Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Monday April 25th

Hi ladies - I've never start off our thread before, but I thought I'd give it a try.  

My DH and I spent the weekend painting the new storage shed.  We had a paint sample that matched our barn color (gray with just a tinge of blue), so took that to Lowe's where their computer will match it.  Ha!  Not something I recommend.  The storage shed is now a decidedly light blue color.  It's a very pretty color, maybe one you would use to paint a baby boy's bedroom.  But it is not anywhere near a close match to the barn. Gray barn, blue shed.  Humph.  Oh well, at least the shed is painted, with the inside painted white.   I have to let it dry for a couple of days before I can start moving stuff in.  (Note to self - quit acquiring more "stuff")

Good for all of you cleaning out your closets and donating clothing to charities.  I donated a number of items at the beginning of last year, but haven't worked on it this year.  I'm hanging on to the items that would fit if I lost 10-20 pounds.  You never know!

I have my yearly physical with my general practitioner doctor today.  Not really looking forward to it, but it has to be done.  

Hope you all have a good Monday!  ~  Charlene

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Monday April 25th

@cerb

Hi Charlene, thanks for starting us off today.  I've never tried to have a computer match my color and don't think I will try it moving forward, lol.

Good luck with the doctor visit - yech.  I saw my endocrinologist last Wednesday (see her annually) and am glad that's over.  My annual doesn't come around until October - autumn time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Charlene.  Hope your physical goes well.  I have mine next Monday, and today was the day for "lab" work -- just bloodwork.  I was surprised they didn't ask for urine sample, but I'm not complaining.  It is too bad about the incorrect barn color.  I am thinking of having our house painted, and I am concerned that the paint that I want may not be exactly what I get.  Don't know if that makes sense, but.....

I have so much more work to do on de-cluttering my closet.  But, I did find two pieces yesterday.  I keep telling myself that one piece a day would really help if I did this every day for a month or so.  Probably not going to happen.  I keep forgetting to tell you how much I like the Susan Graver top you ordered and then I ordered from eBay.  It is not my usual style, but I think it looks cute, and it puts a smile on my face.  The Wal-Mart checker complimented me on it last week.  I have not found it again on eBay, which is probably for the best since I do not need more clothes for sure.

DH slept better last night, thank goodness.  He did get up a couple of times, and he also had trouble remembering how to lay down in bed.  Oh well.....  His caregiver was late this morning since her first patient was fighting her giving him a shower -- even tried to punch her in the stomach.  Thank goodness DH is still such a sweet guy.

I need a few things at the grocery, and I need to take a walk and exercise.  I started doing a bit of cleaning yesterday, and that needs to continue today.  

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, Bernie, twinny (hope your infusion went okay), Susan, Marijane, snicks, Esse, Barbara, Gayle, pinky ann, Rosa, LindaR, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Charlene!  Thank you for starting us! Sorry the color isn't right - the blue tinged grey sounds lovely. I think and think and think about decorating, but then never do anything.  I'm very impressed with you painters and decorators! I seem to get easily paralyzed with indecision. Are you enjoying your fitbit?

I drove to country home this morning. I hope to do some tidying and a lot of picking up outside.  Wish I was better with the outside appliances. Need to mow and would like to powerwash and restain the deck. Those will likely have to wait for DH.

DD posted a picture of her boat this morning - so pretty!  I'm so excited for her.  I hope you all don't get sick of my broken record "DD talk".  Oldest is here still sleeping. Kyanne went back to her bedroom and made noise first thing.  I think she goes and whines for a hello, because it was more of a yip than a bark. 

Well, couldn't watch TV because I bought the fanciest receiver and you know we can barely operate it.  Sometimes it gets stuck in some mode where we fiddle and fiddle and finally fix it but never know quite how we did it.  I better go try some more. Little bits at a time.

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @cerb for the start, you did good, maybe the shed blue will "weather" to gray?

Linda, glad DH got a better nite's sleep so you could also, does make a difference in how the day goes.

We have an 80 day today, don't think it got there yesterday, but it definitely is today, had the a/c on in the car, can't believe it worked, every year I used to have to put freon in, then got some Ac1, I think it's called, used that & haven't had a problem since, car is 18 yrs!

Just back from Sam's, gas of course is higher than it has been, "they're" playing games again. Did go into the store for a few things, looked at the clothes but the pants were all capri & I don't do those, look like floods on me or that's the way I see them.  But I did order a summery clearance top from evine, looks really cute & good reviews, now I have to follow the rule & get rid of 1 (probably many)

Weather is supposed to be much cooler tomorrow, the airport probably has the a/c on & it'll be freezing there.

Have a good evening all

Essie

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's an absolutely gorgeous day - bright and sunny with temps in the 80s. I'm headed out in a little while; I did make cupcakes last night, but I move slowly on Mondays so I won't go to the bank in Jasper until tomorrow - it's supposed to be another beautiful day.  Today I need to get some military packages mailed to a chaplain on a ship, exchange my tops at Sam's for a smaller size, and drop off cupcakes at the other branch of my mechanic, since the tech there was kind enough to tell me what was probably wrong with my car (letting the gas get too low) and suggested I try keeping the tank over 1/4 full to see if that fixed the problem - no charge, and he didn't make me waste money on tests that probably wouldn't be necessary like most places would.

Last night we went for a drive to a Dollar Tree that's a bit distant, just for the sake of getting out  - I just needed to get a folder to put my completed pictures in and another water bowl for the outside cats - I discovered that the one I had out there was cracked and leaking. Please don't be envious of my exciting life...  Cat LOL

Sorry to hear about the paint, Charlene - I'd have returned it.  I have to go to Lowe's to get some paint matched to my almost solid wallpaper so I can repair where the cats tore it. Thankfully with the nice weather most of them prefer to say outside and Shoshanna - who is the guilty party - has become a permanent outside cat along with Velcro, who likes to pee on electrical outlets.  (sigh) 

Like you, most of my wardrobe will work better when I lose 15 pounds. I'm determined to do it; I'm going to stick to one big meal a day and two small ones, like soup or cereal, with only one treat (my downfall) allowed per day. I just ordered a few flavors of Peace cereal (all natural and non-GMO) from Amazon; they have great flavors, like mango peach passion.  Last night I made a pot of stuffed cabbage; that will give me enough for four meals, with only about 4 oz. of meat per meal but lots of extra cabbage so that'll be nice and healthy and fairly low calorie.

Essie, I have the same problem with my Angelica - she's very strong and I don't have the upper body strength to be able to control her on a leash; she pulls me over. Poor thing - she's getting chubby, but there's nothing I can do about it.

LindaL, glad to hear your husband is still sweet; my cousin was telling me that her mom would sometimes bite and scratch her.  Praying that doesn't happen to your DH. My landlord's wife in Hawaii had Alzheimer's, and she was always as sweet and complacent as could be.  He adored her - when the doctors told him he had six weeks to live, by sheer will he stayed alive so he could continue to care for her so she wouldn't have to go into a nursing home. She liked to spend her days separating two-ply toilet paper, and he kept a closet full, so she'd never run out.  I sure wish I had someone who loved me that much...

Well, I guess I should get dressed and get moving; have a blessed day everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone! I finally got my new modem or router installed. I took today off from work as the telephone company was expected to be here sometime between 8 and 5. After 5 calls from the sub line, I got a call from my favorite school. Essentially, they were having a severe shortage in subs and if the telephone company came early to let them know AT 8am, the telephone company called and said they would be right over. At 9:15, I was at the school and they were good enough to credit me with a full day despite it being almost 3/4  of a day. So this has been a Win-Win day. Then when I walked into the house, I saw that Midnight had barfed on the good rug. Now, to clean that up.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Great to see you back online.   Sorry Midnight chucked on the rug.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Glad you are back and were able to work today, Jean.  Sorry about Midnight's accident.  Hope he is okay.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so tired so I don't have the energy to address each. I did receive the QF capris which are a nice fit for me.  I work tomorrow in an elementary school. Midnight appears to be fine; I guess something disagreed with his tummy. No damage was done to the carpet.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.