Respected Contributor

Shopaholic Friends Wednesday

Good morning friends. I am at IKEA trying out some couches and chaise lounges. I hate the rv couch but it flips out to a bed. So am just researching options.

How is everyone today? We had home this evening, lots planned in the next few days.
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholic Friends Wednesday

Oh looking at options!! Glad you found a nice spot. I know you will be very busy and enjoy very tidbit.

At least you aren't heading home in Friday traffic but I am sure Sundsy will be busy on the roads
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Glad you found an RV park that may work well, Kathleen.  I have only been to IKEA a couple of times, but I really enjoyed shopping there.  Didn't buy much of anything, but as DH would say, "I got ideas...."  Good luck with your drive back home and with your busy weekend.  Hope your DH's new job is going well.

You have certainly been through the ringer with your plumbing issues, LindaR.  Hope there are no more unexpected expenses like that, and you can get back to more normal.

Hope the doctor can help with your leg weakness, snicks.  I always thought I would like stretchy jeans, but I have found they put way too much stretch in sometimes.  That results in jeans gradually falling down during the day, which can be very uncomfortable.

Quiet day planned here, and I'm very happy about that.  Work yesterday went well, but there were a few complications since we had many extra on the salad bar where I was working.  I went to my alternate fitness center, and used a different elliptical machine.  I always get my heart rate up and sweat on those machines, but for the first five minutes or so, I could not figure out how to change the settings for incline and effort, and it turns out that I had both very high.  So, I was concerned that I would do some harm to myself until I figured out how to reduce both to my "normal" levels.  Wow!  DH was a bit out of it yesterday afternoon, but we struggled through things.  I really hate dementia.

Cooking day today?  Another temptation-free day for me since I have way too many kitchen items/dinnerware, etc. already.  

Our walk went fine this morning except for a few threatening dogs (barking and lunging) -- no harm done, thank goodness.  Your dog story was horrible, twinny.  

The large saguaro cactus in next door neighbor's front yard suddenly fell down yesterday.  I don't know why since there was no rain, etc.  These are new neighbors, and I had puzzled about how to get in touch with them since they are back in Oklahoma or someplace.  But, a landscape guy showed up and made quick work of the cactus.  I tried to talk to the man, but I don't think he understood English or at least I didn't understand his English if that was what he was speaking.  Very efficient worker, and I would like help with trimming a bush or two.  

Waves to Jean (working today!), Arlene, twinny, Bernie, Rosa, Marijane, Susan, Karen (thinking of you), Charlene, Barbara, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a great day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda: hugs dear lady. Nothing prepares us to deal with situations like dementia. It is difficult at best but I know you are a lady of strong faith. You don't walk alone.
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing ok today.

Thanks RC for starting us off today. I have never been to an IKEA, but have heard of the store and would go to one just to look, if there was one around here. How long is your drive home? I am sure you have lots to do. It would be kind of fun to have a new city to explore. Glad you found a nice place to live.

LL, yes, I am hoping for 'something' when I see the doc next month, not sure what, lol. I may change doctors, haven't really decided for sure if I think anything we are currently doing is helping me, or not helping me. I too dislike the too stretchy jeans, wish they all would not put so much in them. But the ones I ordered last night I had also gotten a pair of in the early spring and they were ok, until they just were too big for me. I am down 3 sizes from when I retired, so this needs to stop. Lol re: too many hands on the salad bar yesterday, that can make it more complicated than less people. Glad you got the elliptical machine adjusted before you hurt yourself. So sorry you & DH had a bad afternoon yesterday, hope today is better for you both. I don't need anything for the kitchen either, I am overflowing with kitchen ware now. I used to hold big dinners fairly often, but only once or twice a year now, so don't need so many things now. I hate when dogs are like that, it is scary. Your neighbors must have known somehow that the cactus fell down, but that was quick having someone there to take care of it. Sorry you could not communicate with the landscaper. Hope you find someone to take care of your bushes. I agree with kittyfan, you seem to be a very strong lady and you do not walk alone.

It is a cool morning/afternoon here and I got outside early and worked within the pool area, got a large portion done, now the rest seems manageable. If it stays cool I may make it all the way around the pool in the next few days. Our pool is inground, 18' x 36' and has a large area fenced with lots of plants, etc., that all needs weeded and spruced up, getting a bit tired looking. I haven't spent any time in this area since early spring, so it was past time to work there.

Have a great day everyone.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Welcome to the new Sue. RC, I am so happy that you have found a nice place to park your RV. I have never heard of IKEA . Good luck with couch hunting. You will be very busy at home for a while until things settle down for you & your DH. LL, Temptations is no temptation for me either. Cooking is the thing that I most dislike. I decluttered my kitchen 3 years ago & don't want to fill up a few of my empty cupboards. I did buy 2 sets of temptations at the outlet store for just a few bucks each. They seem to have lots of it to choose from. Glad that the threatening dogs didn't harm you on your walk. The dog owner of the pit bulls was fined $175 yesterday & the judge did give a court order to have the dogs put away for the time being. He was charged in 2013 for the same dogs biting another dog, but that one survived the ordeal. LINDA R, Hopefully your plumbing is done & you will be good to go for many years. We got some much needed rain last evening. The humidity is gone & it is 70 today. Same for Thurs. & Friday. I did get my walk in this morning & will probably take a nap this afternoon after we hot tub. I wanted to do the laundry today, but it is too cloudy. Tomorrow they say sunny & 70's. A good drying day for me. Dinner tonight is leftover ham, scalloped potatoes & green beans from last evening. I am having lunch out with 3 friends tomorrow. Then one of them wants to come & join me in the hot tub. I am hoping that my DH can take his friend out for lunch at the same time. Our friend has been struggling with depression since March. Friday is grocery shopping day & then Friday night we are going to some friends from church for a corn boil/fish fry. I need to take a dish to pass. I couple supply the corn & another couple supply the fish.
Respected Contributor

Aloha..Hawaii remains gorgeous but more humid and hot than I like. We went to a great luau last night and syd had a wonderful time.

snicks..I have had some weight loss with my ra meds but yours sounds like a lot. Hope your doc can figure it out.

kathleen..good luck on the move.

linda..dementia is a slippery slope.  You are a special person.

twinny..pit bulls terrify me.. 

Hugs to all. Hope your day's go well.  Very little shopping here...I did buy some shower gel and a charm for my pandora bracelet but nothing else. No more stuff..lol.

Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1,
Your vacation sounds just wonderful. Yes I am at the very bottom end of my ideal weight range, so need to figure this out. A trip to Hawaii is on my bucket list. However, it is not on my hubby's list, so guess I'll be going on my own, I've done that before, so no problem, lol. I went to Europe alone, spent 3 weeks there, had a wonderful time.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I found a really nice chaise that would be nice for me but would not provide a bed. So I'm not sure, might want a Jeep more. Ha ha!

Twinny, you sure get lots of lunches and dinners out. I'm happy to know retirement can be so lovely. I know not a cake walk but you two seem very happy.

Snicks I need to get to JCP and try a pair on. I love love love Levis.

Barbara the luau sounds heavenly.

Linda I just echo what everyone else said. We love and air you and I'm so glad that DH's kids are supportive.

Twinny

I'm in the chair at the pedicure salon and feeling pretty good. The massage chair it's much more elaborate. The seat is moving, its very strange for my bum.
Respected Contributor

Snicks the drive is 200 miles. Ikea is fun to visit. I was very tempted to get a second down comforter. Had to remind myself we were ok without it all year. They set the store up so that you are supposed to walk through every aisle before you leave. If you are sneaky you can find the exits and do a much quicker walk through.