Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is Susan Graver day and all that entails....positive and negative depending upo your mindset.

I do like the TSV but I do not wear tanks so one of themn would be useless unless I wore it under something else. The armholes in tanks are always too big for m as I am narrow in the shoulders and shortwaisted. If I get something big enough for the bust measurement, I have arm holes that are too big. Also, I have upper arms that continue to wave after I quit waving good bye. I just prefer to cover them up unless in the house. There are some things that you do not do in public and for me going sleeveless is one of them.

$39.98 plus $6.72 shipping is $46.70. Add 6% sales tax to that and we have over $53. Now, if I were in a store and looking at that outfit, I would ask myself if I would be willing to pay $46.70 for it? The answer is no as it isn't that unusual to justify the purchase. I'm actually planning not to make a clothing purchase until Fall. I can shop my closet!

One purchase a week carelessly made could easily equal over $100 a month or $1200 a year. What can be done with that $1200? Remember the amount per year for impulse purchases could easily go over $1200...and I'm not restricting it to QVC. Impulse is impulse regardless of where you shop!

Those "small" amounts may seem small in themselves but when added together they can easily add up. This is when having a gal for a major expenditure can serve as something to motivate you to restrict your purchases to those that are necessities or wants that are not duplicated or easily forgotten. Have you put things on a wish list but forgot about them? Or even in your shopping cart and then forgotten them? This shows how important the purchase was!

I'm not working today until the afterschool program but will work tomorrow. I need to g through some things here and see what needs to go or be organized in a different manner.

Have a great day! If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.