Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, OCT. 6)

Good morning, shopping friends. Right now, I am at home but will be leaving at 11am for work. I think the Q is doing Christmas today so I have no need to watch it.

My IM TSV boots arrived in the city but too late for them to be put on the truck for "out for delivery." As a result, they will be sitting there another day.

I received the Kindle Voyage and it is a winner for someone who reads a lot. I love the way the light adjusts automatically based upon light conditions. I also love the page press turns which makes it easier if reading in bed.  I can easily read a book a day if I'm not working or in two days otherwise. I get a chuckle out of them giving battery life based upon 30 minutes of reading a day. That certainly isn't me. I usually spend an hour to an hour an a half reading  before bed when working. Add afternoon time to that when not working.

That little indulgence means that I have to be careful about my spending, but I intended for it to be my early Christmas gift to me. I also have the trip coming up in November and the Branson trip in late May.

I always like to ask the question "How many days of sub pay will I have to use in order to pay for an item?" This helps me to justify a purchase compared to the work experiences. In this case, it is taking three days of work but so very worth it for the Voyage.

I just took an item out of the freezer. I guess I need to go shopping soon for some replacement items. Food is a need!!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, OCT. 6)

Good morning all, hope everyone is well today. Thanks for starting us this morning KK. I hope the IM boots are to your liking once you receive them. I resisted the purchase, but they looked nice, I was tempted. Glad you got your Kindle, I know you read daily. I mostly just read at night before I go to sleep, or while waiting at dr. apptmts, etc. I love mine. I have the Paperwhite. I took a Boston Butt roast out to cook today, that way if I am not back from KC to cook dinner tomorrow night, hubby will have leftovers he can either make himself a sandwich or heat it up or whatever. Personally I love a cold pork roast sandwich with mustard. Yum.

Today I will hopefully finish sorting my excess of Fall decor and get it to the donation center. That will be something done that I have been putting off for awhile, lol. Vacuuming is also slated to be done, don't know what else.

Waves to everyone....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks---That roast is tempting me to get one to fix in the crockpot. I enjoy them. Good job on continuing that work with the Fall decorations. The Paperwhite is a great Kindle also.

I really am enjoying sitting here and relaxing, but I have to start getting ready to go to work. The problem with working the afternoon is that it breaks the day up so that it is hard to get a major task done. I'd rather do the morning if working a half day so that there is all that uninterrupted time between noon and bedtime.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good morning...I am getting ready for our trip to az. Dh will drive to Oregon and I will fly out. We will take 10 days to get there using our time share...from the Oregon coast to Vegas.

poor syd gets sad when we leave..but I do FaceTime with her and come back every month.

jean..that new kindle sounds great. I read a lot and live my paper white. I may look at yours in the future. 

Snicks...that roast sounds good. I love pulled pork. How are you feeling.

i read daily but do not post. 

(((((( hugs)))) to all.

Honored Contributor

Hi Jean, thanks for starting the thread.  I'm not watching the Christmas shows either.  I hope that your IM boots meet your expectations.  Nothing like a new pair of boots or shoes, unless of course it's a new handbag (lol).  I'm glad you like your new Kindle.  I tend to read more in the fall and winter and have not let go of actual paperback books yet.

Hey Snicks, I liked those shoes you posted the other day.  The mink color is a nice shade and neutral enough to go with anything.  I recently started watching the project smoke shows on PBS with Steven Raichlen (geez I hope I spelled his name correctly).  He fascinates me.  I think he cooked the butt of something the other day.  I'm not much of a meat eater and watching him split a chicken kind of gags me, but I enjoy his voice and expertise in BBQ ing.

Hi Barbara, your upcoming trip sounds fun.  I'm sorry syd misses you so.

Sunday night JCP sent me the 25% off email and I ordered by Rumba Red (lol) pullover sweater and my gray cords.  Once I used my accumulated rewards, I think the cost to me was under $20.

I broke down and ordered the new Denim & Co vest yesterday.  I thought for sure they would present it in PM style and I knew I was really really interested because I tuned into that stupid show.  I toggled between PM Style and Hogan's Heroes but cracked at 11pm.  My nerves couldn't take it so I just ordered the darn thing.

I did something stupid this morning.  I was putting on my Unconditional Love cologne this morning and felt the bottle slipping so like a twit, I ran towards the tub.  I dropped a bottle on my tile floor last year (lol).  Well, the bottle didn't break in the tub - I managed to break the tub this time.  I chipped out a piece of the porcelain.  I wonder if they make porcelain patch, you know, like liquid paper (lol).  I see a trip to home depot in my future.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Jean: so sorry to hear about the student.

Oh no a chip. I am sure you can find the fix at Home Depot!!!

I have been having trouble with the forums. I have been reading and attempting to post. Very frusrating.

I got my water bill. Finally almost back to normal. But I got a bill from dentist. I do have some insurance but since I use an out of network dentist I do have to pay more.
I am thankful that I do have insurance. I have had bad teeth since childhood. Always thankful when I don't have new issues. My dentist always reminds me I have two very large fillings. If they fail will be $$$.

Of mr Davis.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....I thought I had figured this board out a few days ago and had no problems but I guess I was wrong!

I hope your DH has an enjoyable time tomorrow LindaL....prayers going out to you.

Not much else...I hate  to write a long post omly to see it vanish....the pool guys came today and closed the pool....it has been beautiful weather here the past few days.

H ave a nice evening everyone......Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Bernie I love the color of gray and red together..sounds like you scored a great deal in your items from JCP.  Thanks for the explanation the other day of Plenti....I couldn't get on to TY after you explained it.  Hope your tub is an easy fix!

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone! The teacher had a last period planning period so I was able to leave early, a nice benefit!

When I arrived home, I discovered UPS was able to deliver the IM TSV boots. They are gorgeous but I regret to say that something about the fit is off. It feels as if there is not enough cushioning. I expected the heel height might be a problem walking but it wasn't, but the ball of the foot needs more cushioning to support the pressure when steps are taken with that heel height. Oh well, back they go!!

I also just made an appointment with the neurologist. The cardiologist wanted a sleep study done to see if there were any sleep disturbances that would affect the AFib. I don't sleep well but aches and pains also contribute to that, and it takes me a long time to fall asleep even despite being super tired.

Barbara--Your upcoming trip sounds wonderful. Syd will miss you as you will her but technology is helping you with FaceTime.

Bernie--Enjoy your purchases. You have been managing to capture some great deals and rewards. I smiled at you "cracking" and ordering that vest. It was truly calling to you. I do hope you have an easy repair for the tub.

LindaR--I am glad that the water bill is finally be more acceptable. Dental expenses can be outrageous at times. I dropped $600+ in August as I don't have dental insurance. It was never available when I worked, and like you, I've always had dental problems so the costs have always been out of pocket. Having insurance is great!

Marijane--I imagine it is a time of mixed feelings when the pool is closed. We both know that Fall is a predecessor to that nasty white stuff.

I think I'll have stuffed peppers for dinner.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Jean, would an insole (like dr Scholls's) help the IM boots? 

I'm bummed out for you :-(

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise