Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Wednesday

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Can't believe we have sun, but, the air is very cold. We were at minus 5 this morning, and we are supposed to get up to a heart warming - 29 degrees today. I won't complain too much at least it is not snowing and the sun is out. I want Spring sooooo bad!

Not much on tap for today, have to go out and get a few things for the dog, and may stop in Marshalls just to walk around. I have been very bad this month on shopping, so it will look no buy at Marshalls. I put vegetable soup in the crockpot today, so we will have that tomorrow. It has to cook 8-10 hours, so it is definitely for lunch tomorrow.

Well off to get some caffeine and get moving, have a good afternoon everyone.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Wednesday

Oh the sun is out here also. So happy to see it. Our weather moved East. Isome times you need to get out of the house!!! Watched the dog show last night. Loved the winner. I am a fan of terriers. Have mixes I share my life with! Rat terriers now recognized. The one featured didn't have markings like my Fred but he was cute. My Scarlet was a shelter rescue. I was told she was part rat. I said no way. When I got home and they were next to each other their markings were so similar.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Hope you have fun looking at Marshalls. I love vegetable soup myself, and using the crockpot is such a nice idea. Sorry it is so cold there, but I am afraid it is just that kind of winter many places. In contrast, we are having warmer than normal weather -- which I love.

Hi LindaR -- I know you love your dogs and cats -- glad you enjoyed the dog show.

DD's truck repair won't be too expensive, and she is hoping to get it back this afternoon. They are expecting lots of snow starting this evening, so she plans to get to the airport early to pick up my SIL. Hope his plane makes it on time and they have a safe trip home.

Also hope that Arlene is okay, and Angel has returned. Thanks for the heads up on this CouponQueen (hope I have that right.)

Waves to Jean (working today), Kathleen, Marijane, Rosa, Twinny, Sonya, Nancy, Karen, Kathy, Val, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hello friends!! Susan thank you for starting us! I like to walk around Marshalls and look at everything. That is a good store for me to NOT buy if there are no bags that I like, and I am a picky bag girl. I talked myself out of long sleeve tops at Old Navy only to order a swim suit instead. lol That will be my purchase for this month. Last month I did get some Old Navy tops. I spent about $20 at my favorite store and came home with $100 worth of clothes. I think they messed up by sending me 2 $40 vouchers but whatever. I used them.

Linda I was thinking of you last night. DH covers on the couch with his Dennis Basso. Kyanne lays on whatever is hanging over at his feet. Well she waited and wiggled a little then waited then wiggled a little until she had more blanket than he did. This morning when I came home from boot camp she was laying on the leather couch on the Dennis Basso. I gave her a hard time about it. I don't want her on my good couch. lol Got her a fancy bed with 'sides' for Christmas and she chewed a good portion of stuffing out of it.

Linda how is DD doing with all the bad weather and her exercise? And SIL's new job is ok? So happy her truck won't cost too much. Our winter is cold but we sure don't have much to complain about.

Same old thing here - 100 miles a minute. I'm glad to see the sun. DH and I decided to eat at DD's bar on Friday night. It will be good to see her even if she is at work. She found somewhere to stay - a friend who just bought a house - $600 a month plus bills. I don't know how she does it. She could find something else, a roommate arrangement on Craigslist for $500 a month if she tried. But I think her friend's will be good, with a fenced yard for her dog and no lease. She sounds good, but I know it's hard to split up after all that time. And wondering if she made the right decision.

Frequent Contributor

Hi, ladies. We're about to head out of town for a couple days/nights just for fun. We had planned to showshoe, but the weather isn't going to allow that. Oh, well. I've been pretty good with shopping this month, but I was sick a couple weeks ago and have only been downtown once, which really helps! I have done a little computer shopping, but only a book and a pair of sandals from Zulily.

Kathleen, glad your DD found a place to live that seems to suit her needs. I sure don't miss those days!!!

Linda, glad the truck repair won't be too much. They have more things to deal with!

Susan, I did visit Marshall's the other day, and I bought something small, but can't remember what. lol Now I'll be wracking my brain!

Stay warm, everyone. That's what we're going to try to do as we head to the high country!

Respected Contributor

Kathleen: lol. Mine would be under the covers!!! Thankfully the Old English is content with her fur coat. Last time she was groomed she didn't cut her short for the winter. Know she is nice and wooly. Glad your DD found an arrangement that works for her and the dog! Sonya: saw the reports of the avalanches in the mountains and the controlled events to trigger them