Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday, August 30th

Argh. Post disappeared

Linda. Love your pics. Good luck with your appointments. Hope you get good results
Respected Contributor

Well, I'm home - I realized that after I made my cupcakes I'd have only one egg left, so I loaded the dogs in the car and we went to Aldi for eggs, water, and a couple of other things.  I had a coupon for a free bag of bird seed from Wild Birds Unlimited that expires tomorrow, so I picked that up; the coupon also offered $5 off a purchase of $25 or more, but...couldn't do it.  Those greedy little buggers have almost finished the 20# bag I bought a little over a week ago, so this will hold them until I can buy more later this week. My last $2 went for chicken nuggets for my babies; Central Park had them for $1.99 for a dozen, so they're happy.  They get so excited whenever we go to a drive-thru of any kind!  Cat Happy

Thanks for the prayers, Charlene; I really need them right now. 

Bird, my "donut" has a hole in it, and I never got around to replacing it.  As for changing a tire, no, I don't know how to do it but it wouldn't do me any good even if I did - because of my disability I'm not able to handle it; I have very little strength in my hands and there's no way I could tighten the nuts to where I'd feel safe even if I could get the tire off.  (I can bench press 15 pounds...)  

I guess I'll get my car washed, as it really needs it, then get down to my baking.

Have a peaceful night, everyone. 

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, hope everyone is/did enjoy a nice Sunday. Thanks for starting the thread birdmama. It is humid here today so the AC is running. "Back in the day", I could change a tire in under 10 minutes, just from having to do it so often, lol. (I did however get dirty!) It's been many, many years now since I have changed on and hope never to have to again, altho I expect I could still do it, ugh!

PAlady, hope your mums bounce back from the heavy rain hitting them. I also like watching mafia movies.

cerb, sorry you have a sinus headache today, I had migraines 3 days in a row last week, so I feel for you.

FHG, glad you got your homework done and I hope you enjoyed making the cupcakes.

twinny, glad the party was a success. Good luck on getting the laundry caught up, glad you don't have housework needing done also. I also do my housework before I go on a trip. Can't stand to come home to a house needing cleaned, lol.

KK, beautiful picture of the moon. I am not great as a photographer. Sorry you didn't feel like making the trip to the city today. Get some rest.

LL, another photographer, that is nice. I have often thought that I would like to take up photography as a hobby, but I'm just not good at it. Point & shoot cameras are about the most I can deal with. Glad you enjoyed church and your exercises today. Good luck on the tests tomorrow.

kittyfan, don't you hate it when you type in a post and it disappears? I know I do. Most times I just skip posting at all when that happens.

I am almost completely done with outside work, until leaves fall in earnest, except mowing of course. Totally spaced out a a large (7-8') shrub that I need to prune back, I will need to get out the stepladder to get that done, maybe this week or next, no hurry. Today, since my computer has been progressively getting slower, I took it back to like it was when I took it out of the box and have been putting things back on this afternoon. Hoping I don't mess something up as I am not a tech genius, by a long shot. Wish me luck, lol. Seems to be working so far, but I do still have the hopping on this website, darn it, I was hoping that maybe I could fix that problem on my end, but no such luck. We made a (what turned out to be) major grocery shopping run today. Didn't think we were out of so much, but we were. Was glad that hubby was here to carry most of it in for me.  Guess its too late to take a nap but I sure would like to, lol. Have a nice evening everyone.

"To each their own, in all things".