Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT (Tuesday, April 12th)

Spix:  so sorry to her of your loss of your mom.  At least her passing was peaceful.  Hugs.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, so glad your sister can go home today, must mean she is doing ok. Also hope Rocky gets new feathers and continues to recuperate quickly, although it sounds like he is quite content where he is, lol. It's good to have sun. Just improves my mood, personally, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I thought this was cute, maybe you all will too. It is the shopoholic thread, after all, lol.

They were on sale.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

I posted a picture of Rocky on the April Birds Nest thread (Among Friends neighborhood of the forum). 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's a beautiful day out - the forecast rain never materialized, and it's near 70°, so I might have to take the dogs out for a ride. Yesterday it rained all day, but I was busy running errands - didn't have any choice, like covering an overdraft at the bank - they give you until 6 p.m. to do so.  I did talk to a nice lady at the court who said she'd give the copy of my handicapped placard and note that I faxed over to the judge, so that should be OK - she said she understood that sometimes one might forget to use it.  She also told me it's illegal to drive with it hanging from your mirror; I didn't know that.  I also talked to someone about my pension; hopefully that'll go well. When I got home I was exhausted, and my "brief nap" turned into about three hours.

Sorry to hear about your mom, Spix.  Too bad she couldn't make it to 100. 

Rocky is a beautiful pigeon, Bird.  Hope he continues to improve.  The local Little Caesar's isn't very good; I've never been disappointed with Jet's - and it reheats very well.  I'm saddened by the loss of Hungry Howie's - I loved their Asiago crust, and the nearest one is over 100 miles away.  Cat Sad

I just spent the better part of an hour on Amazon chat; the Fancy Feast which I keep on hand for kitties who aren't feeling well showed as delivered, but it's not here.  The nice person said he'd send a replacement overnight at no extra chanrge.  The last mailman probably left it in the street, as he often does, and someone helped themselves - there have been a lot of workmen around. Cat Mad  Svetlana seems to be back to her old self; I figured she couldn't be in too bad shape after eating two entire cans of FF by herself! 

Nothing much else going on; I need to get back to cleaning (it never ends!) and have quite a bit of homework this week that i guess I should at least get started on - this class is International Business. I started to get my printer set up...it's not going well.  Cat Frustrated

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Trusted Contributor

Spix -  I am very sorry for the loss of your mother.  Please take care of yourself.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, Rocky is pretty, almost looks like ruffled feathers. Sure hope all his missing feathers come back in.
Trusted Contributor

Hello everyone - Between the grilled steaks, chicken pot pastries, and brownies, you all have gotten me hungry!  Spix - I am so sorry about your mother's passing.  Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

I made a trip to the grocery store this morning.  It should have been a quick trip, but I've had a hard time finding things since they "updated" (meaning they rearranged) the store.  A half hour trip became an hour.  Not a big deal, but I'm realizing that it takes me longer to adapt to new layouts then it did when I was younger.  

I have a bunch of little chores to do and I'm only halfway done.  I hope you all have a blessed Tuesday...   ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Spix--I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. You will always treasure the good memories that live on.

I really don't have much to report other than I worked today. It has been a good week, but right now I am too tired to respond to everyone.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

So sorry to hear of your Mom's passing, spix.  My sincere condolences.  I am glad she passed peacefully.

I am about to leave for the gym now, but I hope to post later in the day.

Hugs to all,

Linda