Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics - ODAT - Wednesday 2/10

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

We are getting some snow this morning.  Hope not too much today, I have a long dentist appt this afternoon and it is a 45 min drive from here.  Oh well, I used to go out and drive to work at five o'clock in the morning everyday. 

No TSV for me today, I wonder how many versions of an item you can do before you run out of options.  I think the Q needs to find new vendors.  Okay, enough crabbing for me today.

Jean -  How is your foot doing?

Twinny -  Hope all goes well with you mom today.  Hope Dh's test came out okay.

LindaL -  Hope toady goes well for your DH.

Has anyone heard from Sonya lately, haven't seen her on the boards.

Well off to do something constructive, hope everyone has a great morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT - Wednesday 2/10

Thanks for getting us started today Susan.  I'm not interested in the TSV either.  Maybe they should experiment with new expressions on that sponge - happy face, sad face, angry face, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Bernie -  I think you should send you idea in to them.   You could pick a sponge everyday by your mood.  Instead of a mood ring, you have a mood sponge.

Respected Contributor

Good morning Susan, thank you for starting us!  I love the tsv but not sure I would love the new design.  Would love to have a purple scrub daddy - but not enough to buy them.  I don't go through them here in the rv like I do at home.

Did not sleep well -got a weird text message at 3:30.  Fell back asleep and was dreaming that someone stole my car.  I was not very happy and glad to wake up.  ha ha!  My favorite show Walking Dead has a marathon starting tomorrow morning ending Sunday night so I'm trying to get all my "chores" done so I can vegetate and watch tv all day tomorrow and the next day.  ha ha

My freezer is full so I made a list of meals I can fix so I have some ideas for supper. I have all the accoutrements to make my heart cookies but not sure if I will get them done or not.

Let's see - that covers the regular topics for me - sleep, food, oh, weather is beautiful here.  I can't get over it.  A little chilly at night but just lovely for most of the day.

Honored Contributor

Good morning all, and thanks @PAlady, for starting us.

No TSV for me today either. I agree, new vendors/new products needed. Snowflakes just started drifting down here also. Supposed to be getting 1 or 2 inches. Good luck with the dental appt.

@Bird mama, lol, I like your idea of different expressions for the sponge.

@Rock_chick, have fun with the marathon TV watching, good idea to list already prepared meals you have in the freezer. Trucker girl, lol, was in San Antonio and Laredo yesterday and said it was about 80 and beautiful. Ha, here it was 10 and windy as heck.

I do need to run a couple errands this morning, then just mopping the kitchen floor, did all the rest of my chores yesterday while the modem was completely out, got the new one in the mail and installed last night. Proves to me that I waste a lot of time on this computer, lol. Hope everyone has a good day. Waves to all......

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Susan, no TSV for me either.  Good luck at the dentist.  

Bird Mama, great idea about sponges with expressions.  Right now I could use all of them.

RC, Have fun with the Marathon shows.  Last week I used all of the premade things in the freezer so I can add some more things to it.

SNICK's,  I have had another lazy week as too many other things are taking my time like appointments.  Hope that you don't get too much snow.

Good news with my DH's colonoscopy yesterday & my appointment today.  I did manage to lose 5# despite some anxious eating.  I hope to soon get on a good eating plan along with more walking when the weather warms up a bit.  Right now I am enjoying a nice cold sunny day.  We are heading out to a sports bar as they have a band coming.  Might be country.  I am not sure.  A change & then a visit with mom.

Dinner is pizza made with English muffins instead of the regular pizza crust.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70

Twinny, I'm glad that they didn't find 'anything' during the DH's colonoscopy.  Congratulations on losing the 5 lbs. :-)

Honored Contributor

Since I respect all of you as being smart women with good heads on your shoulders......

For years, since I bought my house and married, I've used an accountant to prepare my taxes.  I don't have complicated investments and don't own a business.  Basically, just a homeowner with a 401k who gives to charity.

Have any of you ever used software like turbotax or H&R block?  

It was convenient to have the accountant for the tax year when my beloved passed away as my mind was not my own.  I've been going to him since and paying anywhere from $150-$180 a year for what I think is a simple tax return.

He recently moved his office from downstairs of his home to a new location - actual office -  even further away from me.  In essence, for the past several years, I drop off the information and pick up the returns when they are ready.  Not even getting any conversation, lol.

Respected Contributor

Bernie, we've always done our taxes.  I used somebody when I did my cleaning business full time,so there were a handful of years, but turbotax is really easy and we don't have enough stuff to ever file - what do you call it now?  We just do the standard form - no itemized stuff.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, we have used TurboTax for quite a few years. It is pretty easy to use, if your return is not complicated. I am wondering this year if we need to take ours to someone as we had some "different" things going on this past year, but hubby bought the TurboTax again, so we will see, I guess.
"To each their own, in all things".