Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY)

Good morning, shopping friends. I've been up since 6am and have been doing odds and ends around the house. I took a break about the time PTR was on air and am still relaxing, knowing that more awaits to be done after noon.

As I was watching PTR , I was thinking of some of my ancestors' skin. Obviously, these people never heard of PTR or other expensive lines; yet, they had great skin. Part of it may be genetics, as I like to think that I do also as confirmed by the doctor who thinks I look far younger than I am. I do dabble in some PTR and Ole Henrikson now but I don't overdo it. Each of those lines has more than enough eye creams, etc. from which to choose. If one is great in each line, then why have another? I looked at some of those before and after pics during the PTR hour. I may need my glasses changed, but I didn't see that much of a difference. What I saw was very subtle.

Kathleen posted a great link on Facebook from the Minimalist site. Basically, do you have enough clothing that you can go one year without buying?

http://www.becomingminimalist.com/another-story-of-enough-my-clothing-fast/

I think the reality is that if any of us had to go a year without buying clothing then we could do it. We buy clothing for a variety of reasons and covering the naked form is just one of them. There is always the call for the newest trend, the sale, etc. and the infamous "want" that emerges during some emotional calling that the item meets.

Yes, I am guilty of answering to "I want," or as Kathleen terms it "Wanty." Can I do better? I am a work in progress; I am so much better than I was years ago when buying filled an emotional need when members of my family died in one year, etc. The hype surrounding many of these items seemed to portray a better life, a more comfortable life...and the pitch of the hosts was so good at a time when I was not rational enough to discern the difference between what they were pitching and what I really needed or could use wisely.

I've made my appointments in the city for next week, as well as scheduling a few sub days. I'm now feeling the best I've felt in weeks since the cardiac diagnosis but I'm not pushing it right now. One thing is certain, the cardiac issue reinforces the need to be careful about buying.

I do have a UPS delivery today but it is from Amazon where I get some of my real needs. Tomorrow, I will receive the Clarks clogs that I got for $10 less than the total QVC price with shipping. I needed the clogs more than the White Mountain boots. Sometimes, it pays to review the items you have on hand to see what is really needed.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

Photo: ???Subscribe us at www.wisdomquotesandstories.com???

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.