Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - May 19th

@birdmama your sister is so lucky to have you, glad to know what the problem is so now they can work at fixing things, you are a godsend!

I know what you mean about the niece, it's always the kids that suffer the most, but we can only offer comfort when they need it.

@butterfly123, Welcome, this is a good group of very nice & supportive people, I'm fairly new but always feel very welcome, please join us whenever you can

Hope all have a good evening

Essie

Respected Contributor

Welcome to our group Butterfly.  Please stop in and post whenever you can.  Sometimes I feel bad for just "driving by" and barely posting - but we all have different seasons and life circumstances that allow us to post more or less - and I know (I'm way too hard on myself) we all love seeing new and old friends here.

It rained for 4 hours and the nice part is that I didn't need the AC on for quite a while.  Now I'm about to turn it on again because I'm winding things up here at the house.  Or trying to. Everything looks different!  I've slowly rearranged furniture as I've gotten new ideas.

The power went out so I ran errands.  I have a pile of things for thrift and a pile of things for the dump but likely will just leave it all here for now. Will take some trash tomorrow.  I threw the dog's "snakey" and it hit the old fan on the floor in the kitchen and the fan started spinning.  She wanted her toy but not bad enough to go near a moving object!!  Too funny!!

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123

This is a great group of women to chat with, welcome.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama And everyone

Thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate reading kind, caring and compassionate posts from woman like yourselves.🙂

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat, glad you have your hotel room near St. Louis booked for your trip, hope you have a great time. Branson is a nice place to visit. I too like having windows open whenever possible.

@LindaLatte, sure hope you get all your electronics hooked up and running. I am not tech-savvy, at all, so it all just confuses me, lol. So sorry the wheelchair did not work out well for you and DH, it sure would have been nice if it had. 4:30 was about the same time I got up today. You have a lot going on and you are still ahead of me in the decluttering/clearing out of unneeded items.

@spix, glad you will finally get to do your outdoor planting, it has been a very cool/rainy wait to get to dig in the dirt, lol. I think I have just forgotten, but how many days a week do you volunteer at O'Hare?

@Bird mama, pretty jewlery, I don't wear what I already own, so I know better, finally, than to buy any more, lol. Really hope that your sister can be on her way to better health now that they have determined what is wrong. I, too, am looking forward to the Earth shoe pre-ordered shoes arriving, sure hope I like them.

@Rock_chick, hope your new fan works well for you. That was nice that an employee helped you out with the purchase.

@butterfly123, welcome and feel free to join in, anytime. I am fairly new to this nice group of ladies myself and have been made to feel welcome by everyone.

@CERB, ((hugs)) re: Rosie, it hurts our hearts when we lose a pet, I am proud of your DD also in her handling of the situation. And thanks to your DH for preparing her resting place. Hope you enjoyed the Bible study and the potluck.

@sydsgma1, hope you enjoyed your knitting group and planting flowers, if your hands held up to it. My fingers give me fits if it is cold and damp. Good luck with the mess of your street, mine is still not totally finished, after 6 months.

I helped as much as I could with the wedding prep today. The rest takes more talent than I have, lol. My daughter and I got everything organized, at her house, got all the various vases, containers, etc. washed and ready with colored glass beads for the arrangements to be placed in cleared out many boxes, etc, that all the greenery and flowers came in, and did a little shopping for odds & ends still needed. Tonight a friend of her (also a professional florist) will be putting the arrangements together, so it looks like it's all coming together. Tomorrow she will be decorating the reception hall (not sure if she will need my help with that or not), but I'm willing, if she does. My granddaughter will wear my mother (her great-grandmother's) ring as her "something old", which did my heart good. I offered and she loved the idea. Got home in time to grill some steaks and make baked potatoes and salad for dinner. Now I'm done, lol. Hope everyone has a great evening. Waves again.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Awwww @Snicks1  reading that your granddaughter will be wearing your Ma's ring choked me up.  That is so beautiful.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Me too, @Bird mama, me too. My daughter cried.
Respected Contributor

@Snicks1, I'm at O'Hare every Tuesday at the info desk, other days depending on entertainment schedule (as today) or when I do "meet & greet" mostly wounded warriors, which I love to do but it does take a lot out of you, seeing those "kids" with major issues, I usually end up crying after I leave them.

The wedding is really coming along, sounds beautiful, & the ring of your DM is a lovely touch, wishing them much happiness.

Essie

Honored Contributor

@spix, @Bird mama, not to drag this part of the conversation over into today's thread...my granddaughter never got to meet my mother as she had passed before she was born, and my daughter also carried mom's ring at her wedding, so doubly special, to me, anyway. Thanks for your warm wishes for them.

spix, meeting the wounded warriors would indeed be emotional for me. Bless you for doing that.