Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I returned this Zella because, for me, it only looked okay closed...

@MacDUFF

This is good feedback.  It's a pretty color.  

I am not a moto/asymmetrical person, but I do like the UA motos I posted.  I'm not sure about the zipper sleeve and the quilting on the sleeves though.  Most sleeves are too long, and the long sleeved UA tees I have all have "monkey arms."

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono, I love anything UnderArmour! It is Jordan Spieth's brand, number 1 golfer in the world. I would much rather have sleeves way too long than a teensy bit too short. But that's just me!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

This is good feedback.  It's a pretty color.  

I am not a moto/asymmetrical person, but I do like the UA motos I posted.  I'm not sure about the zipper sleeve and the quilting on the sleeves though.  Most sleeves are too long, and the long sleeved UA tees I have all have "monkey arms."

@lolakimono

Yes, the color is pretty.  But, when open, the collar just hung there, lopsided looking.

I loved the UA moto...especially the zips and quilting, but I'm the same...not crazy about either moto or asym.  UA is usually good quality, too.  And, of course, it's too short boo hoo!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I buy Calvin Klein.    Better looking than the "athletic" kind.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

That one with the low zipper in the back: INSANITY.

Respected Contributor

Re: SWEATSHIRTS

[ Edited ]

Great thread and examples! You've highlighted one of my favorite trends, the updated or dressy sweatshirt. 

Most of mine have sold out, so I can't show them. My favorite is a flowered one by INC at Macy's.

One style that's still available is this one by Gaiam at Kohls. It comes in 8 colors. It's lightweight, and runs big (I bought small and it's still roomy.)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono

Lola, a great big thank you for letting us know the retailers selling these really cute sweatshirts.  I have given up on even opening threads where only pictures are shown.  Invariably I will touch the picture to do a google search only to get pictures of many similar items, but never the item I am interested in.

So again, thank you so much.  Now can you please let us know what it is about the Halston sweatshirt that makes it one of your faves and what about sizing--do you feel it runs true to size? I really like the style!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@lolakimono

So again, thank you so much.  Now can you please let us know what it is about the Halston sweatshirt that makes it one of your faves and what about sizing--do you feel it runs true to size? I really like the style!

@magicmoodz

Well, since you have "seen" me, you might guess about sizing and my shape.  I ordered the XXS, based on the measurements and the "relaxed" fit.  It is perfect.  If you are between sizes, I would definitely size DOWN.  The cuffs are super long, so they can be cuffed without looking weird.  The belly area does not cling, so you could wear it alone or wear a tank underneath.  It is lightweight, but comfortable.  I could easily "dress it up" and wear a turtleneck or button down underneath.  I ordered it on waitlist, but so far only one color has come in.  I'm not sure that I will get any of the others.

@LTT1 ordered it upon my recommendation.  She can chime in with her two cents.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz@lolakimono

I love the style of this! Unlike Lola, I will be keeping the size L i(she is much tinier) in black. I am 5'... And this top hits at my hip bones. The styling, IMO, makes it upscale. I feel that the black color way looks more expensive. The purple heather didn't work for me.

I may order another black and send one to the cleaners; wear one for casual.

The white on the inside shows thru the stitching on the purple heather, making it look sportier. The black has black on the inside meaning seaming at the neckline is "clean."

It is not what I would ever call French terry.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

This is my favorite Q sweatshirt, from Halston.  The picture does not do it justice.  It is on waitlist, so I hope they bring the colors/sizes back.

http://www.qvc.com/H-by-Halston-Cropped-French-Terry-Scoop-Neck-Sweatshirt.product.A270260.html?sc=A...

Cream of the crop. This cropped French terry sweatshirt from Halston makes even leisure time feel stylish with its flattering scoop neckline and contemporary vibe. From H by Halston.

• Fabrication: French terry knit
  • Features: cropped design, long sleeves, scoop neckline
  • Fit: relaxed fit; generously cut with maximum wearing ease
  • Length: missy length 22-1/2" to 24-5/8"; plus length 25" to 26-3/4"
  • Content: 57% cotton/37% polyester/6% spandex
  • Care: machine wash, tumble dry
  • Imported

@lolakimono I have this sweatshirt in black.  LOVE. Heart