Super Contributor

Re: STOP THE ON-AIR CALLS!!!

I don't like the calls either....it adds nothing to the presentation of the product. I end up feeling really sorry for the callers and out of the shopping mood.

Super Contributor

On 6/3/2014 Indy-Blonde2 said:

I find the calls entertaining, especially when someone drunk calls in.

I thought they screen their callers before they let them speak on air? I can not believe that drunks call in? Amazing to me.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

on air callers are one reason I do not watch. I buy, but I enjoy shopping online so much more. About 22 years ago Kathy Levine had the caller from h e double toothpicks! Kathy was selling rings. This lady started talking, FOR 22 minutes! Shetook the whole show, it was awful. At one point Kathy's eyes started drifting. She tried to cut it off, but failed. I think in those days they might have not had moderaters for the calls. Kathy apologised after, she knew watchers had wanted to see a couple pieces. It was awful. I turned the channel and checked back in every few minutes. This lady was not pleasant, she was aknow it all, who proceded to lecture on gems.

About the same time Mary Beth Rowe had a caller, an elderly lady who I think thought she was talking to the credit dept. She was talking about her SS check being late, and couldn't send the check in. She went on and on. MB finally got someone to get on the line, and turn her over to the credit dept. She was a sweet little lady, and very confused. Although I think either the operators relayed her call to on air by mistake, or the lady misunderstood where her call was going. These things shouldn't happen

Then there was the lady who called in during a Jeff Hewson show with Morgan Fairchild. She ended the call by addressing Jeffrey, and saying, Jeffery I want to jump your bones". OMG. it was so embarressing. I know it is live TV, but they still have a 10 second delay. They need to cut some calls off. But since I don't watch these days, I don't know if they ever cut anyone off. Have they?

Honored Contributor

.....or someone else with another agenda. A QVC classic with Rick & the Dell rep during a 2am call in (Rick is a true professional!) with an added laugh track:

http://youtu.be/W_lroRpo7dk

Super Contributor

On 6/3/2014 sidsmom said:

.....or someone else with another agenda. A QVC classic with Rick & the Dell rep during a 2am call in (Rick is a true professional!) with an added laugh track:

http://youtu.be/W_lroRpo7dk

I didn't click on the link; is that when the man calling in says he uses his laptop for por*n? I've seen that clip; it's very funny.

Respected Contributor

Some guy asked about getting a job at QVC last night when JRT was on selling the air conditioner.....he was dead serious!

Esteemed Contributor

Did you hear the male caller from PA last night after buying an A/C unit? Question to Jane - he got laid off and asked her about possible employment with QVC. That was a different slant!

Jane handled it but was 'taken back' a tad.

Super Contributor

CURIOUS: How long do they put you on hold before you are put on the air?

This is not just the Q, but I notice putting callers on hold on other shopping channels, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch QVC on the air. I cannot be annoyed and I cannot be sold something by hype. I learned my lesson. I can be easily sold and I am not playing that game anymore. As for the callers I guess I never hear them.

Trusted Contributor

It's not just QVC. If I happen to be watching any of them..........ShopHQ, HSN, or QVC........as soon as they take a call, I change channels! Sometimes I'll go back to the station after a few minutes and sometimes I don't.