Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Wednesday 4/27

Hi ladies - I didn't see a thread started yet.  How is everybody?  First of all Snicks - Congratulations on the birth of your little great granddaughter.  Hope mother and baby are both doing well.  Love the name. (Guess what my nicname is?  Yep, Charly!!!)  Bernie - hope that Rocky continues to get strong - keep us updated.  Arlene - I want to give you (((hugs))) today.  In an earlier post you wrote about the couple where the husband was faithful caregiver to his wife (much like our dear Linda is a wonderful caregiver).  You mentioned that you wished someone loved you as much.  I know that you know this, but I just want to remind you that there is someone who loves you that much, and even more.  You have a bridegroom waiting for you, and He's building a mansion for you.  You're loved!!!  Also sending out (((hugs))) to Twinny as you deal with your mother's estate.

Not much going on here today except the normal chores.  Yesterday my mother came over and I helped her download photos from her camera, order prints from Shutterfly, and get the camera ready for her 65th college reunion this weekend.  We had a nice time together.  

Hope you all have a nice Wednesday.  Waves to all Smiley Happy  ~  Charlene

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Wednesday 4/27

@cerb

I posted a couple of new pictures of Rocky in the Among Friends thread:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/April-2016-Bird-s-Nest/td-p/2669205/page/7

Just scroll down a little.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Charlene -  Thank you for starting us today.  Glad you could help your mom download the pictures, I have to admit, I can not do that with my camera, I told myself this was the year I was going to learn to do that and learn how to use all the features on my phone.  I have had it for 2-3 years and still have problems using it.

Not much going on here today, feeling very lazy.  Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Trusted Contributor

Bernie - You are a good bird doctor, Rocky looks like he is doing very well. keep up the good work.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  It's another gorgeous day out. Mark is supposed to come by and do some work, so I don't have any special plans; hopefully he'll come early enough so I can take my girls out for a drive.  We had a nice trip to Jasper yesterday, and to my surprise I had a larger bank balance than I had thought since some things I had budgeted for came in for less. I had problems accessing the site on-line, so I didn't know precisely where I stood. I did take a peek inside Goody's, and my gosh, they had so many pretty things!  On Tuesdays you get an extra 20% off if you're 40 or older so I did treat myself to something; fortunately I had to run in and out quickly since it was hot out and the dogs were in the car, otherwise I could have done some serious damage!  Not that I "need" anything, but sometimes you have more of an emotional "need" to get something new, if you know what I mean. It was my reward for sticking to my diet. Cat Happy Since I've cut way back on sugar, I don't crave all those sweets much anymore.

Glad to hear Rocky is doing well, Bird.  You're a good birdmamma.  Cat Happy

Congratulations, Snicks!  I'm sure you're happy that the waiting is finally over.

Thanks for the reminder, Charlene. I know He loves me, but I can't help but envy those who have Him AND loving parents, siblings, husband, children, grandchildren...I've had none of those.  Oh well, I have my animals and bears, and love them dearly.  Cat Happy

I guess I should get dressed so I'm not scrambling when Mark shows up. I should also probably do some more cleaning - it never ends! Oh, I did get a squeegee from Amazon as nothing I tried was working on the "Nose Art" on the car windows, and it arrived yesterday. In a flash of inspiration when I was cleaning my windshield at the gas station I tried their squeegee on an inside window, and it worked great!  So, for the first time in years all my car windows are nice and clean, both inside and out. Cat LOL That was $5 well spent...

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Afternoon/Evening,  Thanx @cerb for the start.

Just started to rain here, chilly, probably for the net few days. I did get my 2 propane tanks refilled this am so hopefully the weather will clear up so I can grill.

@PAlady if you ever figure out how to download pix from your phone, please let me know, I could do it from my old dumb phone, but can't figure it out on the "smart" phone, user error??

@Snicks1

this post just went, but now I'm back, hope it works, anyway we have a Charly here & my middle name is Charlotte, so maybe we're godmothers!! I know she'll be loved & lucky to have you as her "Great" FHG hang in there girl, you have your pets & all you do for our military is much appreciated, I'm sure they love you! Bernie, as I said in the other post, Rocky is a good lookin dude, which is in no small part due to his mama, I know I couldn't do it Hope all have a good evening, see ya later Essie Should be thinking about supper as I'm alone tonite, so I'll raid the freezer/fridge & see what's available
Respected Contributor

@spix wrote:

Afternoon/Evening,  Thanx @cerb for the start.

Just started to rain here, chilly, probably for the net few days. I did get my 2 propane tanks refilled this am so hopefully the weather will clear up so I can grill.

@PAlady if you ever figure out how to download pix from your phone, please let me know, I could do it from my old dumb phone, but can't figure it out on the "smart" phone, user error??

@Snicks1

this post just went, but now I'm back, hope it works, anyway we have a Charly here & my middle name is Charlotte, so maybe we're godmothers!! I know she'll be loved & lucky to have you as her "Great" FHG hang in there girl, you have your pets & all you do for our military is much appreciated, I'm sure they love you! Bernie, as I said in the other post, Rocky is a good lookin dude, which is in no small part due to his mama, I know I couldn't do it Hope all have a good evening, see ya later Essie Should be thinking about supper as I'm alone tonite, so I'll raid the freezer/fridge & see what's available

Well I should have just started over, don't know what I do to cause this as it has happened before   Sorry

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone. I'm home from another day of work. Nothing much exciting happening here. I decided to fill up the car with gas before it ran on fumes at which time I discovered prices had increased ten cents a gallon. We have had bad storms and heavy rains but Midnight and I have not been affected. Friday is payday so I am looking forward to Friday for multiple reasons.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Charlene. Glad you had fun with your Mom, and nice of you to help her with her pictures.  I wonder how many will be around to attend the reunion.  Guess it depends on the class size, etc.

Rocky is looking good, Bernie.  You have been doing a great job with him/her.

I didn't have a clue about getting pictures off my phone, Susan.  But, DD showed me how last summer.  I think I save them to a gallery and then send them to my e-mail as an attachment.  Then I download them to my computer.  I'm sure there is an easier way, but I am pretty happy that I can do it at all.

How nice that your bank balance was larger than expected, Arlene.  Glad you are happy with your new squeegee and the weather is nice.

Hope you enjoy grilling esse, and your weather isn't too bad.  DD said it was chilly and rainy in her area today.  Nice and sunny here.  We are expecting cooler (70's) and windy weather for tomorrow.  At least recycling was today so I won't need to chase after papers that fly out of the container.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, snicks, twinny, Marijane, Rosa, LindaR, Karen, Barbara, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

I took DH to the club this morning, and then I toured a local memory care/assisted living facility -- it was great and the price isn't out of line with others I have seen.  This place has five "homes" (they will build 10 once the five are filled), with 10 residents per home.  They have two caregivers during the day and one at night.  That ratio is much better than most places.  The homes are really pretty, they have activities, visits by pets, etc.  The rooms are private and you can control the heat/AC, etc.  They do the laundry prepare all the food, etc.  I had heard good things about the place from fellow caregivers, the hospice nurse, and the caregiver who comes here for DH.  The manager was so nice and kind.  And, the caregivers seemed very nice and friendly.  While I am hoping to keep DH home with me as long as possible, I really wanted to look into possibilities.  And, they also offer respite care there -- it must be for two weeks (minimum), but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to do that as a trial before making any decisions about placement.  One of the best things about the place is that it is literally in walking distance, and would only be about a 5 minute drive.  

Like I said, I hope that I can take care of DH without placing him in a home, but I'm so happy they opened this facility nearby.

After the tour, I drove up to COSTCO -- my splurge was an exercise top.  I bought one last year, and I love it.  And, it is nice to have a variety of tops for the gym, etc.

Need to pick up DH now.  Have a good evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Hi Jean.  Our gasoline has gone up quite a bit lately, but I found the COSTCO price was still $1.75 a gallon -- that is well over 30 cents a gallon less.

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte

I am so happy that you toured a place near home that seems to fit the bill.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise