her at 11:00 p.m.  It was a tough day for her because she had to take their 16 year old ds to the Dr.  He has had a sore throat, but not strep throat.  Then she found out that she has jury duty in February.