Respected Contributor

SNEAK PEEK - FUNNEL NECK SWEATER! A259109

This Sweater reminds me of Marilyn Monroe! Ordered the Raspberry & Black!

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE IVORY FUNNEL NECK WK SWEATER”</h3>

funnel sweater

……………………..THE IVORY FUNNEL NECK SWEATER, A259109, is a sweater for……….ALL SEASONS……………..This is an IVORY sweater that is just as appropriate to wear in the spring, and fall with the NAVY WHISPER KNIT PANT, A257387/A257385, as it is for winter, and the HOLIDAYS and Christmas festivities. For all my WINTER WHITE LOVERS…..can you possibly be more GLAMOROUS than this IVORY sweater worn with my IVORY CREPE PANT, A253576, or my IVORY PONTE KNIT SKIRT, A231138?!……The FUNNEL COLLAR drapes around the NECK and SHOULDERS like WHIPPED CREAM!!!…..There is nothing more flattering to the face than this type of draped collar. It doesn’t matter if you have a long or SHORT NECK….you can drape the collar in a way that is most flattering to you. All of the pertinent measurements are already listed on the QVC LINEA site. This sweater is coming to you a month early….it was supposed to be part of my Sept. show, but since the WK sweaters that are on line now, and that were to be for Aug., are doing so well OLO…..the decision was made to bring this style in for the show…..hence the late Sneak Peek. Personally, I think this style is a little generous fit wise……..especially in the hip area….though it doesn’t look so on the QVC model…..so check the hip measurement. The sweater has a RAGLAN SLEEVE, so there probably won’t be a shoulder measurement. If the bust and hip measurements seem large to you…go down one size…ONLY!……I have accessorized the outfit with my SILVER/CRYSTAL/IVORY PEARL PIN which will also be avail in the GOLD/CRYSTAL/IVORY PEARL and the GUNMETAL/HEMATITE/GREY PEARL….The NEW drop earring is shown in the GOLD/CRYSTAL/CLEAR DROP combination, and it will be avail in other combinations too. These will all be here for Holiday shopping…………..I don’t know how the weather is where you live???, but here in New England….FALL IS DEFINITELY IN THE AIR!…………………………………………………………………………………………………enjoy………………………….much Love……………………………….Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE BLACK FUNNEL NECK WK SWEATER”</h3>

shetland sweater

This is a…..WOW LOOK…. and definitely brings the idea of the LBD to a HIGHER level!! Paired with the matching WK SKIRT and you can go anywhere….from the office to dinner to a cocktail party….to any special occasion…or no special occasion. I chose to accessorize this outfit with a narrow shiny black belt, and a combination of my CLEAR & JET NECKLACES, J291535. On the ear, my JET DROP EARRING, J291538. This is the PERFECT necklace to wear with this sweater…WHY?….because the neckline of this sweater is wide, and these light weight necklaces do not drag the neckline IN distorting the drape of the collar. Anything heavier will pull the neckline closer to the neck and interfere with the natural drape of the collar……If you already own my HOUNDS TOOTH CHECK or HERRINGBONE FLIPPY SKIRTS…..this sweater will give you a new and fun way to wear them……For a more casual and weekend look….this sweater….and JEANS!…I noticed The SHAWLS, A259111, were also posted on the LINEA site. These too were for Sept…so you are really getting a jump on what’s planned for Fall. I did this EXACT GENEROUSLY SIZED Shawl for Anne Klein, and it’s a FABULOUS accessory to own. “FLUNG” over one shoulder or “BEAUTIFULLY DRAPED ” around the body…..it is not only practical, but an ENTRANCE MAKER!!! Worn over a sweater and jeans, a vest, a suit, the WK DRESS coming next month, or a long evening dress….this a a special shawl to own. These items don’t come around often, and when they are avail……take the opportunity to collect them, or you may never have another chance…..They are WANTS…not needs…..Don’t have regrets a month or two or six from now, and say why didn’t I get that when I could…..They are priced well and would make INCREDIBLE GIFTS!!!!…..This is the PERFECT OUTFIT to wear with one of my NEW PATTERN TIGHTS that are coming next month……The ALL OVER LACE for evening…..The PEEK-A-BOO LACE running up the back of the leg for when you want to SHOCK and SURPRISE…..and the HERRINGBONE or PINSTRIPE for when you want to look very pulled together and CHIC…..A CROSSED LEG in a pattern hose worn with a minimal elegant suede pump….preferably with a pointed toe….will definitely garner admiring glances!………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

………………………………………………………..enjoy………………….much Love………………………………Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE RASPBERRY FUNNEL NECK WK SWEATER”</h3>

new TN4

…………………………..THE RASPBERRY FUNNEL NECK SWEATER in a word is YUMMY!. This is a new Raspberry color, and is not like any I have done before……The fruit does come in different shades, but they are all called RASPBERRY….LOL……………Above, I have the sweater paired with the ESSENTIAL LONG WK SKIRT, A257384……This skirt is a MUST HAVE…..something that you will wear for years and years……Read the reviews…they are all FIVE STAR…… The pin and new earring is in the GUNMETAL and HEMATITE combination……The PEARL is GRAY, but is picking up the RASPBERRY color from the sweater……a magic pearl!……………………….

…………………………………………………………………………………….enjoy……………………..much Love………………………………Louis

Honored Contributor

Re: SNEAK PEEK - FUNNEL NECK SWEATER! A259109

This top also reminds me of the white top Mari Aldon (above right, with Katharine Hepburn) wore in the Venice-based movie Summertime. How I love that flick! Of course I have an obvious and eternal love affair with Italy, but when Rossano Brazzi enters the Piazza San Marco in this film, wearing that tan suit, he reminds me so much of my late husband. I simply swoon. Yes, the neckline on Mari's top is different, but it has the same essence, to my mind.

Honored Contributor

Here he is at the Piazza San Marco in the suit! Swoon!!!

Valued Contributor

On 8/16/2014 Goldie76 said:

Remember when men used to dress so nice and smell so good. Nothing as sexy as a man in a starched white shirt. I have such fond memories of leaning on my dad's shoulder on a Sunday afternoon, wearing a white shirt, as he read me the "funnies" in the Sunday paper.

Valued Contributor

On 8/16/2014 HAPPY LADY said:

Remember when men used to dress so nice and smell so good. Nothing as sexy as a man in a starched white shirt. I have such fond memories of leaning on my dad's shoulder on a Sunday afternoon, him wearing a white shirt, as he read me the "funnies" in the Sunday paper.

Honored Contributor

[This isn't the particular photo I remember, but it is humorous hard evidence.]

Yes, Happy Lady. My dad was the same. Always in a dress shirt, Florsheim shoes and either a suit or sport coat and slacks. He was almost as bad as Richard Nixon when it came to being dressed for the day. Do you remember Nixon walking on a California beach, holding the jacket to his suit as he avoided the surf? My father was almost that "bad."

I work in an environment where men dress conservatively -- except on Casual Fridays.

Back to the sweater! I think I prefer it pinned because of my short stature. The QVC presentation of the sweater is not good for my size person.

Valued Contributor

[This isn't the particular photo I remember, but it is humorous hard evidence.]

Yes, Happy Lady. My dad was the same. Always in a dress shirt, Florsheim shoes and either a suit or sport coat and slacks. He was almost as bad as Richard Nixon when it came to being dressed for the day. Do you remember Nixon walking on a California beach, holding the jacket to his suit as he avoided the surf? My father was almost that "bad."

I work in an environment where men dress conservatively -- except on Casual Fridays.

Back to the sweater! I think I prefer it pinned because of my short stature. The QVC presentation of the sweater is not good for my size person.

Goldie, Funny you should bring up this picture. I worked in the White House during Nixon's administration. ( I wasn't old enough to be there but lied about my age.) He was one of the nicest, most insecure people I have ever met. He took a group of us "pages" sailing one weekend and he wore his tie on the sail boat. He wanted to be seen as knowing how to be appropriate and be accepted. Instead he looked stiff and awkward. He was actually a very kind man and loved his wife and daughters. Just got caught up in the Washington World of No Reality.

Honored Contributor

Happy, it was apparent how much President Nixon loved his family -- and they him. Thank you for your insight into the man. On another thread I recently wrote about my "almost" involvement with a member of the Nixon White House. I don't want to put the individual's name out there again, but I was introduced to him after my cousin and I ran into him on the streets of Georgetown in 1973 or thereabouts. My cousin knew him rather well and introduced me to him. At that time, I lived and worked in Miami. Later that night, my cousin rang me up and said that the person asked for my number in Miami because he came down often (remember Bebe Rebozo on Key Biscayne?) and he would call me when he came down. He never did but I happened to Wiki the guy after I wrote something on the thread, and I discovered he was married at the time he asked for my number. For all I know, the marriage may have been in drydock when he met me, but I guess it all worked out for the best.

[ETA: This person was quite a bit older than I was at the time, but this was my era of dating guys who were all 12 to 17 years older (not that I knew at the time). With Google, these things are now known. You cannot fool young ladies these days. And Google has let me know their ages now. Honestly never knew. Well-preserved gentlemen, I must say.]

Respected Contributor

Well after pondering this very special sweater all morning, I have decided to get one more WK. I choose raspberry.
Honored Contributor

Mustangshar, I also ordered the raspberry one. I hope I can style it better than the way QVC has it on the model! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I asked Louis if the raspberry works with last year's raspberry/ivory tweed jacket.

I have this Monet pin from JCP to wear with it.

Monet® Tonal Red Crystal Cluster Pin in Box

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼