Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 21)

Bernie--Do you have the projected dater for payoff? Do you have plans for use of the money you have been using for the mortgage? Have you used one of those payoff calculators to determine how fast the payoff can be accelerated by increasing x bucks? I think those things are fun to play with....and motivating!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi all, just swinging by to say hello.
Good for you @Bird mama, you're getting close on that mortgage. Btw, I don't like those high thread count sheet either, give me middle of the road on that.
@sydsgma1, sorry you are having a bad day. I have been having more of them lately than I care for, lol. Thinking I will have to get back on the meds soon, but not for a while yet.
Lovely graphics ladies.
@KonaKat, glad you have been having good students in your classrooms lately.
Be back later.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Evening, just in from our pj party in Michigan, had a great time, but didn't win, not yet a bag lady but it's not fun.  Ready to call it a nite, really worn out (no doubt from losing) however traffic coming home was horrendous, so of to bed I go

Hope all are well, sending waves & hugs

Essie

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Just getting back to the thread, sorry I'm late.  In April 2012, I re-financed $97K for a 15 year term at 3.25%.  I told myself, try to pay it off in 7 1/2 years.  At this rate, I should have it paid off next year which would make it in 5 1/2 years.  I did play with a mortgage calculator and then made a game out of it.  

The only thing I did financially that is probably upsetting Fidelity, my 401k people is that I dropped my payroll contribution in 1/2 in the early Spring. I was doing 15 or 16 percent - I don't remember.  I dropped it to 7 percent.  I am no math whiz but I looked at it this way.  The company is reorganizing.  If my butt gets thrown out, I can't get at the 401K without penalty until I'm 59 1/2 years old.  I just turned 54.  Facing possible unemployment, I decided I was okay with my current 401k balance, dropped my payroll contribution and put extra money on the mortgage.  

I think once I hit the $15K point on the mortgage, I'll go back in and increase the Fidelity contributions back to where they were.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening, Ladies!  Glad you had such a nice day subbing, Jean.  Sounds like these students are winners, and I know their sub is a winner as well.

Sorry you are not feeling well,Barbara.

Interesting about your mortgage, 401K, etc., Berrnie  -- you  have really thought things though.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

I took a pretty good walk this morning, and after breakfast, DH's son and I visited him at the facility.  

We had to go to the lawyer's office to fill out forms, and then I took them to the post office to mail to his DD so she can sign them as well.  I'm pretty annoyed with the lawyers office, not just because they lost the papers. They also have tried to place the blame on me -- like I didn't turn in the originals last time.  No point in going into it, but why would I do something like that -- keep copies, and the originals?  Oh well, being annoyed won't get me anywhere.

DH's son and I went back to the facility, and I fed him lunch.  We took numerous walks, and his son thought maybe we should go for a ride.  We attempted to get DH into the car, and it just was not possible.  I had the feeling that it would be a no go, but I didn't want to be negative.  Anyway, we walked outside, and then inside.  

DH's son suggested I take a laptop so I could stream Netflix for DH and I when I'm there, and I ended up taking DH's laptop.  That required quite a bit of updating since the laptop has been sitting on the shelf for ages.  I tried putting on a show for us to watch, but DH was not interested.  Nevertheless, I left the computer there.  Perhaps another day.

Fed DH dinner, which he ate very well, but I was pretty shocked that there was an olive pit in his salad.  They were canned olives, but I guess a pit slipped in.  Fortunately, DH found the pit, and did not hurt his teeth.

It cooled down enough so that we could sit on the back patio -- wonderful view of the mountains and perfect weather.  We even saw a hummingbird in action. 

Came home to make dinner, and finally able to post.  

I was pretty tempted by the sheets (long story), but then I remembered how many house changes I have made.  Time to say enough.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda