Respected Contributor

Shopaholic FRIENDS ODAT TGIF!

Good morning friends and readers!  What are your plans for the weekend?  DH says we are going to a moive.  I have several errands to run, and my Ikea visit that I never made the other day.  I looked at our bank accounts this morning just so I keep current and don't go too crazy spending.  I got our fan from the house yesterday and it is a winner!  It moves a LOT of air and is much smaller then the "Vornado" that was utterly dissapointing. It will be an outside fan now.

I need to clean out my filthy car and get some walking in as well.  Yesterday was an interesting day as I woke at 2am, read a book for a while and never did go back to sleep.  It was nice to have lunch with my best friend and I got back here/home "city home" before John Wayne made it home from work.  He seems pretty happy.

Off to get some walking in - with or without the dog I have not decided.  Smiley Happy  Perhaps it is time to bring treats along too.  I started my day with 2 hours of technology and found a pair of boots to order to replace the ones that are so torn up.  The pair I found is faux suede that I never buy, but it is my favorite style so I figured I'd try them. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Shopaholic FRIENDS ODAT TGIF!

Good morning!

Rock Chick, you sound very energetic this morning.  As far as weekend plans, after work I will be meeting Mark for a cook-out.  He retired from Verizon and they have this every year fro the employees and retirees.

Saturday weather permitting we will go sit on the dock in the sun at our local lake.

Church on Sunday followed by breakfast at Cracker Barrel. And of course laundry and just household chores.  Nothing too exciting but still fun.

I had ordered the Susan Graver TSV, just recieved it.  I love it, it is a different fabrication and very long, but I am very tall so for me it is perfect.

I hope that everyone is doing well.

Respected Contributor

Hi Rosa!  The cookout sounds fun.  That is really nice that he can still see all his former coworkers.  I took Kyanne and she did a little better with treats and walking around the rv park area instead of the actual park next door.  I think I will go walk Ikea and a couple other places.  Need to wash my dirty car and get all the dog hairs out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning everyone. Hope all are well today.

Thanks for starting us off today RC. You are a bundle of energy today, lol, good for you. I need some of that to magically rub off on me, cause I got none. Nice you could have lunch with a friend yesterday. Glad your walk went a bit better with the dog today, and hope you enjoy your IKEA stop and the movie this weekend. Hope you like your new boots when they come.

fbm8282lsm, your weekend plans sound fun, I'm so glad you are enjoying yourself.

I had grand plans to tackle housework this morning, but...hasn't happened yet, just working on a stack of papers that need sorted, some filed, some shredded. I have zero ambition today. Think I overdid it outdoors the last 8-9 days and drained myself of energy. Oh well, maybe I'll get some back later on, nothing is urgent, so not going to push myself, taking it easy today.

Hope everyone has a great day, and weekend. Waves.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

ROCK CHICK, I sounds like you are getting things together as much as you can right now. Have fun at the movies. The last movie I went to was with my then 2 y/o DGS & he is now 14 y/o. It was Polar Express & he was terrified. It sounds like you also had a nice lunch out with a friend. ROSA, It sounds like you & Mark are having a very nice time together. I am so happy for both of you. I know that you must be counting the days until your beach vacation. BIRD MAMA, I was thinking of you on Tuesday when we were having breakfast at the B & B. This was probably the best breakfast that I have ever had. We had cinnamon apple pancakes, fresh MI peaches, scrambled eggs with sausage & scrambled eggs with potatoes cheese, coffee & OJ. We did have a nice buggy ride on Monday night with the Amish farmer that lives across the street. It is such a beautiful area. DH tried to mow some of the lawn yesterday but it is still very dry in spots. It is supposed to rain today & we really need it. DH took his walk today & then is running errands for me. I do need to get groceries & make a nice fruit salad for the pool birthday party tomorrow. My DH's cousin & her DH are in our hometown today & they are from PA. My MIL is excited about seeing all of us for her early 90th birthday party tomorrow, Weather should be in the 70's so nice. We are going to be getting a heat wave starting Tuesday & lasting all of next week. UGGGH. School starts next Tuesday so it will be hot. Off to unpack the bags. We went into the hot tub yesterday & it felt so good for the aching body. Then we went downtown to the final concert on the square. Our hometown has been very active this summer. Car show on the square tonight. LL, I am glad that the plumber did get the shower/tub bars up. It should be a big help for you. That was quite the story about your DGS at the ball field. Parents can be idiots that is for sure. Hugs to all of you.
Respected Contributor

we made it back safely from our wonderful Maui vacation. Sydnie announced that she misses the ocean. The only negative was that it was very hot and humid. Usually the trade winds blow but they were blocked by the tropical storms. We had great ac and the pool and beach kept us cool. 

I did did no shopping except for groceries and a few pool toys for sydnie. We ate most of our meals in..did a luau and an island tour. 

I am am rather jet lagged today..it will take a couple to get back to normal. 

Kathleen , sounds like you are keeping busy with the move. Hope you get toIkea.

rosa, your weekend sounds nice. I am tall and love tunics and skinny pants.,I am ready to break out the fall clothes but next week will be hot and humid.

snicks, low energy is a fact of life with me...hope you can rest up and re charge.

twiiny, your trip sounded nice. I lived in pa. And visited the Amish in Lancaster. Great food and nice people. Their handcrafted things are exquisite  we will have the state fair heat wave next week.,

i hope oped everyone's day is going well. ((((Hugs))))to all.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started Kathleen.  You are certainly the energizer bunny today.  Glad you are taking care of things and getting in your exercise as well.  What type of fan was the winner?  I have a new fan that I like, but I could use another one.  Any purchase will need to wait until next week (September) since August has been a very expensive month for me/us.  

Sounds like you have a fun weekend lined up, Rosa.  Enjoy that picnic.  Glad the new tunic works for you.  

Hi snicks -- do take it easy -- I think maybe you overdid it with all your outside work.  I think all of us have occasional days when energy is lacking.  

Your trip sounds very nice, twinny.  Hope you enjoy the pool party/birthday celebration.  That breakfast sounds huge, but delicious.  

Welcome home, Barbara.  Cute about Syd missing the ocean.  She is a lucky girl to have nice trips like that one.

Waves to Jean (working again), Arlene, Bernie, Marijane, Charlene, LindaR, Karen, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Quiet day here.  DH and I had a nice walk, and we will go to the gym in a little while.  DD said things are going pretty well there, but second DGS is still waiting for his replacement laptop.  They did send back the broken one.  In the meantime, he is using a desktop -- not the easiest way to go, but okay.

Have a nice Friday everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

RC, Our Subaru was dirty from traveling on all kinds of roads. DH washed the outside & I did the vacuuming & dusting on the inside. It doesn't look dirty on the outside but the interior is black so that did need some work done on it. I have a nice micro fiber cloth that was easy to use with great results. I nought this cloth at the world's Largest truck Stop a month or so ago. SNICKS, I am sure that you are tired from all of your yard work. The only thing that I do outdoors is hang wash & hot tub. I try to keep my flowers & plants to a minimum so DH doesn't have too much to mow around. I have been busy today just answering phone calls & getting caught up on email messages while we were gone. I did clean the house before vacation started so that I don't need to do that until sometime next week. SYDSGMA, Welcome home. Except for the heat & humidity the vacation sounded wonderful. I am enjoying this cool weather also as it will be hot by next Tuesday. The day that our schools start. My DH's cousin & her DH were born & raised in Lancaster, PA. He is retired, but she still teaches part time at Penn State. We plan to go to see them in Sept. so that will be our next journey. Yes, the Amish do make beautiful furniture & build great homes. When DH & I took our Amish buggy ride on Monday night in Honeyville, IN the driver showed us a lot of beautiful things. He had a great sense of humor too. We met him 4 years ago, but forgot how funny & witty he really was. He said that his wife was an only child & they had 11 children. He told us that he had all boys except for 9 of them. I am ready for the hot tub & a nice nap. The groceries are put away so all I have to do tonight is make my salad for tomorrow. I am hoping for a quiet evening. Oh, if it isn't raining after supper, we might go downtown to the car show. Lots of beauties & people that we only see at car shows.
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Even though I am retired, I have always loved the upbeat feeling of a Friday. 

I am just back from the grocery store etc.  On Fridays, they have several vendors with food samples etc.  So here I am, one hour after lunch snacking on samples of brownies, cookies, and a homemade flour tortilla.  I don't think I will have much of an appetite for dinner but it was fun. 

My son sent be some very nice luxury type hand soaps and bars this last Mother's Day and  I am so hooked.  I have quit buying body wash (which in the summer I tend to go through like crazy) and have switched over to these.  In the end, I am spending a lot less money vs. buying the body wash and it feels like more of a treat.  So that is my money saving "tip" for the day.

It is still hot but the temp was about 8 degrees cooler this am.  It felt so good I got a craving for chili so I made some for lunch in a bigger quantity that it will last us for a few meal.  Well that is it on this end.  Also, almost done with this darn head cold that I have been fighting for the last week...yippee!!

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle, I am glad that your cold is about over. Not fun anytime of the year. How nice of your DS to send you some nice bars of soap. My DD makes soaps etc for her online business & if she makes an error & can't sell them she gladly gives them to me, They are just as good for washing up as a perfect bar is. I think that she can do every scent that B&B make. She takes the summer off to be with the DC but will soon be starting up after Labor Day. Their home always smells soooooooo good. She does it all in her kitchen. When I was working my grocery shopping/bill paying day was always Friday. DH either worked nights & was sleeping during the day or at the end worked days. I still do everything on Friday. I worked second shift & loved it. It was sprinkling while we were in the hot tub, but I figured since we were up to our necks in water, a few rain drops on our heads wouldn't hurt. It is gloomy out so I will take a little nap before starting dinner.