Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday 4/29

Hi girls!

It's a beautiful day out - sunny with temps in the high 80s. Mark is supposed to come and do some work; he texted he'll he here around 4.  Yeah, well...I'll believe it when I see it!  Cat Frustrated

Last night we just took a drive to my favorite Walmart, about 10 miles away. (I can't stand the one near my home.) I did a bit of browsing, bought some ice cream cups for the dogs, and got a nightshirt for me - it's long enough and of a substantial enough fabric that I can wear it as a lounging dress, and since it was only $5.44 I decided to go for it...especially since I've put some nightshirts and PJs that I'm just plain tired of into the bag for the missions closet.  Nothing caught my eye, and I don't need anything - mostly I just needed to get out of the house.

I think my Clawd has a tapeworm. Cat Surprised  He's not one of my "snugglers," and I didn't realize how thin he'd gotten until I picked him up the other day. His behavior is normal, but I gave him some extra food and he went nuts - this cat is going through two cans of cat food at a time, twice a day, plus kibble, and then eyes MY food while I'm eating! I ordered some wormer from Amazon that kills every kind of worm a cat can have, and the flea pills I ordered from Little City Dogs for both the cats and dogs should be here by Monday - fleas are the primary way cats get worms.  I've only seen a rare occasional one this year, but Clawd is one of the kitties who likes to go outside. Come to think of it, I'd better sprinkle him (and the others) with some diatemacious earth....I also put some between the mattress pad and the sheets when I change the bed.

Twinny, should you happen to find yourself in the Chattanooga area, let me know - we can meet up! 

Good luck with the screamng kids, Marijane!  Cat LOL

Bird - I was planning to cut the grass again on Sunday, but rain is forecast for the next two days.  Usually I wait until the rain passes since that only makes it sprout up again overnight, but if Mark puts Angelica's kennel together today I'll have to at least do the area that it will be in.

I agree time is flying.  Well, I've done my clothes swap apart from purses - that won't take long, as all it involves is moving the summer purses to the shelves nearer the huge closet door and putting the winter ones further away. I'm thinking about some tops I wanted to donate, but darned if I can find them...maybe I'll take another look around this weekend and find even more I can give away. 

Guess I'd better get dressed in case Mark surprises me and shows up on time.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished reading all of your posts.

SNICK's, Congratulations on that new GGD.  She certainly is a good sized  baby.

Rosa, how was Moonshine?

Jean, it sounds like you are doing a great job in your decluttering.

Bird Mama & LINDAL, You both amaze me with  your thoughtfulness.

SUSAN, there is an Eiffel Tower here too.  Right now it is raining pretty good so we are still in McDonald's.

I did get an email from my niece saying that the c!osing on mom's house might be at the end of May.  That is if my brother can get off later in the day.  I'll be there for sure.  I am so glad that the estate sale is done.

I have no problem decluttering  & I never look back.  I did lots of it at mom's house as my brother didn't seem interested in helping & my DH & I could only do so much.  Thank goodness for good friends.

FHG, We will not be near Chattanooga.

The flooring will be done this week & the roof next on the list.

I'll post again when I can.  Even a rainy day is nice right now.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama - I almost forgot - I saw this last night and thought of you:

Rescued baby bird finds new family

Honored Contributor

@spix

Essie, the reason we didn't have a crowd for my Ma was that it wasn't necessarily that legal here either, rofl.

Here's what I did.   I took a small pipe (8-10 inches long) about 3/4 inch to an inch in diameter.  My sister brought a pretty garden stepping stone with a purple flower on it and I carefully pressed the pipe into the soft ground the withdrew it.  Some ashes went in the hole and then I tapped the pipe and the dirt that had filled the pipe plugged the hole.

Several holes in the grave, covered up with dirt and then the garden stone.

You would have never known I was doing anything other than tending the grave.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

That's what Poppi, Peewee and Presto looked like as babies.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama, you're a doll, Thanx for the clever idea, will use it 

Essie

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Thanks for getting us started Susan.  It is cloudy here, but I don't think we are expecting rain.  We need rain, so I won't complain if it comes.

Sounds like you have been pretty busy, snicks.  Hope you like the new to you dinner.  Sometimes it is fun to try something new.

Glad to see you posting twinny, and I hope you continue to have a nice vacation.  Good to get away and relax for a while.   Happy Birthday to your DH (I think he is having a birthday), and enjoy the fish fry.   I really like fried fish, particularly cod.  Not the healthiest way to prepare fish, but so tasty.

You have lots of good ideas Bernie.  As recommended by one of the caregivers in my group and hospice, I joined a consumer funeral organization (Funeral Consumers Alliance), and they discuss how to handle the ashes.  My SIL asked about spreading my brother's ashes over a small mountain near their home, and they said they could not give permission, but basically don't ask, don't tell.  My parents ashes are in a columbarium in Arlington National Cemetery (my Dad was in WWII).  It is a good place to visit when I'm in that area.

Hope your new project goes well and you enjoy the weekend.

Hugs to you Esse.  I still talk to my Mom and Dad many years after their passing.  Enjoy the chicken.

Hope the party isn't too noisy, Marijane.  Those kinds of parties can be very tiring for me.  Enjoy the baseball game.

I think it is wonderful that you have such a good relationship with Mark, but still have such a connection with your late husband, Rosa.  I remember when he kept waiting and waiting for the transplant.  What a shock it was when he passed.  He is in a better place, and you and your son are still holding him up in your hearts.

Good luck with Mark showing up and doing the needed work, Arlene.  Glad you were able to find a good bargain at Wal-Mart and also find things to donate.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Charlene, LindaR, pinky ann, Gayle, Barbara, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

DH had a bad night last night -- up so many times.  I found his relaxation/sleeping pill on the floor this morning.  He doesn't always swallow it, despite assuring me that he did.  Anyway, he had an accident this morning, and I used so many paper towels and spray it wasn't funny.  Took him to the "club", and then walked and did a few errands before going to the gym.  The termite inspector just came with the bill (he forgot it before), and the social worker may come this afternoon.  She is okay, but a bit flaky in my opinion.

Hope to get a good nights sleep tonight -- fingers crossed on that one.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

I can't believe it is already Friday.  Today I did some shopping for Mother'sDay and a few birthdays coming up. 

We have been addressing some things/projects that need to be done around the house.  Most will be hired out...my husband is still recovering from surgery so we aren't going to take on the labor of doing anything right now.  Actually, I am kind of relieved by that. 

I bought some resisitance bands for working out and started to do some more cardio.  I am finally seeing the results of stepping things up.  I can fit into a pair of walking shorts that were too snug for too long.  I was almost going to give them away and realized they now fit me...nice surprise.

Well I hope everyone has a good weekend.  We are supposed to be windy and rainy for the next couple of day so it may be indoors for us.   Gayle

Respected Contributor

Well, it's 6:30. I wasted the entire day waiting for Mr. Reliability, who never showed.  I texted that I assume he's not coming and I'm going out; he replied he has an emergency in Memphis.  Thanks for letting me know before I wasted my day sitting home!  Grrr....  Cat Mad

@Bird mama - I didn't realize you got them as babies; I assumed they were adults who were injured and you rescued...or maybe you said that and I forgot. 

@LindaL - Do you have Long John Silver's in your area?  They make a very tasty cod - fried or baked - although I prefer the fried. I don't have it often - every other month or so - as I know it's not the healthiest, but sometimes,  you gotta give in... Cat Wink

Well, I guess I'll try to salvage what I can of the wasted day before I get down to homework.  Have a good evening everyone!

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Poppi who will be 11 in June (God willing) and his sister Peewee (RIP) were hand raised straight outta the eggs.  Presto came to me at 4 days old.