Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Friday, January, 27th

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

We are getting a little snow today, just a dusting so far.  The temps. have dropped, guess our warm spell is over.  I have a bad feeling we will pay for that in the coming months.

Got the grocery shopping done and now am simmering Santa Fe Chili on the stove.  Never made this before, so this should be interesting.

Not much going on here today, may do some cleaning.  Of course today is wash day, so that is also getting done.  I know, my life is just so exciting.

What is everyone one up to today?  Have a good morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday, January, 27th

Related image

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Susan...we have something in  common I also went to the supermarket this morning and our weather had changed too...feels like winter  after several nice days and a lot of rain....hope you are wrong about paying for it later.  I am not making chili but some Chinese chicken lettuce wraps..haven't made them in some time.       That's my exciting day here......have a nice day everyone... Marijane 

Thanks for the graphic Meallen....hope you are having a great day too!

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies!!!  I haven't posted in some time, but I have been reading to keep up with everyone.  The weather is changing here in NYC too.  But, I would like some real cold to get rid of all the germs and stuff that seems to be going around.  I'm a snow lover too, so I wouldn't mind a little of that as well.

Nothing much to report in my neck of the woods...it's tax season so I'm working 6 days a week.  Busy, for sure!!

Hope you all enjoy a peaceful weekend!!!

Honored Contributor

TGIF :-)

It's cold here and I'm seeing occasional flurries.  No accumulation yet.  Now this is winter in Michigan.  I received my JCP order - everything fits and I am pleased with my purchases. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today started out with a boom instead of a bang. Since we are having friends for dinner tonight, we decided to celebrate my birthday with a nice breakfast out.  We went to our favorite restaurant & had a wonderful ham & cheese omelet, hash browns & wheat toast & coffee.   By the time that we got done grocery shopping, I had hives on my arm &  a swollen right eye.  I took 2 allergy tablets & went to bed.  Woke up feeling much better, but my eye is still swollen.

I am making meatball stew, garlic bread, peach jello/Mountain Dew & strawberry shortcake for dessert.  Need to start supper now as they are coming at 5:00.  I hope that us ladies have wonderful cards.  They are a fun couple.  Years ago, my DH had a surprise party for me & for my gag gift, she brought me a black fringey top/little skimpy bottom.  For some reason, I cannot part with it.  When we need a good laugh, I will get it out.

We got 3" of snow on Tuesday night & about another inch on Wednesday night.  I am loving it & also looking for some cold weather to kill the nasty germs.

eta:  my infusion yesterday was longer than normal, but I will soon be the Energized Bunny.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Karen, so good to "see" you! I love snow to and am a bit disappointed that we don't have any. It did get cold here but lately has been in the 50's. The temp depends greatly on location. Up the hill can be quite a difference.
Twinny, I hope you feel better. That is always shocking to have a reaction like that.

Bernie, I ordered from JCP last month and am so happy with my purchase. I gone to buying tunics only, and perusing TALL departments and the tee I got at JCP is perfect. I want to go back and get a purple.

Susan, the chili sounds good. What kinds of beans?

Marijane, I am missing my PFChangs and Pei Wei (the same good but cheaper fast food version). I found a Quiznos subs here (LOVE) but our fave steakhouse is no where to be found. There are others but we are picky steak people and have never found any consistantly as good. We haven't even looked here but that is my plan this weekend.

I've been a little down. DD is in Austin and I wish I was there. I miss my family and friends. I need to color my hair today and take puppy for a walk. Those are my only objectives. 😊
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan. I think it is supposed to get warmer here, which is fine by me.  We have been having highs in the 50's and lows in the upper 20's.   Not that it is really cold, but I find it unpleasant to walk in the cool/cold wind, even if it is sunny.  Enjoy your chili.  I will be having chicken meatballs again -- I tried some,, and really enjoy them.   Pretty lazy not making my own, but.....

Hi meallan, Marijane, and Bernie.  Good to see you posting Karen and Kathleen.  Sounds like a very busy time for you Karen.  I was thinking that I don't know how I could handle lack of high speed internet, Kathleen.  Am I spoiled or what?  Glad you like your JCP purchases.  I have to admit Bernie has me interested in shopping there as well.  But, I have not done so in quite a while.  Hope you feel more cheerful soon.

Sorry to hear about your reaction, twinny.  I hope your "batteries" kick in soon, and you have lots of fun with your friends.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Nothing exciting to report here.  I had class (Islam) this morning, and visited DH.  He was doing okay, but not able to walk much, etc.  I called his son so they could talk, and I'll call his daughter when I go back to feed him dinner.  

I finally received my IM jeans, but they just didn't work -- all my fault.  I kept going back and forth on sizes, and ended up ordering the regular rather than the petite.  I know I could have hemmed them, but I just didn't feel like doing so.  Oh well.....

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good evening everyone, hope your day went well.

Kathleen -  There are kidney beans, black beans, and pinto beans in this chili.  Of course, I bought a can of corn to put in it, I got home opened the can and found out I bought cream corn.  I used frozen corn because I was not going back to the store.  We are going to have it tomorrow night for supper.  Of course I will make corn bread muffins to go with it.

Linda -  Hope DH is doing well to night.

Karen -  Hope you don't get too busy.

Phone is ringing, have to go.  Have a good evening everyone.

Respected Contributor

Susan everything is better with corn. 😁 for some reason I imagined a white bean green chili. It sounds yummy. I bought frozen enchiladas - like the frozen lasagne. Need to stop by the restaraunt and but the rice to go with it. I just can't make it tasty like they can.