Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, FEB. 9)

Thanks Bernie...you always post the nicest cards.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - sorry that some of you are still dealing with snow.  We are having Spring weather, and I see all my daffodils and ranunculas coming up.  Bernie - bless you for helping out with special Olympics.  I have a 62 year old handicapped cousin that just lives for the special Olympics.  I think that swimming and bowling are her sports.  I'm glad that even the older folks have a place where they can compete and make friends.  

I finally got my grape vines pruned back, and fertilized the flowering bulbs coming up.  I have made a note of several chores around the house that I've been procrastinating and have been catching up on those a bit.  Plus, still paying a lot of attention to the stock market.  It's interesting to me, but a huge time drain.  Not complaining - it's just that time often gets away from me.  Still getting my 6,000 steps in, and still shopping a bit too much.  Such is life, lol.  Oh, and my mother seems to be doing fine since her bad nosebleed.  

Happy Birthday Marijane!!!   ~  Charlene

Respected Contributor

Happy birthday Marijane!  I had my women's group this morning and now am at home cleaning and straightening.  All my paperwork ends up on my side of the table so you can imagine what a mess it is. 

Jean, I hope thoughts of summer in your new sandals can chase the snowy blues away.

My dog caught some kind of cold.  I overreacted a little bit yesterday and rushed her to the country vet because city vet is expensive.  So I got to spend a couple hours in my home, which was nice, and do a load of laundry before buzzing back to the city.

Twinny I hope your Mom can be more child like and have things to look forward to.  I'm sure it is a pain explaining.  I always worry about how I will act when I am nearing the end of my life and forgetful.  I can only imagine what kind of "get me some whiskey" things I will be telling people!!  God please bless my girls to have a sense of humor, you know?

Susan, I am sending my ironing thoughts your way.  I'm thinking you got a new furbaby not so long ago - how is that going? Forgive me if I have yall mixed up. 

Respected Contributor

Bernie, I wear my heart on my sleeve and it doesn't take much to pull on those heartstrings.  My church is putting on a huge gala for special needs kids and young adults - similar to Prom with a red carpet and the whole shebang on Friday.  It sounds so lovely!

Charlene, I was wondering how the fitbit was going.  I accepted a 100 day challenge and commited to 8k steps every day.  And then failed yesterday as I was in the car for 6 hours.  But I will get it in today!

Trusted Contributor

Kathleen -  Thank you for asking about Katie.  She is doing well, she is a senior dog so we don't get out for long walks, but we go out for two shorter walks a day.  She also has lymes disease and two of her legs shake at times.  I know you all must think I am nuts for taking her on, but she is worth it.  After visiting her at the Humane Society and she kept running to the window when a family would walk by, I knew she was coming home with me.

Oh, I did get my ironing done today - Go me!

Hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Honored Contributor

@PAlady

I don't think you are nuts at all.  This is coming from me, the woman who lives with a crippled pigeon that was attacked by something and can't fly.  If they are beaten, broken or damaged, they find me.  They literally end up on my doorstep.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Oh Katie. Know she is much loved!
Respected Contributor

Awww Susan, I am not one to think you are crazy.  I fall in love with the ones I think no one else will want or take.  I'm glad she has a forever home with you!  xoxo

Respected Contributor

It's 3:30 already.  I had a long talk with my girlfriend.  Our discussion this morning and the theme of the week seems to be finding my worth in _______________.  I did fill out a long application and one of those 80 question assesments, and now I've got some tphings to get done here before Beloved gets home.

I just seem to wake up earlier and earlier, currently about 4:30 and I might go back to sleep or might not.  I bought some already cooked chicken and want to make chicken fried rice for supper, I think.  I can't stuff not one more thing into our fridge or cabinets so I'm determined to not spend a penny for 5 days.  We'll see how that goes.  I need to get out walking too.  Can't believe the day is almost gone.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan--Katie is a treasure.  The Humane Society is a great place for pet adoption and Katie connected with you. When I went to adopt another cat, I had an entirely different type in mind but there was something about the personality of Midnight and the way he lookerd at me told me to consider him. I asked if I could take him to the lobby and let him lap sit where there were more distractions. He was perfectly behaved. In fact, I remember one of the workers saying, "Would you look at that!" I later found he could be a little challenging and dislikes other cats, but he has never been a problem for me.

The outpatient surgical center called today to pre-register me. I just hope the weather is acceptable on Monday. I hate to go through all that cleansing routine on Sunday and not be able to go for the procedure.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.