Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

No TSv for me today, it is pretty, but I am cleaning out my jewelry, I just have too much.   I use to watch the JR shows, but I think her prices have gotten expensive.  For those buying JR jewelry today, enjoy.

Not much going on here today, DH is going golfing soon and I have cleaning to do.  Yes, I know you are secretly jealous of my exciting life.

Well, off to get busy, have a good morning everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Thursday

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Susan. No s/v for me either, I do have several pieces of JR that I bought years ago and now never wear.   

Kathleen I hope your DD has reached her destination and has somewhat settled in.  I hope it's not too hot where you are today and you are finding your way around better.  When is it you are heading to the beach?

Hoping your job goes better for you Bernie...and that you have some backup in all that's happening.  yes you had the word correct that I posted the other day that turned into all asterisks when posted.  At first I thought I put them there when typing then realized it was a no no word...on the old board if you did that when you tried to post it would tell you but this didn't.

I'm glad you had all those safety bars installed in your bathrooms LimdaL...they will be so helpful for your DH.  That was a terrible situation your GS went thru yesterday.....sometimes you see on the news how father's get into fist fights with coaches over calls made during little league BB games....how crazy is that?  How will kids ever learn it's not just about winning when they see their parents in fights like that.

Hope your water problems are fixed for good LindaL and your bill is not too bad.

Charleen I see the market was up yesterday and I hope your buying earlier in the week had a good outcome for  you.  how are the goats?  is Daisy back to herself now?

Not much else here, beautiful day, low humidity but will be in the  80's.....it was 57 here this morning....so it's coming......boo.

Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Thanks for getting us started Susan.  Hope your cleaning goes well.

Hi Marijane -- we used the new shower head and bars this morning, and it went pretty well.  I need to get a few more things straight (long story), but I am very happy the new set-up is in and working.  And, DH said he was happy to have the grab bars.

I'm headed for my strong bones workout soon, and then I will pick up DH and take him for his neurologist appointment.  I am not sure if we will go to the store or the gym this afternoon, or maybe both.  

Waves to Jean (hope work goes well), Kathleen, Arlene, twinny (hope your trip is fun), Charlene, LindaR, Bernie (hope work goes okay today), Barbara, snicks, Rosa, Karen, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

No TSV for me either -- not a big jewelry wearer, and I have more than enough.  

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies, today was ruin home and get the mail day. I tried to get a nap but it didn't work. Dozed but no sleep. Just waiting in the dryer so i can head back to "city home". Thought i was going to get to the beach but maybe not until next week. It was nice Thu have brunch work my best friend. Haven't looked at a tsv in ages.
Honored Contributor

Hello to all, thanks for starting us off today PAlady. No jewelry for me either, I don't wear it very much anymore and have more than I need also. It is pretty though.

Genny1, not much going on here either, another beautiful day, although the humidity is creeping back up also.

LL, so glad the grab bars and shower head are working for you and DH. Hope the doc appt, exercise class and shopping go well.

RC, beach next week will be fun, enjoy.

I did manage to finish mowing the yard yesterday, with many breaks, told hubby that the rider HAS to get fixed, can't do that again.Lol. I was very stiff and sore this morning, but once I forced myself to get moving I loosened up somewhat, so that is good. Got laundry and dishes done, house straightened up (not cleaned, just straightened, lol), and headed outside. Started on the remaining long side of the pool, doing cleanup/cutting back of plants out there, I think about another 45 minutes or so and I will be done (plan to do that later today). Gee, lol, then what will I do with myself, I've gone over the entire yard and pool area, just wait for leaves to start falling I guess. Ha, I have plenty of indoor cleaning waiting for me, darn it. I much prefer to do outside work to indoor work, but will need to make an effort starting tomorrow, or not, ha! Such an exciting life I live. Waves to all. Have a great day.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  It's another cooler day today; it actually went down to the 50s last night. This week will be in the low 80s but warmer next week; I'm not ready to give up my pool time just yet.  Cat Sad

The ISP tech actually came early yesterday - he called and asked if it was OK.  He gave me a new router; the "old" one (only a few months old) was allegedly the source of my problems, so hopefully the disconnnects and slow speeds are now a thing of the past. They claim to be the fastest internet in the country, but that sure wasn't the case!

You all sometimes make me peek at the TSV, but I have no interest in even looking if it's jewelry.  I have a jewelry armoir that's packed, and whereas when I was working I'd carefully coordinate my jewelry with my outfit (my lingerie as well) every day, now I pretty much wear the same rings, necklace, and earrings almost all the time; in fact, I don't even remember when I last changed my rings out, and I almost never take the necklace off. I have some beautiful rings, but they're fairly delicate and some need stones replaced; for everyday I have on gold ones with no gems.  One of the things requested for the big party for the female troops was jewelry, so I was able to clean out the armoir and get a bunch together for them.  That was really fun! Cat Happy

LindaL, it's nice to have something to grab onto even if you don't have physical problems.  My tub has a short bar built into the surround, and it was a lifesaver when I had the sciatica! 

Snicks, I also need to get some yard work done too; the front grass isn't bad, but a lot of weeds need pulling. The former owners of the house did some nice landscaping, but I'm not into yard work at all and just do the minimum. 

I took the girls for a ride last night; I was out of milk, so we went to Publix as Lactaid is on sale this week. Since I'm so broke I returned some Activia yogurt - one four-pack was unopened, which I knew they'd take, and two four-packs each had one container missing and I wasn't sure they're take a return on them or not, but I figured it was worth a try.  I've learned the hard way to look very closely at labels - manufacturers used to put the "Splenda" logo in a prominent place, but now they just put "sucralose" in tiny lettering; I didn't realize the yogurt had that in it until I ate some, and didn't feel well afterwards.  Anyway, they were very nice about taking it all back, so I got the milk and a few other things, including a package of Pepperidge Farm cookies that were on sale.  Well...I was planning to go back to Publix this weekend anyway (if I write a check I can get $25 cash, and it won't clear before funds are in) and it looks like I have another return - I opened the package of cookies, and they're totally smashed and entirely in crumbs.  (sigh)  Cat Frustrated

I'm on the new laptop; I got it all set up yesterday, and it was easier than I thought - both browsers I use have a sync feature, so everything came right over.  Both laptops are Acer, so I should be able to use their cloud to move  documents and pictures that were on the old one.  The new one isn't a touch-screen and doesn't have the extra little features like a lighted keyboard, but for less than 1/3 the price of the other I shouldn't complain.

Nothing special planned for today, apart from homework and making cupcakes.  Tomorrow I have a bunch of errands - getting the packages for the ladies' party mailed, delivering shoes for the Orphan Souls drive, taking cupcakes to the guy from the ISP who went out of his way to do all kinds of things on my computer that technically weren't his job, going to the bank to get reimbursed for mailing the packages....I'll write a check at the PO, then the money goes right back in. Oh, all this high finance!  Cat LOL

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Honored Contributor

Susan, thanks for getting us started today.  I have no interest in the TSV either.  I've donated many sterling pieces to my local Salvation Army, the last thing I need to do is add more :-)

Marijane - it's been chilly in the morning and in the 70 degree range for me most of the week.  I think it's supposed to warm up and get humid this weekend - blech.

LindaL - I'm glad that your handyman installed what you needed installed.  I'm all for grab bars to make the tub or shower feel more secure.

Kathleen - running back and forth between two residences is a PITA.  Good luck with that :-)

Snicks - You may not think your life is exciting, but you sure manage to stay more than busy :-)  Is your headache improving  - code for - gone yet?

Arlene - I hope your interest services lives up to the hype. Congrats on the new laptop.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon everyone!  No interest in the TSV for me either.  I've got a lot of jewelry already, and I think Judith's pieces, while pretty, don't fit my lifestyle and are too expensive.  Genny- Daisy's doing great.  I get 2 cups of milk from her every evening, providing she doesn't kick the bucket over.  We've been eating lots of yogurt and pudding this summer  Some of my stock purchases are ahead, and some of them are still behind.  That's okay, I'm willing to hold them for years.  I'm still anticipating the market might go lower, so I might be purchasing more, but only when they're on sale.  Bernie - sorry about the hassles at your work.  Hope things will continue to work out in your favor.  LindaL - your DGS's encounter with the angry football father sounded scary.  The fact that the man pulled your DGS out of the car and pushed him in the chest might be construed as assault.  I'm proud of your DGS for maintaining his cool in the face of such an ugly situation.  I really do hope that whoever is in charge of the program will support him, and give a warning to the father.

Well, my 3 day non-shopping streak came to an end yesterday.  The dentist's office is next door to the library, so I went in and bought some inexpensive used books in their little book store.  Me bad.  Still eating healthier, so I'll give myself credit for something good.   ~   Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

DH & I got home about an hour ago. He is outside mowing & I answered all of the phone messages that we got the last 3 days. Most to do with my MIL's 90th birthday party being held at one of my BIL's pool partyon Saturday. My MIL sold her car while we were gone but she has access to one of her DGS's car for the spring/fall/summer months., There is no taxi service where she lives so that will be a help to her. She doesn't drive much anyway & not in the wintertime. DH & I had a very nice mini trip. The weather was perfect on Monday. Sunny & 70's. Tues. & Weds. were cloudy & near 70. We stayed in a very nice B & B on Monday night & met a nice couple staying there too. We all went to the huge flea market on Tuesday. I was very tired but did buy a few things as did my DH. I bought a small glass finger nail file to keep in our vehicle & a new bathtub stopper. Exciting I know but they were what I needed. DH did buy two belts. On Weds. we went to a very large Amish auction. I have been putting these two events off for years as I didn't think I could do that much walking. 12 auctioneers going at it at the same time. Much fun but didn't bid on anything. We were both chickens. We did have 3 nice Amish lunches too. On the way home I purchased 2 pairs of slacks from Kohl's as I needed a new black pair & a new navy pair. Also a pair of slides like the blue & red ones I bought a few months ago. They have a low wedge non slip heel & memory foam so very comfy. These are metallic & were only just over $7.00 from the original price of $45. My DH has his 50th class reunion in Sept. so I am getting all ready for two nights of fun. I will read what you all have been up to today & might respond later if I have any energy left after dinner. Tomorrow will be busy with company coming sometime in the afternoon. Hugs to all of you.
Respected Contributor

Bird, I thought of you when I saw this story - really sweet!  Cat Happy

This Little Bird Never Forgot the Family that Saved Her (16 Photos)