Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JULY 7)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful day outside after the storms and torrential downpours last night. Some are still without service, and the 911 Center has issued another alert including the possibility of flooding.. It just doesn't seem to stop. There was a graphic on Facebook that said, "To think, it only rained twice this Summer. Once for 45 days and again for 35 days."

I recently bought a convection countertop oven. I could have survived without it but I just used it this morning to make muffins. It worked great! My oven is not up to par lately so I got this as it is much cheaper for my purposes. I think I see a meatloaf being prepared soon.

I watched the Q earlier this morning and saw an Affinity diamond ring presented that is still on my mind. I also saw the TSV presentation but I am waiting to see what else will be featured in the stores and on the Q later. I've also been checking Amazon, where I did buy one laptop which worked great. I'll go where the deal is the best.

The Q had the Aquamat set of two on this morning. That can be bought at Amazon but it is just one which makes it cheaper. If you want two, the combined price at Amazon is still cheaper than the Q's when the Q shipping is added in as well as tax on the shipping at the Q. I have no need for the Aquamat right now but when it was presented, I decided some comparison shopping was in order.

July 15 is an anniversary date for Amazon, which they are calling "Prime Day." They will be having several specials that day for Prime members. Yes, I have it marked on my calendar. It is being called an early "Black Friday."

I switched from using 613 to usimg the WEN lavendar this morning to see if I could tell the difference as the 613 is more expensive. Time will tell but right now, I can't see too much difference. The lavendar works better for me than the Sweet Almond Mint. I like Wen but I don't stock up big time like some do and switch from one to another frequently.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JULY 7)

Good Morning!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you stay safe and keep power.  My neighbors were discussing the rainy weather other areas have had so far this summer -- seems like everyone either has too much or too little rain.  We had a bit of rain yesterday, but not much.  It continues to be a bit cooler than average (low 90's rather than high 90's), and I'm enjoying these temperatures.  It was very nice on our walk this morning.

Glad you are enjoying your new oven.  Our neighbor showed us a couple of kitchens where he replaced the cabinets, and he gave us an estimate for the work.  Not dirt cheap, but not bad considering all the cabinets I have.  It isn't a very big kitchen, but plenty of cabinets.  Anyway, they are going away for a few weeks, and I hope to pick out the cabinets late this month or early next month.  I can't imagine how much mess/disruption will be involved, but definitely worth the trouble.  I plan to do some more de-cluttering so there is less "stuff" to put back in the cabinets.  

DH and I had such good luck with his shoes.  While we were waiting for out appointment, I spotted a stack of shoes (probably 10-15 pair) that were on sale for $50.  One of the pairs looked large and had Velcro closures.  Long story short, that pair fit DH perfectly.  So, after the clerk/consultant confirmed that they fit, we just purchased the shoes, and he wore them out of the store.  

We have the senior lunch program today, and  we will go to the gym later.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, pinky ann, Charlene, Gayle, Karen, Rosa, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JULY 7)

Jean, thanks for getting us started this morning.  It started to get humid last night, so I closed all of my windows (sigh) and kicked on the A/C.  It's raining on and off right now and I'm hoping we don't get any severe storms today. 

I'm glad that you like your convection oven.  My sister has a toaster oven that she likes.  It's nice having alternative cooking appliances, especially in the summer when you don't want to overheat the house with an oven.

LindaL - I'm so glad that you found a new pair of shoes for DH.  I'm excited for you regarding the new kitchen cabinets.

It's back to work for me :-)

Waving hello to everyone.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You were so fortunate to be able to find the right shoes for DH, especially when on sale. New cabinets are expensive but I know once you select them that you will enjoy them. Enjoy the senior lunch and the gym later in the day.

My lunch will be an easy one. Progresso Light soup! I can eat this soup any time of the year.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Good Morning Jean, Linda, and Bird!

Just wanted to stop in quickly before I go upstairs for a break. I did my volunteer work this morning, and am always achy by the time I leave. The ladies are so nice though, that I want to go for as long as possible. We're doing our own Christmas in July, so there's a good sized section of things waiting to be sold. Still lots not out yet, so it will be interesting to see how we make room for everything. 

Yesterday was DH's VA appointment, which was just long enough for me to get a few things at the store nearby. We had baked macaroni, and Italian bread is usually a must have for him. I do like it, but could be fine without.

Jean, We had lots of rain last night as well as this morning. It's gotten humid, so it may start again later. Enjoy your new oven!

Linda, You got lucky finding shoes so quickly! Have fun selecting your new cabinets. 

Bird, Don't work too hard! Hopefully it will be nice for you when you get home. Hello to all who'll post later, or just like to read the thread! pinky

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, very humid  here too....sun is in and out, we are supposed to get storms next few days....we'll see.   My DH cousin  went bck to California after a change of plans the past weekend...he came back up here Friday after leaving here Wednesday then said he would stay till this past Monday and DH would drive him to JFK to get fight back to LA....Sunday morning he decided to go to his sisters in Bklyn and one of my kids was going that way so dropped him off at her house.  He seems never to have plans when he comes back East once a year...oh well....he is back home now....maybe will be back at Christmas time.

I don't use my toaster oven very much nor my oven much ....I seem to use the microwave more than both...it is just a plain one but I do know people who have the convection type and love it.

I am still not sure where you see the 'popup' discussion...I clicked on that but only see the last posting not all of them.

Have a good lunch today LindaL and I hope the other table members are still being nice to your DH.  Glad you found the shoes for DH and on sale which makes it even better.

Charleen your DC sound like they are having a great time...there is so much to see...such great history.  Good job on your milking!

Not much else going on....I see my Mia 2  has shipped so will probably get it tomorrow. For the ladies who use it now do you use once or twice a day.....I only use mine night..figuring in the morning my face doesn't need it.  I should have picked another for my DD for Christmas. I had gotten her one of the original when I got mine and like mine is still going but not holding a charge as it used to.  I usually buy her replacement brushes for her stocking at Christmas.  I am sure they will have another one as a s\v in the months to come...I'll get it then.

Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane

Honored Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope everyone is doing well today.

Kind of gloomy here, had severe storms blow through last night so we are back to rain off and on all day today, ah well, we did have a couple nice days anyway.

KK, I'm glad you like your countertop convection oven. I have thought about getting one, but don't have extra counter space, so have stopped even thinking about it, lol. I heard about Amazon's Prime Day, I'm not really in the market for anything, but I plan to check out whatever deals they may be offering that day.

LL, we also have cooler temps today along with intermittant rain, after the more stormy weather last night. I am excited for you re: your kitchen cabinet remodel, how fun, along with the work. Extra decluttering now is an excellent idea. Also good for you and DH on finding shoes for him, and on sale yet! Hope you enjoy the senior lunch program and the gym later on.

bird, sorry you needed to close up those windows, I do love having windows open, although we have had ours closed for a while now, mostly due to the humidity. Enjoy your day at work (kind of an oxymoron, I guess).

pinky ann, nice that you do volunteer work, even though it affects you adversely by the end. Hope you can get some rest. Also glad the VA apt. went well. I drive my brother to his VA apts. as he no longer wants to drive that far and in much more traffic that he is used to, I am very pleased with the way he is treated there, contrary to what I keep hearing about on the news.

I am having a lazy day today, apparently. Thinking about making some zucchini bread and then something quick and easy for dinner later on.

Waving to everyone who stops by later.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Good morning to everyone. It is a gorgeous day..the high might be 72 and there is no humidity. My kind of weather.

Sydnie and I went grocery shopping...food is soooo expensive but I am feeding 4. Our prices are higher than in Arizona and there are not as many specials.

Jean..your convection oven sounds nice. I too am looking forward to see what Amazon has to offer next week.

Bernie , I enjoy your posts. I lived in Cleveland many years ago and we used to go to Detroit a couple of times a year. My brother is in Grand Rapids.

Linda..good luck with the cabinets.
I continue to feel good so want to get some things done around the house. My cleaning lady did a great job of getting the house cleaned up after last week. Now we are going to work in the basement and hope to convince syd to part with her baby toys.
(((((Hugs))) to all.
Honored Contributor

Hi Genny1, we were posting at the same time I think. When you click on popup discussion, look at the very top of the screen, another window opens up and you can toggle back and forth between them to see the posts. HTH.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, when you go to post, click on the link "View discussion in a popup" A popup window will open showing all the posts so you can read them and respond on the original post. I took a screen shot of it and posted it below. You post in the window that says "Replay to..." and the popup window is "Re: Shopaholics, etc." Again, once you click on "View discussion" you will have two windows open.

Popup.JPG

Bernie--My toaster oven was several years old, so I decided to replace it with a more expensive convection countertop oven. I think I will like it very much.

Ann--Enjoy your volunteer job. It sounds as if you are having great success with you sales of Christmas in July items.

Snicks--Sometimes being lazy is acceptable as it can give you the needed break from all that focused work and give you the energy to return to it. Sounds good, doesn't it? What does sound good is the zucchini bread.

Barbara--It is amazing how grocery prices are escalating. It is so much more expensive in my little town that nearly everyone who can will load up when they are in the city.