Honored Contributor

Shopaholics - First Day of Spring (Mon, March 20th)

Hello and Happy First Day of Spring :-)

Image result for spring fashionista drawing

Our weather is mild and it's too bad the skies are overcast and grey.  Looks like rain at any minute, lol.

Work is keeping me occupied, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - First Day of Spring (Mon, March 20th)

Image result for first day of spring images

Esteemed Contributor

Happy First Day of Spring to you Bernie, and thanks for getting us started.  Cute graphic, and yours is cute as well, meallen.

It is more like summer here -- high expected in the 90's, but by Thursday our high is predicted to be in the high 60's or low 70's.  I'm okay with the heat, but it is a bit early for summer.  

I had a nice walk this morning, and I'll be visiting DH later this morning.  I know it is afternoon where many of you live, but we are three hours behind QVC time now.

My shopping plan for today is to go to Wal-Mart to pick up some health-related items (like vitamins and sunscreen) and maybe a couple of grocery items.   I have some house cleaning/organizing to do as well.  Should be a nice, quiet day. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Welcome back twinny.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Happy Spring and good morning to all ---

It was a beautiful weekend here, weather was wonderful.  Grilled outside this weekend, first of the season.

Today a bit cooler, but sun is shining.  by evening we should have, rain, snow and who knows what else.  Tomorrow, rain and snow, and in the 30s for highs.  Yikes - slippery roads again.  Our weather is unsettled this week, warm on Wednesday, more rain later in the week.  Guess we'll have some of everything.

Enjoying the wonderful, bright pictures today.  Thank you ladies.

@LindaLatte  Sounds like a nice, quiet day for you.  Enjoy it.

@twinny70  Welcome back.  Hope you had all kinds of fun.

Have a wonderful day all - keep those CCs on ice.  With an upcoming trip, our CCs will be locked up as much as possible before we travel.  I'm crossing my fingers for light CC traffic.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread and posting a lovely graphic to welcome us to Spring.

meallen--Thank you also for your lovely graphic. Both graphics have brightened the gloomy day

Linda--Your temps sound great to me. I hope your visit to WalMart is one in which you do targeted shopping and you don't become tempted by any of those aisle displays.

3suwm5--Your weather is somewhat like ours with its ups and downs. The first grilling of the season is promise of more good things to come.

I worked today and since the teacher had a planning period the last period of the day, I took advantage of it to get home early to see what Chase had in store for me today. Yesterday, I discovered a charge on one of my Chase cards I did not make. Someone signed up for Netfix using my account number. How they got that number is beyond me as I have that card in a home safe.

I do have Netflix but the program I have is at a different price tier than the charge. Yesterday, I used Chase's secure message center to let them know that a charge had been made that I did not make. Since my Netflix charge goes on another Chase card I carry, I attached a screen shot to show the date of the authorized charge and the amount of the charge on the other Chase card. I have no need to have two Netflix accounts.

When I got home, there was a message to call Chase's fraud department, which I did to verify some info. After five minutes, I will be getting a new account number and the other number is frozen. I will get the new card in about 5 days. I check my accounts daily just in case something like this might develop.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I just checked my Chase accounts online. Fast work! I already have a new account number for the compromised card. Now, to wait for the new card with that number.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

We are all home safe & sound.  The flight on Saturday was 3 1/4 hours nonstop to Rkfd.  My DH stopped at Walmart & my gf went into Ald's at a nearby town.

Yesterday we went to church, had lunch out & I did some much needed walking.  Then another friend stopped by with the newspapers & a nice visit.  She is a walking encyclopedia.  We went to bed at 9:00 last night.

I hung 3 large loads of laundry outside this morning & just got it all put away.  Now I just have to do one more load tomorrow.

The trip was fabulous in every way.  My BF's  DH is really struggling to walk.  PD is such a terrible disorder.  We had wonderful service at the resort.  After 2 days the staff recognized us & really helped Ken at the different restaurants.  

I am tired today with doing laundry, banking & getting a few groceries.  I had a bunch of phone calls from CVS pharmacy regarding sending me 2 RX's & getting another one authorized from my Dr.  Mission accomplished on that.

It is a beautiful 58° today.  A little cooler tomorrow, but very nice & no more predicted snow here.  It looks like Spring Has Sprung.

Nice graphics too.

Bird Mama, I am sending you some sunshine.

Jean, sorry about your CC mess.

Linda L, your day seems busy too.

3suwmn5, yes, our trip was fun.   I spent $0.  I don't need anything.  My DH only spent $ for my wheelchair pusher at the airports.  That was a Definite Need that I don't feel guilty about.  My BF did buy a really nice handmade handbag when a craft bizarre came to our resort for $20.

I am looking forward to my infusion on Thursday morning.  The timing on my last one wasn't real good because I like to get them before we are travelling.  Since it is $350 to flush my port, I took my chances that my port will be o.k. & didn't get it done before we went on vacation.   This charge to SS is ridiculous, especially since my infusions are now $11,886 for one 3 hour bag of Gama Gard.

Salads for dinner, because we  had too much fun eating on vacation.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Welcome back!! It sounds as if you had a wonderful time.Also, you may need a vacation to recover from all the post-vacation laundry and other activities.