QVC Customer Care

Re: Shawn complains about her bad feet, then wears high stacked healed shoes?

QVC Customer Care

Re: Shawn complains about her bad feet, then wears high stacked heeled shoes?

Trusted Contributor

If you really paid attention and have seen Shawn' s photos when she's not working, you would have never started this thread.  She says she wears  heels only when she's hosting a show, when the show is over she wears her vionics.  Almost every host on the Q who wears high heels especially when presenting clothing, all say they take their heels off as soon as they are off air.  I heard Sandra say the same exact thing.  I'm sure the Q stylists advise or require them to wear heels with the fashions that they are presenting.  I don't think hosts who are presenting Linea, Isaac or Halston, etc are not  going to wear vionic shoes or sneakers with their outfits.  So maybe before you start a post, you need to listen what hosts have to say.  So when it's snowing do you see these hosts are wearing high heel open sandals, what does that tell you?  They only wear heels when on air.  And yes Shawn wears many inspirational bracelets and she definitely has made it known.

Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

A lot of it is sales pitches aimed at selling hoochie shoes. Sure the shoes look fabulous but they are basically unwearable. If the hosts didn't wear them the customers would notice.

If you ever notice the shoes that QVC sells every October for FFANY shoes on sale, most of them are unwearable hoochie shoes that got donated by shoe companies.

I doubt fashion vendors care what shoes the hosts are wearing as long as the merchadise is moving!

Honored Contributor

I have foot problems that are greatly helped by wearing vionics, birkenstocks and earth shoes and as a result I can wear heels for special occasions but at the end of the event my feet usually do hurt.  Those great shoe brands are not a magic cure but they sure do help.  Some will find fault with anything a host they dislike says or does - kind of like a rude hobby . 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

If you really paid attention and have seen Shawn' s photos when she's not working, you would have never started this thread.  She says she wears  heels only when she's hosting a show, when the show is over she wears her vionics.  Almost every host on the Q who wears high heels especially when presenting clothing, all say they take their heels off as soon as they are off air.  I heard Sandra say the same exact thing.  I'm sure the Q stylists advise or require them to wear heels with the fashions that they are presenting.  I don't think hosts who are presenting Linea, Isaac or Halston, etc are not  going to wear vionic shoes or sneakers with their outfits.  So maybe before you start a post, you need to listen what hosts have to say.  So when it's snowing do you see these hosts are wearing high heel open sandals, what does that tell you?  They only wear heels when on air.  And yes Shawn wears many inspirational bracelets and she definitely has made it known.

Spoiler

Baloney.  Jill B. wears sensible shoes ON AIR.  I couldn't care less if Shawn spends $1,000 plus on 5 inch heeled shoes.  I just don't like the fact she's so full of it.  Before she became the new QVC queen right before Lisa R, left , she had horrible feet and could only wear Vionics.  Now, she's standing 3 hours on PMS in 4 to 5 inch spiked heeled shoes.  It's a complete contradiction.  I don't trust what she says.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Spoiler

I'm not sure that "truth" was the impetus for the original post. Thanks for your well stated attempt, Lutoshopathome!

Trusted Contributor

I would think all the ladies watching,would be smart enough to Not believe anything being said.'They say stupid things for selling also.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why do we make ourselves suffer, wearing ridiculously high (4 or 5 inch) spike heels, just because some eccentric male designers say it's chic?? I'd rather be comfortable, and enjoy myself all day, or night, than suffer real pain, permanent damage, (and worst of all, possibly trip and fall) in the name of "fashion"!!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

@TY wrote:

A lot of it is sales pitches aimed at selling hoochie shoes. Sure the shoes look fabulous but they are basically unwearable. If the hosts didn't wear them the customers would notice.

If you ever notice the shoes that QVC sells every October for FFANY shoes on sale, most of them are unwearable hoochie shoes that got donated by shoe companies.

I doubt fashion vendors care what shoes the hosts are wearing as long as the merchadise is moving!

Hoochie mama?!? Unwearable? Maybe YOU can't wear a kickin' pair of killer stilettos but some of us can. 

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~