Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Wednesday 11/25

Hello Ladies......just wanted to pop in and wish every one a Happy Thanksgiving.....I thought I was pretty caught up yesterday but realize I am not so running around today.

I too have a lot to be thankful for.......Have a nice day today......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many have struggles during this period of time, but I think each of us can find something for which we can be thankful.

Thanks.JPG

I talked myself into going to town to the Post Office and getting my package. I must say the Dennis Basso upcoming TSV is a winner. If you have very cold winters, this coat is for you. It is a puffer but not overwhelming like some.  It also has furrier hooks for closure.  The sleeves are made so that if one has short arms, the sleeves can be turned back showing a lot of fur accent if desired.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello all, I'm at work test driving the new laptop/docking station, rofl.  I will admit to some separation anxiety when my desk top was gone, but I processed that and am over it.

I'm going to my eldest sister's tomorrow for dinner, I think later around 4pm or 5pm.  I paid for the bird but doubt I will eat any of it. 

It will be good to get the family together (10 of us) to visit for a little while.

Among the many things for which I am thankful, I'd like to thank you for welcoming into the daily shopaholics threads.  I appreciate the conversation.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Ah Bernie---we love having you.  Also love having the other new gals like Charlene that have joined us this past year.  And Snicks---and I am sure I am misisng someone else.

Twinny:  Oh dear lady--you and your Mom are remembered in prayer.  It is so tough to deal with watching our loved ones become more frail.

LindaL:  Remembering you also---I know you have a lot to deal with.  It is incredibly difficult and an emotional roller coaster.

Jean:  Oh your coat sounds delightful. 

Rosa:  thanks for the recipie.  I will try it next week.  Enjoy your family visits and Mark's family.

Charlene:  Love the kids helping with cleanup!!   Oh how sweet that the gal from your vet may be attending vet school---oh Ms. Harper!!!

Kathleen:  Shout out to you---sounds like we are in for a soggy few days.  Hopefully the ice stays to the North.  I do remember one Thanksgiving where we had ice---I was a blood donor at the time and they had an emergency.  I had not intended to venture out but they convinced me that it was truly an emergency.  So off I went. 

They are predicing really bad traffic with miles long backups.  One evening I was coming home and the traffic was simply crawling.  There is major construction at one intersection---they are putting in an overpass---not sure how many months/years it will take but when I went to a doctors apt. last week I had to be careful to not miss the turnin for the parking lot---it was only a few months since my last trip that way. 

I have so much to be thankful for---love each and every one of your gals. 

Respected Contributor

Hi girls,

Just  checking in real quick. It's another nice, warm day, but I have no intention of going out into the insane traffic - I'll probably just putter around the house. I guess I'm feeling sorry for myself - I so wish I had someone to cook a feast for, but God seems to have been ignoring my lifelong prayers for someone to love...

I'm at the end of my rope with Angelica; the other day she destroyed my nice quilt, then yesterday she chewed her bowl to pieces. She has plenty of toys - Kong, Nylabone, etc. and even "real" bones, but no, she has no interest in them.

Have a good holiday, everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Arlene - wish you lived close by and could spend Thanksgiving with us!  (((hugs)))

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--Sounds like your day will be like mine. If we were closer, we could do dinner out at one of the restaurants serving dinner tomorrow. I do wish you could find a home for Angelica. I think both of you might be happier. Hang in there!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hello friends!!!  Happy Thanksgiving!!  DH and I decided to drive to country home early early n the morning.  I posted a party invite for a "Leftover Pie" Party on Friday.  Hope someone comes.  It would be nice to see a couple friends.  We will likely go to Luby's for Thanksgiving lunch, after the parade.  The parade - I never get to watch it all.  I did buy some things for pumpkin pie and will cook a bit.

Vegas.  Most of you probably saw the video.  My sis made plans to meet us at the airport.  She was texting as I pulled in on the runway.  I told DH "my sister is REALLY excited".  As I came down the escalator she yelled my name and had her phone up taking video - as DD stepped out in front of us.  I had a little emotional meltdown.  It was very sweet.  We had 24 hours with her.  Got our shopping in.  Bought her a very expensive pair of Uggs - not typical but another style, for her Christmas gift.  Spent time with DH's oldest and Gson - wonderful time with them.  Breakfast dinner then a couple hours the next day also some shopping spoiling while we can.

The ball was wonderful and I danced a lot.  Came home worn out and just cleaning today and running errands.  It was a wonderful trip and I am overwhelmed with God's goodness. 

I've tried to keep up here.  Hugs to all.  My computer at home bit the dust so will have to take the laptop with me now.  My brother is going to replace hard drive this weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Sorry I'm so late in posting.  Thanks for getting us started Susan. Sounds like you have lots of eating to do tomorrow.  We will just be going to the church lunch, and my pecan pies are ready.  I decided to make them today just in case they didn't turn out well.  They look nice and smell delicious.  I'm not a pecan pie lover myself, but DH and many others love them.  I may make a pumpkin pie later today or tomorrow.  

I dropped DH off at the club and took a longish walk this morning.  Then, I stopped off at the store to pick up a few things, including the green beans for the new recipe.  Fast forward, I got home and noticed that I was supposed to have some stuffing for the top.  I may just make some "stuffing" out of toasted bread cubes and spices, or maybe I'll just wait until I get back to the store.  I haven't made stuffing in a couple of years, but when I did so, I made corn bread and combined it with stale bread along with the other ingredients.  So, I'm not used to buying the stuffing mixtures.  Fortunately, there is no rush to make the casserole.

Glad your back  is feeling a bit better snicks, and I hope you have a nice time with your family.  I have a new, slim and shorter tree this year, and I am wondering how I'll like it.  I think I will have way too many ornaments, but we will see.

Nice to see you posting Karen.  Glad you will have some time off.  Hope you can relax a bit. and decorating is fun.

Sounds like you will be having a very nice holiday, Rosa.  My SIL has to work, but she will be going out to dinner with my nephew and his wife tomorrow, and then she will be going to dinner at her new guys granddaughter's house.  Things seem to be going well for them, and she said she is looking forward to the holidays, particularly since she has someone to share them with this year.

Sorry that your Mom has fallen a couple of times, twinny.  I think about you often, and continue to pray for you.  Glad you had snow that you enjoy, and you are taking advantage of the hot tub.  You need all the relaxation you can get.  

Glad you really like your new DB coat, Jean.  I have some of his coats, including a very warm one, that I love.  However, warm coats are not much needed here.  Yes, there are many things to be thankful for, and I'm glad we have a holiday to help us remember all those things.

Sorry to hear your back has been bothering you pinky ann.  Hope your DH is better.  Do try to pace yourself.  I plan to start decorating on Friday if there is time to do so.  

What a shame about that turkey, Barbara.  Hope it will be ready to cook soon.  Have a great time with Syd and your DD.

Glad your kids do the clean-up at least, Charlene.  Sounds like a fun family Thanksgiving celebration.  You are certainly busy with your goats, puppy, and other animals.  I am feeling better, thanks.

Hi Marijane -- have a great celebration tomorrow.

We are thankful for all of the ladies on our thread, Bernie.  It is great having you post with us.  Have fun with your family tomorrow.

Hope you don't have too many traffic issues, LindaR, and your weather is okay.  I really appreciate your caring.

It is a shame you don't have anyone to cook for, Arlene.  Sometimes it is difficult not to feel a bit sorry for yourself when you see so much about happy family gatherings, etc.  One of the reasons I decided to go to the church Thanksgiving luncheon this year was that I felt pretty sorry for myself last year.  DH really isn't all that thrilled about special dinners, and I miss having others around.  It is too bad about Angelica -- really hope you can find her a new home.

That was very sweet of your DD to surprise you at the airport, Kathleen, but I'm sure it was a bit overwhelming.  Glad you had such a fun time at the ball, and you are celebrating Thanksgiving at your country home.

Waves to Gayle and any other of our posters who I have missed.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I know that I am late in posting, but I want you all to know that I do read your posts each night,  SUSAN, Have fun without doing any cooking.  I cooked last year at T. time for the first time in many years as it is easier for the 3 of us to eat out than for me to fuss with a nice meal.  Last year my niece & her family joined us for 4 days so it was a lot of fun.  SNICKS,  I hope that your back ache is getting better & that you can have fun eating out with your family tomorrow.  The slim tree sounds like something we will do one of these years too.  KAREN, I read each night too, but lately I have been too tired to respond to anybody.  ROSA, How nice for you to be able to spend Thanksgiving with both sides of your family.  We always had a real tree when we were kdis as my parents owned a cabin in the woods for many many years.  Then we would ice skate on the frozen lake & enjoy hot chocolate.  JEAN, That DB coats sounds very nice.  I have not had time to watch the Q for so many weeks   that I never even know what the TSV is anymore.  Cute picture & yes we need to count even our small blessings as they all add up.  BIRD MAMA, I hope that you have a nice time with your family tomorrow & you also posted a cute picture.  CERB, Fall is my favorite time of year too.  Harper sounds like a real cutie.  How nice to hire Dan to wash your cars.  SYDSGMA, How nice to be able to see your DD & Syd for the weekend.  You are so right that mom isn't capable of being alone but she just thinks she can still do it all.  Yesterday she wanted to take her walker & walk down the hallway with my DH & the nurse finally told mom to slow down that she wasn't on a race track!  RC, if I lived closer to you, I would come to your leftover pie party.  How nice to see your DD & have such a great time at the ball.  PINKY, Happy Thanksgiving to you & I hope you all have a great time.  My Christmas shopping just started but we don't have lots of people to buy for either.  My Decorating is much less than it used to be but I am happy with what I do around here.  Fatigue is my biggest problem too.  LINDA L, How do you like your new cupboards?  Pecan pie sounds so yummy.  LINDA R, We never have traffic jams, but we are expecting a lot of rain for tomorrow which will make things quite messy as all of the snow will be melting too.  FHG, I am so sorry to hear that Angelica is still so naughty for you.  It is unusually warm here too for this time of the year.  I hope that you also have a blessed Thanksgiving Day tomorrow.  My cranberry salad is made so all I need to make for tomorrow is turkey, potatoes, yams, stuffing & gravy.