Honored Contributor

Re: Set of tissue t-shirts --- so nice --- you should try them!

@PinkyPetunia

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

@AngelPuppy1     thanks for the review. 

Some extra info would be appreciated.  How was sizing--true to size?  Was the white fabric see-through?  How about length?  And the pocket, was it placed in an odd place like so many of these tees do?  I am intrigued.  Thanks again.

I think the sizing is true.  I generally wear a small in tops and these were perfect.  Not tight and not baggy.  The vee-neck of the shirts was not so low as to expose anything.  The pocket is small and I think is placed well and just adds a nice little accent.  Also, I am not one who likes an overly long t-shirt as they sometimes can look baggy and not  so neat.  These do fall below hip area so they do not cut you off at the bad part but are not so long as to be a tunic or anything like that.  They are 80/40 blend.  80 - cotton and 40 poly.  Tag says wash in cold water.  I hang mine to dry.  But my friend has the same set and she throws hers in the dryer on delicate setting and they come out fine. The fabric is very light and and the white is somewhat see through but not terribly so and you are find with a proper undergarment.  I really love the rounded hem line.  It looks really cute just wearing it out but if you are a tucker --- this hem would allow it to stay tucked in very nicely I would think.  I think it would look cute belted also!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I recently purchased a set of tissue fabric t-shirts from Avon.  There were 4 in a set and they were around $24.00.  I was wondering how good they could be but figured if I don't like them, I can always return.  Oh, my goodness!  These little shirts are awesome!!!  

I highly recommend them!!!  The set is comprised of one each in navy, white, gray and yellow.  They have short sleeves, vee-necks, small pocket, and a rounded hem.  The materials is as light as air.  They do not cling.  Wash like a dream.  I wish they would come out with a set in more colors.  

These are so nice for summer to wear just as is with shorts, jeans, capris - whatever.  Or even as a layering piece.

@AngelPuppy1 I had no idea Avon sold clothes....

I believe Halston (is) (was) owned by Avon.

Really??  That's interesting.  I haven't tried too many of their clothing items but what I have is pretty nice.  I have always purchased more of their jewelry and cosmetic items.  

Honored Contributor

@ID2

@ID2 wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I recently purchased a set of tissue fabric t-shirts from Avon.  There were 4 in a set and they were around $24.00.  I was wondering how good they could be but figured if I don't like them, I can always return.  Oh, my goodness!  These little shirts are awesome!!!  

I highly recommend them!!!  The set is comprised of one each in navy, white, gray and yellow.  They have short sleeves, vee-necks, small pocket, and a rounded hem.  The materials is as light as air.  They do not cling.  Wash like a dream.  I wish they would come out with a set in more colors.  

These are so nice for summer to wear just as is with shorts, jeans, capris - whatever.  Or even as a layering piece.

Eee gad I've been buying clothes from Avon for probably 25 years! They have great items. I keep hearing how bad Avon is doing in the news, but I am one person that sure would miss them if they were no longer here. Love Avon! Heart

You and me both!!!  I sure do my part in supporting them!!!!  I loved their stuff.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

Well, I hope if you do that you like them.  They are not fancy but I think they are nice basic shirts and really well priced!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

@GingerPeach wrote:

Thanks for posting that pic!  I do not know how to do that!!!  Yes, those are the colors.  I think they are a nice array!!!  They are just perfect with jeans!!!!  

Honored Contributor

Hi @AngelPuppy1

If you're interested in posting pics, here's what I did.

I went to Google and searched for Avon tissue tee shirts and then clicked on "images" to see what came up.

I found the set of four in the colors you'd described, went to the site to confirm, and then right-clicked on the picture.  That brings up a small pop-up menu from which I chose "copy image."

Then I came back here to open a new post, and right-clicked again for the menu, and chose "paste."

(If you prefer to use keystrokes to copy and paste you probably already know that copy is CTRL-C and paste is CTRL-V.)

Good luck!  Heart

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Avon's jewelry used to be very good too,  believe it or not I have two pieces I bought when I was in college some 40 years ago and they still look brand new.  My DD loves them.  I don't wear fashion jewelry often but if I see something that appeals to me I wouldn't hesitate to order.  I also hear rave reviews about their sneakers.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Clothes, bags, shoes, jewelry, kitchenware...... for years and years.   And you can shop Avon.com.   

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue

I think their jewelry holds up well also.  I have jewelry that my mother gave me from probably 40 years ago.

I have not tried their sneakers, but used to wear the sandals and flats when I was able and they were nice! 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi @AngelPuppy1

If you're interested in posting pics, here's what I did.

I went to Google and searched for Avon tissue tee shirts and then clicked on "images" to see what came up.

I found the set of four in the colors you'd described, went to the site to confirm, and then right-clicked on the picture.  That brings up a small pop-up menu from which I chose "copy image."

Then I came back here to open a new post, and right-clicked again for the menu, and chose "paste."

(If you prefer to use keystrokes to copy and paste you probably already know that copy is CTRL-C and paste is CTRL-V.)

Good luck!  Heart

I appreciate you posting this!  I will try it and see how I do.  I have tried in the past to post pictures and haven't had any luck.  I am not very good with computer things!!!  Thanks so much!!!!