Honored Contributor

Re: Shoe Shopping with Grandma, I mean Jayne~

On 4/18/2014 suzeecat said:
On 4/18/2014 Iwantcoffee said:

QVC does not need to diversify their offering. I should not go to a vegan restaurant and complain their is no steak. I'll go to a steakhouse for that. Every business has a target market. If QVC does not appeal, their are many other places to shop.

This is true. And I do my shoe shopping elsewhere. DSW carries a TON of different styles for everyone, including grandmas and teens, and yes, even ME! I guess DSW's target market is people with feet.

If Q was satisfied with the size & type of their current customer base, they wouldn't be making any changes to attract new buyers like me. Of course they need to diversify their offering if they want to gain marketshare & more profits. No one lives forever.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Contributor

Most grandmothers are sweet kind souls. Which is something you don't appear to know anything about. Why don't you try spelling a person's name correctly before you start a rude post. Aren't you lovely on Good Friday and Easter Weekend. Besides doesn't it take one to know one ""grandma""?
Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Chi-town girl said:

QVC does not need to diversify their offering. I should not go to a vegan restaurant and complain their is no steak. I'll go to a steakhouse for that. Every business has a target market. If QVC does not appeal, their are many other places to shop.

This is true. And I do my shoe shopping elsewhere. DSW carries a TON of different styles for everyone, including grandmas and teens, and yes, even ME! I guess DSW's target market is people with feet.

If Q was satisfied with the size & type of their current customer base, they wouldn't be making any changes to attract new buyers like me. Of course they need to diversify their offering if they want to gain marketshare & more profits. No one lives forever.

No one stays young forever.

If you have the honor to live a long life you will need shoes and clothes too. Abercrombie & Fitch will not give a flip what you need.

Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Chi-town girl said:

No one stays young forever.

If you have the honor to live a long life you will need shoes and clothes too. Abercrombie & Fitch will not give a flip what you need.

Yes, but styles & designs change overtime. Many times for the best. You don't have to wear something that looks ugly or makes you look dated just because you are older or need more support, or lower heeled shoes, etc. I want options that provide beauty, style, practability, & comfort. No criticism at all intended to the hosts. They are just doing their jobs. Some assignments are better than others.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Has anyone ever figured out that QVC sells shoes this fit a profile of: Being able to be worn by a lot of people; being a generic comfortable shoe that a lot of people will want; fitting a wider range of feet; being a fairly reasonable price point; being a shoe that people will wear often and therefore feel is a good sound buy for them.

Faddish shoes, shoes that tend to be hard to fit, and shoes that don't have wide appeal are not in the mix and likely won't be. Do you go to vegetarian restaurants expecting to find a ham sandwich? So what are you complaining about? I don't get the blindness of wanting QVC to be something it isn't.

Valued Contributor

I'm old ----and a fashion expert---:-))))))))))
Honored Contributor

The food analogy doesn't make sense. I'm not shopping at Q for a ham sandwich or sushi or any food. Q is marketing to a broader customer base that includes some of us that want Stylish shoes. Not fads. Well made stylish shoes can last many seasons. No complaints. Just my opinion and request to Q to step up their game if they want to expand their customer base. They can keep selling the comfort shoes, just give others more options. The obvious high level of success with PM Style and The LR show is providing them with a new customer base willing to spend $$$ on shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

I was under the impression that since QVC hired the likes of Courtney, Amy, Kierstin, and Albany, they were trying to attract other demographics to broaden their customer base. Along that school of thought, it would make sense to broaden the inventory selections to attract and maintain that demographic.

Again, I like Jane. Just wish she had more styles to offer in her show.

Honored Contributor

No way I believe any of the hosts wear these shoes on their own time. Why don't they have a show called "bad feet shoes"....put all the Velcro shoes and ugly clunky ones in one show....then stock some normal shoes for the rest of us.....2 1/2 inch pumps.....classic ballet flats.....classic espadrilles.....get it, QVC? classic shoes is what many of us want.

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 lovesrecess said:

No way I believe any of the hosts wear these shoes on their own time. Why don't they have a show called "bad feet shoes"....put all the Velcro shoes and ugly clunky ones in one show....then stock some normal shoes for the rest of us.....2 1/2 inch pumps.....classic ballet flats.....classic espadrilles.....get it, QVC? classic shoes is what many of us want.

Actually, I believe there are several hosts who DO wear those shoes on their own time . . .