Honored Contributor

Okay, ladies, my age may be showing but I can't understand the young women that want to be sexy on their wedding day.  We are talking about the bust hanging out.  I personally feel it is inappropriate to wear a dress like that into church or any house of worship.  I am watching "Say Yes to the Dress" and I cannot believe the dresses these women want.  If they want to flaunt their bodies then do it at the reception.  How do you feel about sexy bridal dresses?  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sexy Brides Dresses

[ Edited ]

I was just watching say Yes To The Dress this morning and I too was surprised at some of the dresses,  I said to my husband that I am glad I am not a bride of today as I would not feel comfortable wearing a strapless gown!

IMO my bridal gown was too low cut and I had the seamstress place a lace insert to cover any clevage that was showing!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for too much cleavage showing on wedding dresses. I don't think a bride should look like a streetwalker.

Respected Contributor
I'm at least 25 years away from becoming a fussy old lady, and I agree.

A church wedding is a religious ceremony. An overly revealing dress is distasteful for the ceremony. If a bride wants to dance half naked all night in the ballroom at the Marriott, fine. I think something more respectful in a house of worship is appropriate though.

And I'm completely over strapless wedding gowns. Unless you're built like a 12 year old boy, it's not flattering.
Respected Contributor

I don't think a woman's bust should be hanging out in any clothing.  I noticed a few celebrities at the recent award shows and it really took away from how pretty they looked, IMO.  Save it for your husband/partner/significant other in the privacy of your own home.  I am not a prude by any means, but just don't think it's ladylike to let it all hang out.   Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

I don't think something like this is appropriate.

This @bertabridal wedding dress is pretty meets sexy - and we love it!:

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

I think this bride looks elegant, but not "stuffy."

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono

I agree. Leaves very little to the imagination. 

My dearly departed dad used to say that women were losing their "mystique". He passed away twenty years ago. I can only imagine what he'd say if he saw some of the fashions today!

Trusted Contributor

In my opinion if you are being married on a beach, at a vineyard, at a ballroom, etc., you can be as sexy as you want.  But if you are getting married at a church it should not be your goal to look sexy.  Brides in a church wedding can certainly look elegant and beautiful.  The venue should determine what is appropriate.