Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY 26)

Katnleen..you know what I would say to you.......Start practicing your "Alohas".    SInve you were going to meet the ship in SD on their return trip what's a few days earlier?  Ten years from now you will say boy I wish I would have gone!       As far as " what am I worth" goes you are worth plenty to people,myself included who look forward to reading you posts here and on FB.        THat's my 2 cents anyhow.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know.  Money is just very tight and I don't want to spend savings to get there. Smiley Sad

Gayle, have fun on your 5k!  Good for you!

Barbara, I am loving my plants this year.  I have flowers at both places. As long as DD is there they will be ok.  If she vacates I'm sure I will need to bring them here to the city. I have about 5 strawberries that are ripening so I might get a mini shortcake!  Smiley Very Happy

Butterfly, how nice to sleep right through the storm.  I hope your appt went well today.

Yum, Snicks!  I LOVE strawberry shortcake! Do you use biscuits or those bought pound cake things?  I have been told our sweet biscuit shortcake is "the Yankee way". In any case, it is the only way to go for me.

Regular Contributor

Kathleen, I'm with Marijane.   Sounds like a once in a lifetime, hopefully you'll get packing.  Time to evict those "thoughts", they are definitely occupying too much space rent free...from where I sit, I see a kind, fun, thoughtful lady!!!

And, yes, that's my Dr. DS.  This is his last year of his residency in surgery, and interviewing all over the country(in Houston today) for a fellowship in trauma surgery and critical care.  DD doing well- working a lot, loving her world in fashion.  Youngest DS is back home, working on a career change.

Just home and boy is it hot, may head out to the pool.  Have a wonderful evening.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, just popped in to catch up on today's posts. I switched my avatar for Memorial Day weekend, it's a poppy for the veterans. I will switch back probably Tuesday.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So in my email to DD I asked her about it. She didn't exactly invite me, and her friend (boot camp/A school buddy that is in Hawaii now) is planning on doing it.  So we will see what she says.

Karen, how exciting! I do like Houston, but so very very humid lately.  I'm glad the kids are doing so well.  I know you are a proud Mama!

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

Now that you mention it, lol, I see it's a poppy.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise