Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT (Wednesday, July 20th)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Just got back from the eye doctors, so I am having some light sensitivity at the moment.  Of course, I just remebered I need a couple things from the store.  I will wait until Dh gets back from golf amd he can take me.  I can drive, but the sun is very bright today and I just don't feel like fighting it, 

Linda -  Hope you got some sleep last night and that DH is doing well.

Jean -  Good idea about the railing, always better to be safe than sorry.

Twinny -  Your vacation sounds like it was a blast.  DH and I did a bus trip last year for the first time, I enjoyed someone driving me around.

Not much going on here, I do have some decluttering to do.  Have a good afternoon everyone.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT (Wednesday, July 20th)

Hello friends!Thank you for starting us Susan! I didn't look before I submitted my post, but was able to delete it when I saw yours. Yay!

I've been on the computer all morning doing a lengthly application process for DH. I'm getting anxious about my job. It's at country home and I won't get a start date until all my paperwork comes back. Part of me expects to be working Monday but I've no idea their timeline.

I took a load of things to country home and just have a few things to take when I get the green light - plants and closet.

DD posted pics of Viet Nam and it looks like she is having a wonderful happy 21st.

I haven't shopped but have thought about my clothes a lot. It would be good to have a pair of black pants.  I found some WWC pairs but black is sold out in the ones I want. I haven't decided if I should try a grey pair or not. I love my WWC capris!  I also want to invest in a nice pair of black pumps, but I think I will take my time and spend more than I usually do.  I would like to work a couple weeks to get a feel for the dress code anyway.

That's all that is happening here.  I need to pick up clothes from the alterer's today and that is all that is on my "to do" list. How is everyone?

Honored Contributor

@ 

Good afternoon and thanks for getting us started today.  Not much going on with me other than work. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies!!!  Susan, thanks for starting.  Good luck on your decluttering efforts...seems never-ending in my world.

Kathleen, congrats on the new job.  Deep breaths with that paperwork for DH, and I'm sure you will win the battle.  Loving the photos from DD...what an adventure she is on!!! 

LindaL, thinking of you today and hoping things go well with DH's DD.  It sounds like she has a good idea on what's going on, but seeing it in person can be sobering, for sure, especially since it seems like the disease is progressing rapidly.

Jean, how is your new exercise chair.  I am curious as well.  I have a Pilates reformer which I love, but I am always looking.  We have a treadmill, but it is a killer for my knees.

Barbara, hope the infusion went well.  I had toyed with a yard sale, but ended up donating to the vets.  My last one was very stressful, and I am not up to that right now.

Bernie, DH and I sometimes forget about our anniversary as we are so busy with other "stuff", that it gets pushed aside.  Just one of those things.

We got some sad news yesterday...a dear friend of DH's family passed away.  Just waiting to hear on arrangements.  He was very sick, so in many ways, it is a blessing.

Thinking of LindaR and some of our other "regulars", hoping they are all well.  That's it for now...work is calling my name!!!  Whatever your plans...enjoy the day!!!

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies -- Had everything going wrong yesterday.  Tried to find the plus side of the day, and guess what--the air conditioner stopped working last night.  We are grateful we have a finished basement, so spent the evening watching tv down there.

Today, the hottest day of the year so far, yes indeed, we don't have air.  But the good news is, my DH called for repairs this morning & the repairman was just here.  He needs to get a part at the shop and will return shortly to take the next hour or so, to repair it.  I sure hope they have the part.  Praise the Lord!!

I was surprised last night when I heard 'Christmas in July' for today.  How many days this month has that been the theme??  Gosh, what on earth could be new by the time October, November and December come around??

Guess I will get a very late start today, but will try to finish up some other paperwork I've delayed this month.

Hope to have a better day than yesterday, it looks like we are winding our way through the maze of aggravation.  We will get there, just hope we still have our minds when we get over this hill 

Have a great day all!!  Watch the credit cards - lol.

Honored Contributor

To all the posters and readers,

Honored Contributor

Hello to all who joined mid stream while I was posting and after.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised to see CIJ again today.  They usually lose me as a viewer/shopper from July until January :-)  I can't even watch it because I well get holiday fatigue by Labor Day.

I did the 'push' CD from Powerfit Harmony last night.  Supposed to work on muscles that push?  I wasn't expecting planks and tried to do what Stephanie did.  There are 10 CDs so at least boredom shouldn't be an issue.  One thing that could break me is we have only 20 minutes comment.

I know the instructor is trying to assure the person exercising that the workout will be over before you know it.  Every time she mentions we have only 20 minutes, I start feeling rushed, lol

I never thought I would write this - the total gym in the basement with the flip booklet of exercises is starting to look good. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Susan, I am playing lazy today as it will be mid 80's & then the ugly 90's.  Our last heat wave was in 2012.  Yes, our bus trip was fabulous.  We have been on lots of them & loved them all!

Bird Mama, Hugs for you on yesterday's date.  

SNICK's, I do things at a smaller pace too, but eventually get it all done.  

Sydsgma, I hope that you are feeling better real soon.  Glad that you & Sydney had s great time at the musical.

Jean, that railing sounds like a great idea.  I finally got mom to get one put in her garage.  For her safety & mine too.

AndrewGormley, welcome & it sounds like you had a fun shopping day.

FHG, I hope that you soon have a pool to float in.  

LL, I hope that your visit goes well when your DH's DD comes.  I bet that she will be amazed with what she observes.  I wish you well on your upcoming vacation & the placement of your DH.  I have no regrets about putting my mom in assisted living as it was a nice home & DH & I went almost every day.  Yet, we had our nights to ourselves. 

DH & I  took our mopeds for breakfast.  He is mowing the lawn & it looks very stormy.  Our county fair starts today.  It is rodeo tonight, but will probably be too hot for me.

I hear the thunder.  

I just plan to enjoy the AC & recuperate from vacation.  Yesterday I got caught up with the laundry & made numerous phone calls to my mail order RX company & also to our local clinic.   

If the TSV was bigger, it would be tempting as I inherited a beautiful cherry (I think) cabinbet made by my UK grandfather in the late 40's- early 50's & I think we will get a table top tree this year.  I am getting ready for a smaller tree.

Lunch will be BLT's as I have all the fixings & supper will be whatever I want if DH is at the fair.

Hugs toi all of you.

Regular Contributor

Bernie, I have those DVDs...I remember enjoying them, now to find them!!!

Twinny, I'm with you on not liking the hot weather...my mom always said it was because I was a December baby.  Who knows, but I will take the colder weather any day.  Your trip sounds like it was a winner.  There is something to be said for letting someone else do the driving...and relaxing!!

Meallen, love your daily posts.

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @PAlady, for the start, know what you mean about the eyes after those drops, I had that Monday & the drive home was horrible

@RockChick Hoping you new job goes well, good idea to wait as far as clothes go, see what seems to be the "fashion"

@ksmitty28 like you, decluttering is constant around here, seems like there's no end to it

@3suwm5 Hope your a/c is back on, if your weather is like mine, it's a necessity, the basement is a good idea

@meallen616 Thanx again for your daily greetings, how sweet of you to remember us

@Bird mama wow girl you really do good work exercising, I guess I'm too lazy, thankfully I'm not overweight & all the walking I do at the airport seems to pacify my doctor  lol

@twinny70 That's what I'm doing, enjoying the a/c, did get a load of wash out on the line 

Some laundry done & hung out, did a bit of house cleaning, but the rest of the day will be easy, then out for supper with our quartely old Parents Council members from when our kids were in grammar school, been going on for many, many, years, we've lost some (we toast them at the start) but we continue on, so it's a fun nite usually as there are some with physical issues but we have a few "designated drivers" that help the ones with walkers, etc, so it all works out

Was quite busy at the airport yesterday, didn't have any major problems but helped a lot of perplexed travelers

Stay Cool

Essie