Honored Contributor

Shopaholics - ODAT - Friday, March 23rd

Good Morning and Happy Friday to all. 

Well, I received my Joan Rivers necklace last night and I'm about to stroll over to the post office to return it.  Some of the ruby/garnet beads had white pitted spots on them.  No way to hide them and not inclined to do so when the cost of the necklace was near $80.  I expected better from Joan's private collection.

The morning commute was a little hairy as the police blocked off one of the major streets I use on my way to the freeway because of an accident.  The cops stopped all of us at a mile road and I could see roughly 1/2 mile south of where we were blocked that there was an ambulance and lots of flashing lights.

That area in the road is a crosswalk for employees at the Chrysler plant.  Hope no one was struck by a car.  I need to check the local news online and see what happened.

It's mostly cloudy here with some milder temps.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT - Friday, March 23rd

Hi ladies,

Image result for friday greetings pics

Trusted Contributor

Hi Bernie - and everyone else who visits today.  I've had problems logging on the past few days.  Don't know why.  Sorry that the JR necklace didn't work out for you.  I had ordered the Vionic TSV sandal, and it didn't work for me either.  When Vionic does a TSV they need to include half sizes.  I've found that the 8 is too long, and the 7 is too short.  I need a 7 1/2.  

I don't remember all the details I posted about my DC's drama.  Yesterday my DS's may have gotten resolved.  He was on the waiting list for one of the required classes he needed and was accepted into that class.  The other one he needs is an Intro to Computer Science class, and it looks like he'll be allowed to challenge the class.  He will need to take the final for that class and pass to get credit for it.  (When he was in high school he scored 5 on both AP Computer tests he took, which means that he has college credit for computer classes which are more difficult than this intro to computer class.)  I've had enough of that roller coaster ride.  Sure hope my DS learns from this and doesn't keep repeating the same mistakes.

My DD presented her "grand rounds" yesterday, which is her big presentation of a case to clinicians and fellow students.  The case she chose was the donkey that got a pacemaker.  She did it yesterday and said that it went really well, powerpoint and all.  I don't remember if I mentioned this previously, but she's also been offered a position at the clinic here in our home town, where she has worked off-and-on for years.  So excited that she has a job offer lined up.  Next for her is taking her state licensing board this coming Monday.  

I was feeling a lot of stress the past few days, and the bad heartburn I was experiencing returned.  I guess that means I need to watch that stress. Today I am planning a nice quiet day of puttering around the house.  

Thanks for "listening".  Hope you all are doing well!  ~  Charlene

Respected Contributor

Cerb..I was reading and you mentioned bad heartburn.. I am not an alarmist but please get that checked out. One of my friends had bad heartburn off and on and it turned out that she had had a silent heart attack. She is fine now.

Congrats to your dd..Sydnie wants to be a vet. 

Take care.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting the thread today, hope no one was hurt this morning.  Sorry the necklace you ordered did not work out.  Are you going to reorder or just let it go.

Meallen - Nice graphic today.

Charlene - Hope it all works out for your son.  Hope DD passes her tests on Monday (we all know she will, with flying colors).  Hope your heartburns stops, may just be too much pressure for you (DD and DS), if it doesn't go away, I would check with the doctor.

Not much going on here, we had a lot of rain last night and early this morning, now I have a sinus headache that just will not stop. We are having a sunny day now though, hoping it sticks around.

I am procrastinating about cleaning up my "dressing room".  It has my vanity and shoe closet and a dresser and amior in it.  I keep trying to get it cleaned up and keep it cleaned up, but it just is not working.  I get this room 90% cleaned up and then I stop.  The problem is once I stop, I make it my catch all room.  Well, it is a junk mess right now, I am trying to talk myself in to working on it.  We will see how this goes.

Not much else going on here, guess that is not a bad thing.  Hope everyone has a great day.

Honored Contributor

@PAlady

I'm not going to reorder the necklace. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, sorry about the poor quality JR necklace.  Hopefully, not a real bad accident on your way to work.

CERB, I am sorry about your heartburn.  Hopefully it is stress from your DC & will soon go away.  Praying that your DD passes her tests with flying colors.  Happy that she already has a job offer too.

Susan, good luck with finishing your decluttering.  Can you remove a piece of furniture & put it elsewhere?   I am one that doesn't like a lot of clutter.  When mom passed away last year, I had no problem getting rid of her things.  My sibs wanted very little, so out it went.  I am not a sentimental person & our DC won't want our stuff either.

It was so nice hot tubbing again.  My infusion was extra long yesterday & I am tired after getting groceries this afternoon.  I wanted to walk, but don't have enough vim & vigor yet.

We had a mini thunderstorm/hail storm last night.  It is 72° & partly cloudy now & will be cooler tomorrow & then 50's all of next week!  The tulips & day lilies are coming up.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Sorry about that necklace.  Hope that no one was seriously hurt in that accident.  Glad you are having milder temperatures.

Nice graphic, meallen.

Hope things work out for your son, Charlene.  Also hope your DD passes that test with flying colors.  I expect she will, but a few extra good thoughts never hurt.  Sorry about your heartburn.  I have had that in the past, and it is certainly not fun.

Good luck with your de-cluttering, Susan.  I know how difficult it can be to accomplish everything you want to do in that area.

Nice that you were able to enjoy the hottub, twinny.  Too bad your infusion took so long yesterday.

I had a call from hospice this morning (around 7:00.)  The facility thought he might have had a seizure or stroke, and called the paramedics.  They found that he was okay, but hospice sent the nurse (who had just been there yesterday afternoon).  And, the hospice caregiver also was there (regular visit).  I contacted the nurse to see if I should skip class (Middle East history), and go to the facility, but she said he was okay -- vitals, etc.  And, he was eating a good breakfast.  He does have a few scrapes and small bandages.  But, he seems to be okay.  

My osteoporosis drug had arrived at the doctor's office yesterday, and I was able to have the injection right after class.  The doctor and I discussed some of the possible adverse reactions.  While there are some pretty serious possible reactions, osteoporosis can lead to fractures which are very bad.  I really don't need to worry about it for another six months, but I guess I will probably continue with the injections.

I need to pick up some allergy medicine (OTC) for DH, as well as some allergy eye drops.  I'll have a quick lunch and then do the shopping.  I'll be visiting DH again later.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. to Kathleen -- glad you don't need to worry about moving for a while.  I find people around here (Arizona) are a little friendlier than in Maryland.  Not sure if it is because we live in a retirement area of just the different location.  

Honored Contributor

I promise I am not trying to get into your business Jean @KonaKat.  You okay?