Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time ( Monday, Oct. 24th)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Not much going on here, went to Costco to get my Halloween candy.  I am now am ready for next Monday.   It is a cloudy day here, but at least no rain for now.  We may get a little later, depends how the wind blows.

Not much to write, I do need clean up the basement, we are getting it measured for carpeting this week.

What is everyone up to today?

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time ( Monday, Oct. 24th)

Hi everyone,

Image result for monday fall pics

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies -- not much going on here either.  Hope to get some exercise, plan some dinner and watch the Broncos.

Believe it or not, still waiting for my prolia vaccine, been working on this since April 8.  Just can't believe how people can be this bad at their job and keep it.  Most companies wouldn't operate in this fashion and still have a viable company.  They must have had their ears burning, just got a notice it has been shipped. lol

Nice to see you ladies here today.  We have a warm week in store and I'm happy about that.  Counting down the last few warm days for us.  Winterizing going on all around the golf course and clubhouse.

@PAlady  I picked up Halloween candy last week at Sams, were set as well.  Just need to keep DH out of it 1 more week, haha.  Enjoy new carpet in the basement.

@meallen616  Love the pic, thanks.

Have a wonderful day all.  Keep those CCs under wraps.  I hope to do the same.  Fingers crossed.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone, and thanks @PAlady for the start today. Not much happening here either, you are ahead of me getting Halloween candy, if I get it too early either me or hubby will eat some of it and neither of us needs it, at all, lol.

Sunny and cool here, perfect fall day really.

I would love to get new carpet, in my whole house, but, not any time soon, unfortunately. Dog reasons, she sometimes has an "accident" and I would be really upset with her if it happened on new carpet.

@meallen616, happy Monday to you also. Hope your day is going well.

@3suwm5, wow, that's a long time to wait on a vacine. Wonder what the hold up is about. Enjoy your day.

Have to see my dentist again this afternoon, will probably be missing a tooth when I get back, glad it's not a front one anyway.

Have last load of laundry in the dryer and have left overs that I froze, from last week that we will have for dinner as I don't expect to feel like cooking later on, lol.

Hope everyone has a nice day. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Glad you are ready for Halloween visitors.  We have never had any here in our retirement community.  The first couple of years, I bought candy, which we ended up eating (can't let candy go to waste).  I doubt that we will have any this year, but I may pick up a bag of candy to take to DH's facility.  I'll wait until next Tuesday to take it there just in case someone shows up here.  I do have my Halloween light string up, and I hope that any potential trick or treaters will see them.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I will be attending a Halloween potluck next Monday, and I have been assigned crackers and cheese.  I like cheese, but crackers are not my thing.  I don't think I should purchase the cheese this early, so that will wait.  

Took my long walk (1 1/2 hours) this morning, and I'll visit DH in an hour or so.  One of my "classes" concerns foreign policy, and the leader sent tons of reading via e-mail.  I decided that I really don't like reading serious, somewhat lengthy articles on the computer, but I did not want to print them out -- waste printer ink and paper.  That may change when I get the second batch of articles.

Thanks for the pretty graphic meallen.

I really can't believe it has taken so long for your Prolia vaccine, 3auwm5.  That is just crazy.  In contrast, I get postcards a month or so from the company that makes the drug, and calls from the doctors office at least a week or two in advance.  And, this is two different doctors in two different practices.  The first doctor told me that they don't make any money on the vaccine (just a few dollars), but the drug company charges quite a lot ($2,000 plus).  And, the vaccine cannot last for long without going bad.  I guess my insurance company and/or Medicare must have a different philosophy than yours.  

Enjoy the warmer weather while it lasts.  Still quite warm here, and they are saying we may have record high temperatures later in the week.

Waves to Jean (working today), Kathleen (back on the road), Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, Essie, Barbara, Karen, Marijane, Charlene, Gayle, butterfly, LindaR, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S.  I was so happy yesterday evening when DH suggested that we sit outside after his dinner.  The facility has some nice chairs, and he said it was very pretty.  It was so nice sitting there with him and looking at the mountains, etc.

ETA -- I hope your dental visit isn't too bad, snicks.  Glad it is not a front tooth at least.  Do take it easy when you get home.  Extra hugs.

Honored Contributor

Thought I would run by and say howdy.  Another busy day at work.  Next time I blink the workday will be over, so there's something to be said for a busy day, lol.

I placed an order at my store yesterday.  New pair of jammies, pair of suede gloves and a beanie :-)

I tend to sleep in a  long sleeve tee and yoga pants however I like to keep a nice pair of jammies on hand - never know when you might land up in the hospital.  That settles it, I've turned into my mother and grandmother, he he he.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Nothing much happening here as I worked to and just got home.

meallen--Thank yoiu for the lovely pic with an autumn flair for Monday.

3suwm5--That is utterly ridiculous that such a price should be charged as well as the delay for the vaccine.

Snicks--I hope the dental visit went well. Leftovers do come in handy for days like this in which you may not feel well after the dental visit.

Linda--I am glad that you are able to continue to exercise which is helpful in keeping you healthy and also in helping with stress. I know that the visit with DH was very enjoyable.

Bernie--I have nice jammies and robes I use for travel and definitely for hospital use. In winter, I'm content to wear my warm Hanes casual pants and top to bed.

I work again tomorrow in one of the 5th-grade classes. Wednesday, I get my hair styled and colored, plus a visit to the physical therapy place. I hope to find soon if another month's of sessions has been approved by the insurance.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Susan: so sorry to hear about you Dad. Hugs to you