Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time -- FRIDAY, June 19

Good Morning/Afternoon!  We heard from DH's DD last night around 8:00 p.m.  His DGD was still in the hospital (groggy, etc.), but they still expected her to be released last night.  The operation took four hours (twice as long as expected), and the doctor "found a mess in there".  Hopefully, she is doing okay, but it was quite upsetting for her waiting family.  According to DH's SIL, this would have been a minor injury for an adult, but since her bones are still growing, it was a major one for her.  Your prayers and good thoughts for her are appreciated.

Very happy that Jean is out of the hospital, and seems to be no worse for the wear as they say.  Nice that they treated her so well.  Fingers crossed that the procedure will help with her heart issue.

They have sent out weather alerts -- extreme heat -- for today and tomorrow in our area.   Out high temperatures may be 10 degrees warmer than the normally cool 101 degrees.  LOL  Definitely not a good time to visit southern Arizona.

I have to say that my heart is heavy over the loss of life in Charleston.  The deaths of these innocent people has really hit me hard.  RIP

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny (glad you are feeling better and good luck with your other health issues), Bernie, Marijane, snicks, pinky ann, LindaR, Susan, Karen, Rosa, Charlene, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time -- FRIDAY, June 19

Like minds LindaL.  I will delete my post and copy what I wrote over here on your post.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

LindaL, thanks for getting us started.  God Bless your DH's grand daughter.  I cringe at the thought of such a young child in pain having to undergo what I'm sure will be intense therapy. 

The weather here is fabulous today, sunny, mild, low humidity.  It's going to get humid and rainy this weekend.  So far, we've managed to dodge severe storms or floods, so I will be thankful for my blessings and not complain.

Jean, it's good that you are home and I bet Midnight is thrilled to see you.

Arlene, I've been on pins and needles - are you okay? 

Waiving hello to all of the regulars and visitors.  I'll check back later for responses.

One the shopping front, I did quite well this week.  I used my AT&T reward card to buy 3 pair of my favorite yoga pants from Kohl's.  There was a sale and I used $47 and some odd cents of the $50 gift card.

I also picked up a pair of new Rockport driving mocs for a fantastic sale.  $144 is not a price I will spend on a loafer or driving moc.  For that price, the shoe better be able to do housework or cook (lol).  I spent $58 for the exact same shoe.  I'm wearing them today and they are comfy.

I also wanted a pair of leather boots for winter.  I've been watching a pair that retailed at $295 for many months.  For $295, they better be able to cook, do housework and cut the grass (lol).  Instead I paid $117.

Barring a broken foot, I will have these boots for the next 15-20 years.  I take good care of my shoes.

I needed the new mocs because I wore out my other metallic loafers after 8 years of wear - sincerely, I wore holes into the rubber heels. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Hello Ladies....I will keep your DH GD in my prayers LindaL...hope she does fine and the PT isn't too hard on her. Such a young age to have back surgery .

Happy to hear you are home Jean and all is well. I hope you take is easy for awhile while you recuperate.

Twinny prayers everything goes ok on Monday on your follow up medical procedure.

it's a muggy,sunny,cloudy day all rolled into one here.....they are sang showers later. lLooks like Siunday will be a mess around here weather wise.

How is your kitty doing Arlene...did you get him to the Vet yesterday?

I have a question about this new format....how do you see recent posts....I have to start at the 1st one and go all the way to the last one posted......so if there are 20 or so I have to scroll down tori all of them. The last format I just clicked on to the persons name and saw it..but that doesn't seen to work now.

Have a nice day everyone......Marijane
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about that Bernie.  Right after I posted, the site was down for maintenance, so I couldn't check.

I'm not sure Jean is home yet or not since I read that she had lunch at the hospital.  Hopefully, she will let us know.

I am having the same issue, Marijane.  Still not loving this new format, but I guess I need to adapt since it seems to be a permanent change.

Valued Contributor

Linda, Hope your DH's DGD isn't in too much pain, and will have a full recovery. I'll be glad to pray for her. It's also good news that Jean has been released from the hospital. I hope the procedure does all that they hope it will.

Bird, Hope your day is going well, and you have a great weekend!

Plans to get to Macy's big sale got washed out this morning by heavy rains. Every thing today has been a challenge to get done today. I have no idea why, as I was feeling like the day would be pretty good when I got up... Hope everyon is doing much better. Have a good afternoon!  pinky

Valued Contributor

Genny, I hope you find the posts you're looking for. I'm trying to figure out posting a photo, but so far no luck. Cut and paste is fine from the web, but not my own pictures.

Bird that's some great shopping! Your boots must be fantastic! I keep shoes a long time too, but I sometimes wear down on one side, or the support is lost over time so they'll go for one of those reasons. Wear all of your new things in good health!

Hello to everyone who posts later, or anyone I may have missed now! Maybe Kathleen will check in... She should be done with work now, and I hope much more relaxed and at peace. pinky

Honored Contributor

Pinky, that's right!.  Today's is Kathleen's last day in the city.  Well, in honor of the day, here are some cocktails - alcoholic and non alcoholic.

Let's raise a glass to Kathleen - she held out and made it.

Image result for cocktails

Valued Contributor

I'll drink to that Bird!!!!!

Just a minute ago I got my photo posted in the home forum !!! I'm thrilled!!!!

( Did the exclamation points give me away?)  :U)  I'll try to post one here to see if I dreamed it, or did it really happen.

Honored Contributor

This is my new loafer

Rockport Total Motion Driver Chain Keeper Nero Python

These are the new boots (color is a little darker than this pic)

Image result for pikolinos monza boot

My joke about the boots is that I will look appropriate on the back of a horse or harley.