Valued Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT (Tuesday, April 12th)

spix, I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. Many hugs... pinky

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

SPIX, condolences on the peaceful passing of your mom.  WOW, how wonderful for 99 years.  I hope that your sister is on the mend soon.

I read each night, but I am worn out with so many things going on at the same time.

Esteemed Contributor

Back from the gym and picking up DH from the club. Also stopped by the grocery to pick up some milk, etc.   I think he had a pretty good day at the club, and I did okay at the senior lunch program and the gym.  But, last night was not good -- first he had an accident and he was up a few times and thunder also woke me up.   Oh well.  

The bookclub book was "Circling the Sun" by Paula McLain.  It was an interesting book and it made several of us interested in watching "Out of Africa" again since (Karen and Denys in the movie -- Robert Redford and Meryl Streep -- are prominent in this book.)  

That is interesting about the handicapped hang tag, Arlene.  I did not realize that it was illegal to have them hanging while driving.  But, have not done that since I find( hanging things pretty annoying when I'm driving.

Some fun news -- youngest DGS is taking DGD to the senior prom this weekend.  He doesn't have a girlfriend at this point, and she has graduated from home school high school two years early.  So, they are both seniors.  I can't wait to see the pictures.  They are going with a large group of friends (14 couples I believe).

Sleep well everyone.  And again, I'm so sorry about your Mom's passing spix and yours as well twinny.  

Respected Contributor

Spix, I am so very sorry to hear your sad news. Hugs and prayers to you and your family today and in the coming days.